• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Cult |OT| Sarah Paulson Suffers In This One, It Must Be Good

zeemumu

If she only had $5 for bullets how did she afford a gun? And why would you wear a massive overcoat and hide the gun in a paper bag?

Alright looking at this bio I don't see anything about her trading sex for money to buy bullets, just that she got someone to loan her $50. Did they add that? If that's accurate then fine but if they didn't that seems like an odd addition

Kinda finding it weird where AHS keeps drawing breaking points. They were fine with all of the murder and corpse mutilation but somehow the hitlist rant was what convinced them that what they were doing might be a little crazy? They're a little past that point once they cut off that dude's limbs and genitals and stuffed them in his mouth, aren't they?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was interesting. Not sure we needed a whole episode dedicated to Valerie Solanas' cult, but it was fun to see some old AHS alums pop up for a spell.

Doesn't the whole episode not make sense by saying the ZODIAC didn't actually exist, when his ghost was shown, garb and all in the Halloween episode of Freak Show? Meh, just a whole reminding me that Lena Dunham is shit.

NKnight7

Neo Member
That was interesting. Not sure we needed a whole episode dedicated to Valerie Solanas' cult, but it was fun to see some old AHS alums pop up for a spell.

That's mostly my thoughts on the episode too, I feel like there was a little too much Lena Dunham, but it was nice seeing some of the old AHS alums, especially Frances Conroy. I'm really curious to see how all of this is going to end.

Also, I thought Evan Peters was great as Andy Warhol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Doesn't the whole episode not make sense by saying the ZODIAC didn't actually exist, when his ghost was shown, garb and all in the Halloween episode of Freak Show? Meh, just a whole reminding me that Lena Dunham is shit.

*Hotel

Francis Conroy did mention that towards the end, the copycat (Zodiac) actually did end up killing someone, so I'm guessing that's who appeared at the serial killer dinner in Hotel.

Also, I thought Evan Peters was great as Andy Warhol.

I thought so too!

*Hotel

Francis Conroy did mention that towards the end, the copycat (Zodiac) actually did end up killing someone, so I'm guessing that's who appeared at the serial killer dinner in Hotel.

I thought so too!

Agreed, best thing of the episode. Wish he could always play a complicated person like that.

Stiler

Any of you maybe think that she made the whole thing up? Her and Kai just working together and he knows how to push their buttons to do what he wants. Frances simply put on a show/told them a story to get them to do what Kai wanted them to do.

If she only had $5 for bullets how did she afford a gun? And why would you wear a massive overcoat and hide the gun in a paper bag?

Alright looking at this bio I don't see anything about her trading sex for money to buy bullets, just that she got someone to loan her $50. Did they add that? If that's accurate then fine but if they didn't that seems like an odd addition

Kinda finding it weird where AHS keeps drawing breaking points. They were fine with all of the murder and corpse mutilation but somehow the hitlist rant was what convinced them that what they were doing might be a little crazy? They're a little past that point once they cut off that dude's limbs and genitals and stuffed them in his mouth, aren't they?
Totally, can't make sense of this writing. And ivy was right back at mutilating and killing a person after being unable to watch the Gimp.

OrionX

Looks like it's reached the point where characters are gonna start dropping like flies...

Good, let the purge begin. I hope Ivy's next. The way she tries to act like an innocent serial killer is annoying as hell.

Wow, this season has gotten so bad I might just stop watching. The fact that Kai is literally the master puppeteer playing 45-d chess is the stupidest thing I have ever seen as well as the whole Zodiac killer part. I actually felt like I wasted my time watching this episode.

Razmos

Hated the start of the episode, hated Lena Dunham. Absolute shit acting.
Frances Conroy got me genuinely excited and the whole Cult v Cult thing made me think the season was finally reaching that turning point it does every season... until it was revealed it was just another of Kai's plans and he is one step ahead, again.

Like I'm not even sold on Kai being charismatic enough to be a leader, he literally just sounds like an egotistical kid and the idea of anyone following him is ludicrous to begin with, never mind killing or dying for him.

The fact that EVERYTHING is part of his plan and he is always one step ahead is just getting really fucking boring. There is no tension, we are just watching Kai's ridiculous perfect ascension and I'm sick of it.

bitbydeath

Evan continues to be the absolute best actor in AHS.

evan-peters-as-andy-warhol-28189115.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Kai randomly turning against women for some reason would have been stupid as hell though. The only way that the "women vs Kai" thing makes any sense whatsoever is if he orchestrated it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was like watching someone's fever dream. Reminded me of the Chris Carter written episodes of the X-File revival. Where I just stared at the TV thinking "WTF am I watching?"

Didn't hate it, but didn't really like it either. Just felt like a really long detour.

kirblar

I always wait a few eps now before jumping into an AHS season now to gauge reaction. S3 burned me. Only exception was Hotel, since I was curious about GaGa and a post-Lange show.

Not really liking the direction this is going. For a couple of episodes I thought they were going to subvert expectations and not make Kai an alt-right caricature. He's become just that.

zeemumu

"I didn't kill my wife! I just drove her crazy!"

LMAO. Ivy is really sold on the whole murdering business now.

That pissed me off so much. "I just drove her crazy"? You duped her into accidentally killing a man and then shamed her into oblivion for it. You took her son away. You framed her for adultery. You put her mental illnesses up to the maximum by making her irrational fears real. She's being interrogated for involvement in a mass shooting as a result of your actions. YOU RUINED HER FUCKIN' LIFE AND THE LIVES OF SEVERAL OTHERS. You can't high road jack-shit, Ivy.

That pissed me off so much. "I just drove her crazy"? You duped her into accidentally killing a man and then shamed her into oblivion for it. You took her son away. You framed her for adultery. You put her mental illnesses up to the maximum by making her irrational fears real. She's being interrogated for involvement in a mass shooting as a result of your actions. YOU RUINED HER FUCKIN' LIFE AND THE LIVES OF SEVERAL OTHERS. You can't high road jack-shit, Ivy.

Ivy isn't acknowledging that she is a monster? Mild Shock!

I hope they don't go the redemption route with her character.

Taruranto

Several serial killers and awful people got a redemption pretty quickly in AHS (On the top of my head Sidibe in S3 and half of the cast of Hotel), so it's not off the table.

SeppOCE

What if the old woman made it up though? The reveal with her and Kai at the end makes me think it’s possible she is lying. If shes lying it meana the Zodiac really did it all so his ghost can exist.

Top Bottom