• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter has Twitter Meltdown over Delta Seat Assignment

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.

Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat. Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.
It might annoy me.

I wouldn't throw a shitfit like a child.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Whether you disagree with Coulter's politics or not, she's not in the wrong here.

TLDR:

- Coulter books special seat for $30
- Airlines gives it to someone else
- Coulter has a meltdown

Sure, maybe her meltdown is childish but if you pay for a premium seat, you should get that seat. They could of asked her nicely if she wouldn't mind sitting somewhere else because of some family reason, but they didn't.

Its like when I pre-pay for theater seats, show up and someone is sitting in them. I don't care if you're the queen of England, GTFO.

They gave her a seat in the exact same premium row. They didn't downgrade her or give her a middle. Typically the family or an attendant would just ask but if the change causes a minor to be separated then they can hard code that change.

NastyBook

Whether you disagree with Coulter's politics or not, she's not in the wrong here.

TLDR:

- Coulter has a meltdown

Sure, maybe her meltdown is childish but if you pay for a premium seat, you should get that seat. They could of asked her nicely if she wouldn't mind sitting somewhere else because of some family reason, but they didn't.

Its like when I pre-pay for theater seats, show up and someone is sitting in them. I don't care if you're the queen of England, GTFO.
Imagine if this skallywag had an actual taste of true injustice. She'd probably fall into a catatonic state. Don't care if Delta was in the wrong, she deserved to have her privilege checked.

Syriel

This all for a 30$ loss for a preferred seating, over a family situation, and according to normal procedures? She didn't even lose her flight x) And she has the gall to publicly meltdown over this pettiness?

She didn't lose her preferred seating. She stayed in the exact same row. She got the "extra space" seat that she paid for.

I'm not weighing in here, but this isn't true. There's at least a five to ten minute difference depending on where you sit.

Can't argue that point here. She stayed in the same row.

TLDR:

- Coulter has a meltdown

Coulter is wrong because she's not telling the truth about what she paid for.

Delta expressly does not sell specific seats.

Coulter did not pay $30 for seat 15D and she knows it. She paid $30 for a seat with extra legroom, which Delta delivered.

Coulter had her meltdown because the woman who ended up in 15D was brown and the flight attendant who told everyone to take their ticketed seats was black.

Delta.com said:
The airline said that Coulter originally booked seat 15F, which is located by the window in an exit row, however; within 24 hours of the flight's departure, the customer changed to seat 15D, which is by the aisle. At the time of boarding, Delta inadvertently moved Coulter to 15A, a window seat, when working to accommodate several passengers with seating requests.

When there was some confusion with seating assignments during boarding, a flight attendant stepped in and asked that all of the passengers move to the seats noted on their respective tickets. All customers complied and the flight departed without incident. Following the flight, crew members reported that there were no problems or concerns escalated. 

http://news.delta.com/delta-s-respo...s-public-attack-airline-s-employees-customers

Delta delivered what Coulter paid for.

I'd also note Evans' use of the Oxford comma.

Writers everywhere shall rejoice (except AP writers).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
She didn't lose her preferred seating. She stayed in the exact same row. She got the "extra space" seat that she paid for.

Can't argue that point here. She stayed in the same row.

Coulter is wrong because she's not telling the truth about what she paid for.

Delta expressly does not sell specific seats.

Coulter did not pay $30 for seat 15D and she knows it. She paid $30 for a seat with extra legroom, which Delta delivered.

Coulter had her meltdown because the woman who ended up in 15D was brown and the flight attendant who told everyone to take their ticketed seats was black.

http://news.delta.com/delta-s-respo...s-public-attack-airline-s-employees-customers

Delta delivered what Coulter paid for.

Writers everywhere shall rejoice (except AP writers).

Omg dat twist!!!!!

Link

The Autumn Wind

TLDR:

- Coulter has a meltdown

Even if the situation happened the way Coulter said it did (which this thread shows it didn't. Big shock), she'd be one of the first people screaming their heads off about the free market or some other bullshit about liberal privledge. Just look at how she responded to that doctor being dragged off the United flight. Fuck her pathetic ass. She can choke on her hypocrisy.

Top Bottom