• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

zroid

Banned
TW101 has almost certainly slipped out of Q1, but can you imagine if it hasn't? Three P* games in one quarter!

Majukun

for people who already have played it..how is durga?he's a good character?i was thinking on making him my main character

Neiteio

HOLY SHIT.

I just found out Blacker Baron fights with flaming eagle gauntlets.

*conflicted about maining him or Big Bull*

Shizzlee

for people who already have played it..how is durga?he's a good character?i was thinking on making him my main character

Yes, Durga is good. Not Bayo, Rin sister, ninja-type good, but good. Easy to use as well.

HOLY SHIT.

I just found out Blacker Baron fights with flaming eagle gauntlets.

*conflicted about maining him or Big Bull*

I'd recommend using Baron over Big Bull.

Big Bull is the worst character in the game.

A.E Suggs

I'm getting this for ps3 and 360(although I don't have xboxlive at the moment)
PS3 I guess I'll go with my old account raymk23.

Neiteio

Don't let my words discourage you from using a character in particular. In every mode that's not Cage match it doesn't really matter who you use just as long as you play smart. If you can land your killer weapon as Big Bull then you will do ok.
Which Rin sister would you say as best? The red fan-wielding one looks neat (Rin Rin).

Also, how would you say Mathilda is? Another one that catches my eye, at least aesthetically.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the JPN 360 version. Didn't need to change language settings. All the instructions and voice acting were in English. Haven't played for a while. Need to get some practice in this weekend.

damn everyone is getting it for ps3 lol
i wasn't planning on getting this but i think I will now bored as hell and need something new to play.

Shizzlee

Which Rin sister would you say as best? The red fan-wielding one looks neat (Rin Rin).

Also, how would you say Mathilda is? Another one that catches my eye, at least aesthetically.

All the Rin sisters are exactly the same except their killer weapons are different. I couldn't tell you which one is the best since I use none of them. Fei Rin seems to be the more popular one. As far as I'm concerned, all three of them are good. Can't go wrong with either one. They all play the same so if you can use one you can use the other two.

Mathilda is great. It shocks me that I don't see her that much. She hits like a truck and has swag combos from one launcher that will almost kill you. She scares me. That damn bat.

Neiteio

All the Rin sisters are exactly the same except their killer weapons are different. I couldn't tell you which one is the best since I use none of them. Fei Rin seems to be the more popular one. As far as I'm concerned, all three of them are good. Can't go wrong with either one. They all play the same so if you can use one you can use the other two.

Mathilda is great. It shocks me that I don't see her that much. She hits like a truck and has swag combos from one launcher that will almost kill you. She scares me. That damn bat.
How about Nikolai, the Russian with the electro-gauntlets, and Garuda, the Transformer featured in the Power Rangers-esque GIF on the last page?

(It's fun describing these guys)

Shizzlee

How about Nikolai, the Russian with the electro-gauntlets, and Garuda, the Transformer featured in the Power Rangers-esque GIF on the last page?

(It's fun describing these guys)

Eh, I'll just say it now. Everyone in this game that's not Big Bull is good. This game is kinda balanced. Yes some characters are better than others, but everyone has a shot at winning if the person behind them plays smartly. Don't worry about your character choice that much.

Nikolai is good. His strong killer weapon is dumb. He has easy combos that are also long and could carry you to a wall. Check this dude's channel for videos of this character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTbcjNhTsEE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now you are getting to my characters. I mainly use his electric cousin, but Garuda is a decent character. Hits hard, has combos into drill, all of those SA frames, and easy corner loops. Bad thing is that with him being a big character he's slow and easily can be stunned, but that means nothing if you can get good reads.

Neiteio

OK, I looked it up, and yeah, Garuda and Gargoyle are kind of a Ryu/Ken/Akuma difference, and that's not spoiling anything, since it's a mechanical comparison, not a plot detail.

Lucent

Man, I'd love to jump in on this, but a new semester is coming up and I've already got Ni no Kuni's Wizard Edition coming this month and Dead Space 3 next month.

Wonder how long the community will last. How long can everyone kick eachother's ass? lol

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Some sort of organized Deathball league needs to be a thing. Deathball matches where both teams know what they're doing are ridiculously tense, easily some of the most fun I ever had with the game.

Neiteio

Are there any detailed breakdowns written anywhere regarding the different characters? I'd like to read up on them to get a sense of how they handle, their strengths and weaknesses, etc, before the game hits next week. It's the most interesting part of the game and I'm HYPED, so it'd be nice to have such material. :)

Daigoro

not sure if im interested in this game or not.

never played Mad World. it being P* and only $30 are pluses, but im not sure if i want a online brawler. not really a genre i like very much usually.

id probably be ignoring this entirely if it wasnt Platinum.

Neiteio

not sure if im interested in this game or not.

never played Mad World. it being P* and only $30 are pluses, but im not sure if i want a online brawler. not really a genre i like very much usually.

id probably be ignoring this entirely if it wasnt Platinum.
It looks like 3D Smash Bros. with a roster that includes a pimp with the "Super Sexy Fists of Fire" (two flaming eagle gauntlets!) and a steam-powered minotaur wielding a rocket-powered sledgehammer.

Think about it. You can't not buy that.

Roto13

Wait, this game didn't already come out? I thought it came out early last year?
It was supposed to come out a year ago but it got delayed to July and then Sega delayed the NA release because they're incompetent and would rather release a niche game when it has actual competition.

Neiteio

It was supposed to come out a year ago but it got delayed to July and then Sega delayed the NA release because they're incompetent and would rather release a niche game when it has actual competition.
Curious, what competition does the game have releasing now?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I thought it over and I think it has more to do with their financials.

Daigoro

It looks like 3D Smash Bros. with a roster that includes a pimp with the "Super Sexy Fists of Fire" (two flaming eagle gauntlets!) and a steam-powered minotaur wielding a rocket-powered sledgehammer.

im not much of a fan of the Smash Bros games honestly. thats my main problem here.

Darksim

Darksim; Darkim150; X360.

I see that my Power Rangers Gargoyle Force gif was a hit

I imported it, but never really partook in the GAF thread here, hopefully I will this time. But really, hopefully I don't need to go digging around on this or the SRK thread to find people to play with.

To people trying to decide who they want to main, many characters are often really good at certain gametypes but mediocre at others, so it's really a good idea to main two characters anyway.

I would also probably enjoy discussing what anyone who has had the game's opinion is on what tiers would look like in this game, though they would probably change quite a bit between FFA and team gametypes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Also, it's by Platinum Games.

And it's THIRTY DOLLARS

I know that this was already a pretty obvious buy, but come on. It's like, you would have to be less than brainless to not buy this. You would need a negative brain.

Eusis

I thought it over and I think it has more to do with their financials.
I wonder if it's possible they really DID quietly cancel it, but the outrage caused them to reconsider, go for a budget price, and work everything out again with retailers to sell. Which of course delayed the game since this was, like, a month before the originally planned release.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I would also probably enjoy discussing what anyone who has had the game's opinion is on what tiers would look like in this game, though they would probably change quite a bit between FFA and team gametypes.

I think overall

Bayonetta
Ai Rin(Rin Sisters. Ai Rin's kit is the best though)
Zero
Douglas

are the best 4.

while Jack and Bull are the worst 2

You could probably break up the rest even further, but I really haven't given character rankings in this game much thought beyond the above.

Darksim

Bayonetta
Ai Rin(Rin Sisters. Ai Rin's kit is the best though)
Zero
Douglas

are the best 4

Outside of the infinite/KW glitch damage and her jumping guns randomly stunning people, I don't think Bayonetta is as ridiculous as people make her out to be. Characters have far more obnoxious things to do, i.e. jumping nunchucks and the Leo-lunge.

I didn't think Zero was that amazing either. KWH has ridiculous range, but outside of that I wasn't too impressed.

while Jack and Bull are the worst 2

Jack is bad, but I've met low tier heroes who actually do really well with him and occasionally even win. I don't understand how though.

Why would you think Bull is that bad? He has trouble stealing kills in FFA, but I actually think he's one of the best team characters in the game. KWL is some of the best crowd control in the game, and charged KWH does such an unbelievably stupid amount of damage that setting it up on a crowd pretty much means that your teammates are guaranteed to get the kill if you didn't already. He also has jump light > dash heavy cancel for moving around, letting him outrun even the Leo/Zero dash attacking crap for when he's the leader in team battle.

Teknoman

im not much of a fan of the Smash Bros games honestly. thats my main problem here.

609648-frontpowerstone2_large.jpg

More of a slower paced Power Stone imo.

Neiteio

Why would you think Bull is that bad? He has trouble stealing kills in FFA, but I actually think he's one of the best team characters in the game. KWL is some of the best crowd control in the game, and charged KWH does such an unbelievably stupid amount of damage that setting it up on a crowd pretty much means that your teammates are guaranteed to get the kill if you didn't already. He also has jump light > dash heavy cancel for moving around, letting him outrun even the Leo/Zero dash attacking crap for when he's the leader in team battle.
Cool, hope for Big Bull! Could you explain in laymen's terms what the button sequence/timing would be for that whole quick dash technique you described that allows him to outrun quite a few people?

Also, how's Rin Rin? It sounds like Ai is the best of the three sisters but I quite like the look of Rin Rin, the legacy factor (MadWorld character), and the fact one of her attacks, where she throws her flame fan and it spins to juggle her opponent, reminds me of the one attack Trish does in UMvC3 where she throws the spinning scythe and it grinds into opponents.

Top Bottom