• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anonymous Fox News source and Trump: Nothing fishy going on with Kushner

Fergie

Banned
Source? Sounds believable but it's the first I've heard of it.

2frQcm.png

They've been doing it for months. Never works.

Ponn

Banned
They've been doing it for months. Never works.

It's because NYT isn't Infowars or Brietbart who print anything.

This fake news thing still gets me, I don't know to laugh or cry or both its so goddamn ridiculous and blatantly hypocritical of the ones spouting it.

Vic_Viper

I highly doubt that's what is going on here. I would say this is probably less him, and more Fox on continuing damage control.

I was refferring to Trump's Tweets, not that actual article. I assume his team is telling him to continue bashing these "sources" when they arent named to attempt to force them to start naming names. Basically doing his job for him.

I was refferring to Trump's Tweets, not that actual article. I assume his team is telling him to continue bashing these "sources" when they arent named to attempt to force them to start naming names. Basically doing his job for him.

Well, I mean, I doubt that, too lol. I think you give Trump way to much credit for foresight.

Huh? Not sure what you mean, news sources have, in fact, referenced White House officials and White House sources many times.

He is trying to discredit anything that is referencing a "source" in the article. Which is very dumb, but his supporters will buy into. So now media needs to avoid that word... Which is also dumb, but everything is dumb at this point...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks like Melania isn't hold his tiny hand any more and he is back ranting on Twitter.

you know, when russian solution for "leak" is people falling ill on the ground and then coincidentally landing on a knife that result in death, I assume that even the most "honest" source, will think twice or thrice before outing himself...

He is trying to discredit anything that is referencing a "source" in the article. Which is very dumb, but his supporters will buy into. So now media needs to avoid that word... Which is also dumb, but everything is dumb at this point...

I really have no idea what you're trying to say

Fox News is late to the punch here. Administration officials have already been out promoting the fact that Jared kushner did absolutely nothing wrong by promoting the back channel. Now they want to pretend that Russia said this? Can they erase from the internet the past few days?

I haven't looked at the news for a few days. So they actually said "it was okay for him to do that" before today's "he didn't do that"?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's hardly the first time. But coordinating with Fox News is new, if that's what's happening here.

Zolo

I haven't looked at the news for a few days. So they actually said "it was okay for him to do that" before today's "he didn't do that"?

Yeah. I expect they figure more and more evidence will come out, so they have to make it seem like what they've done just isn't that bad.

Trump is trying to discredit the press by discrediting any references to "sources". I'm really not sure what you are confused about.

Because your original post was this

You know what is depressing? 100% of Trump supporters will buy into this insanity! We need media that can play the same insane game that Trump is playing... They should start saying "White House officials".

And I pointed that most media reporting on this have, in fact, used this term and other similar ones in referring to their source. And then you...went somewhere else. So, I'm not sure what your initial point was supposed to be now.

Loxley

I was wondering when they would start this

Same here, surprised it took them this long.

Now, anytime there's new breaking info regarding Trump/Russia, I expect a counter-story on Fox. "Well our sources say that thing everyone is talking about didn't happen, so checkmate librulz."

Chumly

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's hardly the first time. But coordinating with Fox News is new, if that's what's happening here.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...elly-defends-jared-kushner-russia/?source=dam

This has been the administration talking point all weekend. I believe McMaster and Conway said the same thing. "Nobody sees anything wrong with establishing a back channel communication".

They technically don't "confirm" it but they are basically confirming it with those talking points. It's a little late to go back to "he absolutely never proposed that"

RPGCrazied

He only likes sources when it puts him in a good light. And the love he has for Fox News is fucking pathetic.

He literally pulls talking points from Fox & Friends all the time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Except legitimately fake news is called "libel."

More of Trump never able to get his fucking story straight with his cronies as they were all peddling the idea of the back channel being totally ok.

Kudos to Fox News for playing their part in attempting to destroy our democracy though.

Because your original post was this

And I pointed that most media reporting on this have, in fact, used this term and other similar ones in referring to their source. And then you...went somewhere else. So, I'm not sure what your initial point was supposed to be now.

I wasn't actually disagreeing with anything you said. The fact that media sometimes says "white house officials" does not mean that they never say "source". It's depressing that we are even having this conversation because none of this even matters. And I don't even want to imply that they can't say it. I just find it depressing that we ended up here because US president is trying to discredit the media.

LiK

It's really sad how much of a propaganda machine Fox News is. I guess Rupert Murdoch needs to die or retire to let Fox News become impartial. I feel like his sons are actually sane.

RPGCrazied

It's really sad how much of a propaganda machine Fox News is. I guess Rupert Murdoch needs to die or retire to let Fox News become impartial. I feel like his sons are actually sane.

If not for them, Bill O'Reily would still be there.

ICO_SotC

Is it the same source who told them Hillary Clinton was going to be indicted "imminently" a week before the election?

Top Bottom