• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Playing Campaign mode as Jack right now. This is totally different and more awesome than I imagined. The attacks hit so hard and are brutal as hell. When I get the feel for the controls I'll start adding people on my PSN friends list.

Don't have time to play much, but did start up single player. Did bot match as well. Holy hell the battles, the random crap happening mid match, etc.

I will be playing this for some time.

Mupod

Campaign mode is surprisingly fun.

yeah I thought it'd just be something to slog through it but it's pretty good and full of God Hand-like craziness. I remember getting a little frustrated at a mission where you need to kill 50 drones but then I realized that you can grab the selfdestructing ones and throw them at their allies. At which point it became explodey robot chaos.

the boss fights are pretty intense since I keep trying to beat them without dying so I can get platinum medals. All this practice with Jack and I have no intention to ever use him in multiplayer...

Mechazawa

Man, how the fuck are some of these guys online capable of blocking for thirty years against three people?

HOW. SHOW ME YOUR WAYS.

explodet

Whew, glad I'm not the only one whose PSN code for Bayonetta doesn't work.
Was holding off on opening my copy until I figured it out.

But now it's too late to play tonight!
I should always check GAF first.

Tain

Campaign mode is surprisingly fun.

Playing Campaign mode as Jack right now. This is totally different and more awesome than I imagined. The attacks hit so hard and are brutal as hell. When I get the feel for the controls I'll start adding people on my PSN friends list.

yeah I thought it'd just be something to slog through it but it's pretty good and full of God Hand-like craziness. I remember getting a little frustrated at a mission where you need to kill 50 drones but then I realized that you can grab the selfdestructing ones and throw them at their allies. At which point it became explodey robot chaos.

the boss fights are pretty intense since I keep trying to beat them without dying so I can get platinum medals. All this practice with Jack and I have no intention to ever use him in multiplayer...

told y'all

Eusis

Doing the tutorial helped me a bit with online play, and I suspect completing the campaign will be similar. So, yeah, at least do the tutorial in case there's tings you're missing, or just to get a feel on some things.

lol sorry for not getting back to anyone, I've been idling on the title screen and got sidetracked by gaffin'/internetin'. I come back and notice 31 invites in my message box. :X

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Still not grasping the how to handle things. Especially superstar shots which I have no idea if they are blockable or anything.

You can catch superstar shots if you're the same element as them only but just grabbing them with circle I believe

which honestly I think is pretty dumb, since usually being in a position to catch them is pretty hard in and of itself.

I think deathball is an interesting idea, that doesn't work out as designed.

because usually how it plays out in game is everyone scrambles for the ball.

I usually try to play defense while my team goes after the ball. Stay between the ball and my goal and just be as disruptive as I can.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
all you need to know about death ball though

catch the ball and pop rampage :p

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
So much fun to finally be able to play something other than Team Battle again! Had a lot of really great matches today.

You can catch superstar shots if you're the same element as them only but just grabbing them with circle I believe.

Nah, you don't have to hit circle, you just have to run into the ball as a character of the same element. The big dudes' shots are unblockable, but they only cross about half the field.

You're right that it can definitely be a bit rough when no one is passing the ball though, I guess I've just been lucky about finding good lobbies.

It's awesome to see people over here finally able to enjoy the game. I'll be joining up in the online modes within the next few days. Need to get my Anarchy legs back. :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what it is, but I really really love Rin Rin's design. It's not even like 'aw yeah she's hot', I just think she looks cool.

Make her a skin for Bayonetta 2

Riposte

Does dying and being revived via "retries" (I get 3 in this one mission it seems like) disqualify you from getting the "Max Anarchy" achievement?

Teknoman

Am I missing something on how to beat a boss on the first try? Hard mode, I barely got Mission 1 down to 25% left after 3 tries.

iclash

My PS3 code from Gamestop did not not work, so sound's like I should just try again tomorrow? Otherwise, this game is great even though I'm not sure what I'm doing/button-mashing

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Does dying and being revived via "retries" (I get 3 in this one mission it seems like) disqualify you from getting the "Max Anarchy" achievement?

If that's the no death completion one then yes.

but like Bayo and Vanquish you can cheese it by quitting to main menu and reloading from previous checkpoint.

If you retire from the mission though it still counts and you're fucked permanently for that playthrough

Teknoman

If that's the no death completion one then yes.

but like Bayo and Vanquish you can cheese it by quitting to main menu and reloading from previous checkpoint.

If you retire from the mission though it still counts and you're fucked permanently for that playthrough

Nooooooo x_x lol you've got to be some sort of super pro to beat mission 01 white side on hard with no retries.

Volcynika

Since my friends' codes didn't work, we did regular survival instead of mad survival. Fun stuff, though we barely even got to Cthulu on that one map!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Nooooooo x_x lol you've got to be some sort of super pro to beat mission 01 white side on hard with no retries.

I wouldn't go for the achievement on hard

It's doable but there's no point.

Top Bottom