• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Androgynous women are goddamn sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hermit

cashman said:

as usual perfect first reply.

acheron_xl said:
andro.jpg

THAT'S an androgynous man.

What the...that's a guy?

Gentleman Jack said:
You rang?

uAltw.gif

THAT TOO?! no fucking way...

27y7vhs.gif

StudioTan said:
No, she still looks like a girl dressed as a boy to me. She has the full lips and very feminine cheekbones.

Here's Mariah Carey dressed as a dude:

mariah-carey-pic-rex-image-3-528020261.jpg

That doesn't make her androgynous (even though I don't normally find her attractive), it means she can make a convincing dude.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree. I think Cate's very pretty and in no way does she blur any gender lines with me.

WAT.

That is not a convincing dude.

StudioTan said:
No, she still looks like a girl dressed as a boy to me. She has the full lips and very feminine cheekbones.

Here's Mariah Carey dressed as a dude:

mariah-carey-pic-rex-image-3-528020261.jpg

That doesn't make her androgynous (even though I don't normally find her attractive), it means she can make a convincing dude.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree. I think Cate's very pretty and in no way does she blur any gender lines with me.

WAT.

That is not a convincing dude.

As for the thread. I have a thing for Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton, not so much androgynous females.

y2dvd

Ha, honest to gawd I had a dream about Cate last night thanks to this thread.
And it was a pleasant one. X]

Kraftwerk

Well, I'll be honest. I didn't think I would..let me rephrase. I did not think androgynous women would get so much hate. I knew some would not agree, but not to such a degree that they would be disgusted. I also find the super macho attitude very forced by some here.

"WTF BRO!! THAT SHIT IS DISGUSTING BRO!! I WANt A REAL WOMAN DAWG!!"
*goes out with girl who has a bucket of make-up applied*

I guess that's what happens when you are born in the Culture.

daviyoung

Banned
Kraftwerk said:
Well, I'll be honest. I didn't think I would..let me rephrase. I did not think androgynous women would get so much hate. I knew some would not agree, but not to such a degree that they would be disgusted. I also find the super macho attitude very forced by some here.

I'm more disgusted by the people who think Emma Watson is the opposite of androgyny and doesn't look like a 15 year old boy.

Nice thread. I'm pretty much exclusively attracted to androgynous people. Is there a word for that? Technically I'm bi, but girly girls and masculine men do nothing for me.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
My ex was pretty androgynous (actually she looks like a younger Elizabeth Warren of all things), I don't mind the look actually...

Hyuga

Banned
Kraftwerk said:
Anyone else agree?

I was watching Michael Clayton with someone, when I commented how hot Tilda Swinton is. They went "ewwwwwwwww"

Or Cate Blanchett. They are so gorgeous.

I said GODDAMN

special shout-out to our very own Devo <3
316usec.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Seemed like the most appropriate thread to post this since reigning king of androgyny Andrej Pejic (who is neither transgender nor specifically transsexual) was mentioned a few times before.

http://frockwriter.blogspot.com/2011/12/andrej-pejic-wraps-2011-in-lingerie.html
What other accomplishments could the androgynous, Bosnian-born, Melbourne-raised modelling superstar Andrej Pejic squeeze into the closing days of 2011? Try scoring an advertising campaign for womens’ lingerie. Behold two images from a new intimate apparel campaign from Dutch chain store Hema, advertising its “Mega Push-Up Bra”, as modelled by Pejic underneath two womens' dresses. Even in the super liberal Netherlands, Hema’s choice of model has made big news, with at least a half dozen Dutch news outlets picking up the story in the last few hours. The campaign was shot in Amsterdam in late September and is described as a "money job" by Pejic's Sydney agent, Chadwick's Joseph Tenni. "It's revolutionary" Tenni told frockwriter. "I've never known a man to do a womens' lingerie campaign before".

[Pejic] doesn't necessarily prefer being styled as a woman or as a man, but that he appreciates the variety of work available to him. "To me, it doesn't really matter. I don't really have that sort of strong gender identity — I identify as what I am."

PozoH.jpg

sFxbQ.jpg

I also just read that FHM actually listed him on their "sexiest women in the world" list last year, but quickly pulled him off the list either because they didn't realize Andrej was male (which would be hilarious if accurate) or to avoid controversy (boooring).

Platy

Seemed like the most appropriate thread to post this since reigning king of androgyny Andrej Pejic (who is neither transgender nor specifically transsexual) was mentioned a few times before.

http://frockwriter.blogspot.com/2011/12/andrej-pejic-wraps-2011-in-lingerie.html

PozoH.jpg

sFxbQ.jpg

I also just read that FHM actually listed him on their "sexiest women in the world" list last year, but quickly pulled him off the list either because they didn't realize Andrej was male (which would be hilarious if accurate) or to avoid controversy (boooring).

I posted the advertising on "pics that made you laugh" when it was released because they were one of the most perfect castings EVER ... i mean .. how can you be more flatchested than a skinny man ? xD

Needless to say the reactions of people drooling over the "hot chick" and then discovering it is a dude and wanting to trow up made me laugh even more

LuchaShaq

Banned
Men like many in the pictures here who look like women? Awkward boners.

Women who look like men or even worse look like young boys? OH HELL NO

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I posted the advertising on "pics that made you laugh" when it was released because they were one of the most perfect castings EVER ... i mean .. how can you be more flatchested than a skinny man ? xD

Needless to say the reactions of people drooling over the "hot chick" and then discovering it is a dude and wanting to trow up made me laugh even more

Ah, gotcha. I had a nagging feeling that I'd seen the ads posted before, but couldn't remember for sure and search didn't bring it up. I definitely get some demented glee from those lust/vomit heelturns, heh.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The images at the top are pretty funny.

http://frockwriter.blogspot.com/2011...-lingerie.html
http://i.imgur.com/PozoH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sFxbQ.jpg

That's hilarious. How did they not know? No Google at FHM? :p

@ these responses.

I think this guy fits the label

for all that is holy don't look him up in his current state.

pete burns
Several '80s acts fit the description.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Mm love me some Alice. Got to touch her when I saw them live.

Zomba13

PozoH.jpg

sFxbQ.jpg

That's a guy?

Damn he's hot.

I feel like it's time we split this thread into "Actual Androgyny" and "Hot Women with Short Hair", because the examples are getting really stupid now.

Meaning members from either sex that don't fit traditional respective masculine and feminine norms. Some of the pics here are just really hot women with short hair.

LuchaShaq

Banned

"WTF BRO!! THAT SHIT IS DISGUSTING BRO!! I WANt A REAL WOMAN DAWG!!"
*goes out with girl who has a bucket of make-up applied*

I guess that's what happens when you are born in the Culture.

That's a bullshit cop out. Some of the people in this thread were posting in the "make under" thread commenting how much better the girl looked without the bucket of awful makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom