• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Androgynous women are goddamn sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

subversus said:
tumblr_lkh45ng8XS1qh4tmy

who is this?

Faye Wong

Yea I think Cate Blanchett is attractive, I'm not sure if she's really androgynous

I like beautiful girls with short hair. When they have a beautiful face and beautiful eyes short hair pronounces that even more. That said i'm not into women who actualy could be confused with member of the male population.

Regarding OP, Tilda Swinton there is nothing that i find sexy or attractive about her. She's an excellent actress tho. Cate Blanchet i find attractive but that's less about her looks. She's not a classic beauty in my book. I like her charisma and mannerisms.

zigg

TacticalFox88 said:
Rachel Maddow is pretty much the only "guy looking" female that I find attractive.

For some reason this reminded me of my far-right-wing friends who swoon over Ann Coulter.

Majmun

I don't feel attracted to females who look like men, or vice versa.

Gackt

Andrej Pejic

Me

I just think it's a fascinating look. O_O

Noaloha

Surprised at the number of posters in this thread giffing the place up with emphatic "wtf, no"s and "do not want"s. Each to their own angles of lens though. For me, and I'm straighter than a crow's commute, androgyny in women and physical attraction towards those women are in no way mutually exclusive; I'll swoon for a square jaw just as much as a button nose, so long as the faces of which they are a facet are striking.

I've always thought Emma Gaze, drummer of the musical goddess-pantheon Electrelane, has a wonderfully eye-turning look about her. I would stare and stare and apologise directly for all the staring and then stare some more.

6_emma-3.jpg

And my most recent outright crush towards (who I guess I consider a somewhat) androgynous person would be Jana Hunter.

jana.jpg

Live song.

K701

Banned
I don't get this topic. Those women having short hair and wearing traditionally male clothes is not androgynous, they still look like women, that's just cross dressing. That blond guy with long hair that looks like a woman is not androgynous either, because he looks like a woman and has female traits. (he also dresses like a woman, so that makes him a transvestite)

real androgynous:

picture-61.jpg

ugly_39_of_43.jpg

Also, me personally, DO NOT WANT.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Blanchett is a beautiful woman and never looks like a man. Swindley is just foul, I've never liked looking at her. Third picture reminds me of Weisz. Last has a much more aggressive pose, so it works.

I find androgyny easier to define when it's a feminine man, or the woman is younger. I had difficulty with Stewart in Panic Room, despite her dress. I'm not sure whether I'm attracted to it or not. I prefer my girlfriend with short hair but her measurements are hourglass and her style is girly and frilly. I do sometimes beg her to wear suits, so who knows.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Funny how much of a backfire this thread was. Couldn't disagree with the OP any more than I do personally.

Honestly, I think if you really find these women attractive, many of whom look like dudes, you might be gay. I say that with no negative intent whatsoever.

Epcott

Only Fifi Alexis...

U6rBh.jpg

Besides her, not really.
(edit: there's pics out there of her looking boyish smoking cigars, but I can't put them here)

Funky Papa said:
Some motherfucker had the audacity of bringing Twiggy here.

TWIGGY.

Androginy doesn't mean being a butch, classical androginy also means to have a youthful, almost adolescent physique without strong secondary sexual characteristics.

5wfcrn_thachh.jpg

3123521809_6298699f24.jpg

perhaps you're not seeing the androginy of twiggy since all models look like her right now, but remember that in the 60s the definition of beauty was the pinup type so yes, Twiggy was actually the bringer of a whole revolution of androginy.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Devolution is mine, GAF. I called dibs/bro code.

All I want to do is make sweet, sweet love to that woman.

Dali

K701 said:
I don't get this topic. Those women having short hair and wearing traditionally male clothes is not androgynous, they still look like women, that's just cross dressing. That blond guy with long hair that looks like a woman is not androgynous either, because he looks like a woman and has female traits. (he also dresses like a woman, so that makes him a transvestite)

real androgynous:

picture-61.jpg

ugly_39_of_43.jpg

Also, me personally, DO NOT WANT.
You don't have to be completely indistinguishable as one or the other in order to be seen as androgynous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom