• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

latest
#corynotinthehouse2020

RPGCrazied

I keep seeing sketchy shit from Booker. Not inspiring confidence for 2020.

Right? If you didn't know you would've thought this guy a Republican. Doesn't think its time to impeach Trump, Jared shouldn't lose his security clearance. Is he in a vulnerable district or something?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yeah this might be the straw that breaks Bookers chances at the Whitehouse. Trump support is going to be the next "did you vote for the war in Iraq" for Dems.

I really hope the other candidates tear him, Zuckerberg, and Gabbard new assholes before the primary progresses too far. Having a Trump bootlicker run against Trump would fuck things up so badly.
Watched clips of Zuckerberg speaking yesterday and I don't think we need to worry about him getting far. So bad.

Yeah this might be the straw that breaks Bookers chances at the Whitehouse. Trump support is going to be the next "did you vote for the war in Iraq" for Dems.

Yep.

I generally like Booker even with some of his shadier dealings, but this is too far. Trump could have been impeached day one. His violation of, and outright disdain of, the emoluments clause is enough. Coupled with his insistence he doesn't need to release his tax returns? There's been a five alarm fire in this admin since day one.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yep.

I generally like Booker even with some of his shadier dealings, but this is too far. Trump could have been impeached day one. His violation of, and outright disdain of, the emoluments clause is enough. Coupled with his insistence he doesn't need to release his tax returns? There's been a five alarm fire in this admin since day one.

I feel the same way about Booker. Definitely a "the longer you look into the abyss the longer it looks into you".

If he had been smarter he would of distanced himself from everything Trump like they are

HotHamBoy

The reason people keep saying Nothing Will Happen is actually twofold:

1) Trump, the White House and his supporters have done everything they can to convince people of that - it's their greatest success.

2) A lot of people still don't understand how these things work, nor do they grasp the glacial pace of bureaucracy.

It's only been 120-some days. Everything that is happening is unprecedented.

KingK

This guy is so going to crash and burn come 2020 if he tries to run for president.

Good. He's also a Wall street shill and has tons of corruption rumors floating around. He's a lot more charismatic than Hillary, but other than that he shares the same flaws in even greater magnitude and with more truth/less conspiracy backing it up. He'd be a terrible, terrible candidate and would likely lead to another 4 years of Trump.

Like someone else said, Booker, Gabbard, and Zuckerberg need to be crushed fast and early if any of them consider running in 2020. They're probably the biggest threats to the Democratic party.

Kamala Harris and Cortez-Masto are still my favorites so far.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Right? If you didn't know you would've thought this guy a Republican. Doesn't think its time to impeach Trump, Jared shouldn't lose his security clearance. Is he in a vulnerable district or something?
He's a senator. He's just shitty.

Bishman

Cory Booker is the establishment. Wall street, Democrat. He won't get far. The people will see that he is a fraud when the primaries start.

Kamala Harris and Cortez-Masto are still my favorites so far.

I like Kamala Harris but she needs to keep building her name and build a coalition now. Bernie Sanders imo is the favorite to win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cory Booker is the establishment. Wall street, Democrat. He won't get far. The people will see that he is a fraud when the primaries start.

He won't go down because he's establishment or Wall Street. Most Dem voters don't care about that stuff. He'll go down because he's a NJ politician and that place is a swamp.

I like Kamala Harris but she needs to keep building her name and build a coalition now. Bernie Sanders imo is the favorite to win.

Not unless he's learned to talk to African-American voters, which he doesn't seem to be learning about.

Opto

Banned
I hate saying this, but I think America is too sexist for a woman president unless she's squeaky clean and hasn't been processed through the GOP smear campaign.

Like, we need a Michelle Obama who isn't Michelle Obama.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can we stop saying this after Bernie? It's about the policies, and the earnestness.

Dude, Bernie-style candidates are getting beaten all over the place. He's not some silver bullet where you can just say, "Run someone like Bernie and you'll do well." Hell, look at Montana. According to respondents he was part of the reason people voted for the GOP candidate.

Kusagari

Dude, Bernie-style candidates are getting beaten all over the place. He's not some silver bullet where you can just say, "Run someone like Bernie and you'll do well." Hell, look at Montana. According to respondents he was part of the reason people voted for the GOP candidate.

And Bernie at least has some kind of charisma and likability to him. Warren has zero charisma and isn't particularly likable. She would suffer from many of the "old woman" problems that plagued Hillary.

It's just the truth.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And Bernie at least has some kind of charisma and likability to him. Warren has zero charisma and isn't particularly likable. She would suffer from many of the "old woman" problems that plagued Hillary.

It's just the truth.

That's not what I was replying to though. I agree with you about Warren.

Real talk, I think Bernie just filled a void left by the fact no one really ran against Clinton in the Dem primary. I think his current popularity numbers are soft and inflated by the fact no one's bothered to say a mean thing about him for his entire career for more than 30 seconds.

KoopaTheCasual

I really like Warren, but yea, Republicans want her to be the front runner because they're very ready to bury her with bullshit spin and vitriol. As someone also pointed out she's staunchly progressive, and won't pull swing peeps.

I really think we're getting Kamara Harris in the White House in 2020, and I'm more than ok with that.

It's just the truth.
I agree at the "old woman" digs, but not likable? Pretty sure she has a strong following and is pretty loved.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Real talk, I think Bernie just filled a void left by the fact no one really ran against Clinton in the Dem primary. I think his current popularity numbers are soft and inflated by the fact no one's bothered to say a mean thing about him for his entire career for more than 30 seconds.
It would certainly be foolish to pretend that that wasn't a significant factor.

It's just the truth.

I agree that Warren has a lot of problems as a national candidate but no charisma? What? Where is this coming from?

She's far more charismatic than Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. She's closer to Joe Biden in both her earnestness and her folksy way of explaining complex issues.

jstripes

Banned
DNC has to have someone squeaky clean for 2020. Honestly, if it wasn't Biden or Franken, I'd like to see another candidate in their 40's who came completey unattached to 2016 fuckery.

Like Obama.

I remember the first time he appeared on the national stage, making a speech at the DNC, political commentators remarked that he was likely a possible future presidential candidate.

Top Bottom