• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Announced (Wii U, Mario Party System, Holiday 2015)

DrArchon

It didn't even show if you can use non-AC amiibo with it. You better be able to. I can't imagine a dumber idea than calling a game "Amiibo Festival" and only letting you use one kind of Amiibo.

Christ, can we just get a Skylanders clone already? I want to use my Shulk and Lucario in more than one game.

Roo

People asked for Animal Crossing for Wii U
They get Animal Crossing for Wii U
bQBOWY7.gif

pM1l1mh.gif

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I was cheering for a new Animal Crossing WiiU entry when this showed up.

Then realized it was a board game...

sigh.

Truth be told, this is the most horrified and depressed a video game has made me feel in I don't even know how long.

Like you copied Mario Party 10?

gillty

Banned
Animal Crossing just works better on handheld devices.

You want an Animal Crossing for your WiiU? You get it in the form of a spinoff. Did you all really expect a mainline AC game after what has been said in this regard?

MLH

This looks like a really bland board game.

I love Animal Crossing at least the Happy Home game on 3DS looks good.

You want an Animal Crossing for your WiiU? You get it in the form of a spinoff.

Tell that to my mom who constantly asking when the next Animal Crossing is gonna come out that she can play, when the last one she had was City Folk. She hates handhelds, because the screen is too small for her. She plays games when she's relaxing at home.

You want an Animal Crossing for your WiiU? You get it in the form of a spinoff. Did you all really expect a mainline AC game after what has been said in this regard?
But this is stupid. It works great on consoles.

entremet

LOL. Wii U is such a failure its not getting a real Animal Crossing, breaking the 4 generation console streak.

They basically decided to fuck with every franchise.

No AC Wii U : but a somehow average AC Mario Party.
No Metroid game : Metroid Prime co-op spin-off on 3DS.
No Zelda Wii U : Four Swords minus one.

What's next ? :D

I can see the first two, but the third game looks great. It's online "Three Swords"! How is it people are complaining that this exists???

KageZero

I never felt this dissapointed about nintendo like after this e3. Too much focus on amiibos in last time, too much of diffrent amiibos it's just too much. Only 1 new game announced for the wiiu so i guess the platform is now certainly dead..

I hope they are invensting all their power into a new console but... Such a weird felling always thought highly about them but this was really bad

billeh

Maybe the next AC will be a launch title for the NX and feature both a mobile and console version. Maybe they didn't waste all those awesome assets just on Amiibo Party.

web01

So they went to the effort of updating the 3DS version graphics to WiiU standards for this.
Extremely disappointed.

I actually wouldn't mind buying this for my younger sister, she loves everything Animal Crossing related and she digs Mario Party and Wii Party and etc etc

Still, Amiibo being right there in the title probably means I'm not able to get around that shit, so that's a gift idea out the window. Sigh. I was trying to be a grown-up and not sink my cash in plastic figurine crap, but now they might be mandatory to play a video game. Luckily it's not one I'm particularly interested in, but it's still ew

watershed

Banned
It seems like this entire digital event was about not delivering on fan expectations. Metroid turns into a non-Samus 4 player co-op game for the 3ds, Animal Crossing WiiU is a party game...

Top Bottom