• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Kusagari

I agree that Warren has a lot of problems as a national candidate but no charisma? What? Where is this coming from?

She's far more charismatic than Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. She's closer to Joe Biden in both her earnestness and her folksy way of explaining complex issues.

I don't get that vibe at all when listening to her speak. She comes off exactly like how I would expect considering what she did for years: as a professor.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I've seen Corey on TV a few times. And he's never given a straight answer to anything. He's possibly the worst kind of politician, destroying progressive ambition by pretending to care about any of those things and doing whatever gets him more power.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't get that vibe at all when listening to her speak. She comes off exactly like how I would expect considering what she did for years: as a professor.

Same. That said, I get the same sort of lecturing vibe from Bernie. Like it or not, Warren's gender plays heavily into how she's going to be perceived on the national stage. The first woman president is going to probably wind up being the female equivalent of Obama, ie pretty much the perfect candidate in every way.

ICO_SotC

DNC has to have someone squeaky clean for 2020.

And the VP pick.

And every person in the campaign.

And every person married or related to every person in the campaign.

Until people start going to jail for happened to Clinton, we just have to assume foreign entities sabotaging the Democratic nominee on behalf of Trump is going to be the norm now, and we have to prepare for it.

Same. That said, I get the same sort of lecturing vibe from Bernie. Like it or not, Warren's gender plays heavily into how she's going to be perceived on the national stage. The first woman president is going to probably wind up being the female equivalent of Obama, ie pretty much the perfect candidate in every way.

Or its a perfect chance for the US to ride on something else GOP will dig up on another female candidate. Although Hilary probably may have won if she actually visited every state.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Or its a perfect chance for the US to ride on something else GOP will dig up on another female candidate. Although Hilary probably may have won if she actually visited every state.

Can we cut that shit out? She damn near lived in Pennsylvania in the last two weeks and still lost the state. If we can't be honest about what happened then the same shit will just happen again.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Al Franken is the only pick that makes sense.
For the people, smart, funny, white, male, not Bernie, no strong Obama links.

DNC has to have someone squeaky clean for 2020. Honestly, if it wasn't Biden or Franken, I'd like to see another candidate in their 40's who came completey unattached to 2016 fuckery.

Here's your guy - Eric Garcetti - with his wife:

LA-Mayor_Horo.jpg

Tarydax

Banned
I agree that Warren has a lot of problems as a national candidate but no charisma? What? Where is this coming from?

She's far more charismatic than Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. She's closer to Joe Biden in both her earnestness and her folksy way of explaining complex issues.

I love Warren, but even I have to admit that she's one of the least charismatic candidates the Dems could run with. She's a huge nerd like Al Gore, John Kerry, and Hillary Clinton were. With the exception of HW Bush, nerds haven't won presidential elections in modern America. And folksy is probably the absolute last word I would use to describe Warren. She's like a college professor. I like that about her, but most people probably don't.

Al Franken is the only pick that makes sense.
For the people, smart, white, male, not Bernie, no strong Obama links.

I've always gotten the impression that he genuinely doesn't want to be president, which is a shame. He'd be great at it.

I'd be happy to be wrong.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DNC has to have someone squeaky clean for 2020. Honestly, if it wasn't Biden or Franken, I'd like to see another candidate in their 40's who came completey unattached to 2016 fuckery.

The truth doesn't actually matter. Isn't that what we learned in 2016? Clinton actually was clean but that didn't stop people from assuming she was running a child prostitution ring out of a pizzeria.

Kaiterra

Banned
I love Warren, but even I have to admit that she's one of the least charismatic candidates the Dems could run with. She's a huge nerd like Al Gore, John Kerry, and Hillary Clinton were. With the exception of HW Bush, nerds haven't won presidential elections in modern America. And folksy is probably the absolute last word I would use to describe Warren. She's like a college professor. I like that about her, but most people probably don't.

The 2016 election was exactly like one of those Nerd vs. Blowhard Jock Class President elections you'd see in a sitcom or a movie, only the ending was all fucked. Ugh.

ElFly

Can we cut that shit out? She damn near lived in Pennsylvania in the last two weeks and still lost the state. If we can't be honest about what happened then the same shit will just happen again.

And as NBC News reported, during the final 100 days of the election, Trump made 133 visits to Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Michigan and Wisconsin while Clinton made 87.

let's not cut the truth out

e: source

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...0-percent-key-battlegrounds-final-100-n683116

KingV

The receipts don't check out.

https://hillaryspeeches.com/speech-archive/2016-2/october-2016/

I see Hillary there on October 22, in Philly and Pittsburgh, and that's it for the month (which is also outside of the two week window).

As far as I can tell she did not touch foot in PA again until Nov 4th and then 2x events on November 7. All but one of those 5 events since october 22nd were in Philly or Pittsburgh.

I can get behind Kamala Harris. Fuck Cory Booker. Never liked him.

Dude, Bernie-style candidates are getting beaten all over the place. He's not some silver bullet where you can just say, "Run someone like Bernie and you'll do well." Hell, look at Montana. According to respondents he was part of the reason people voted for the GOP candidate.

I mean, it's Montana. He's not Jesus.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can get behind Kamala Harris. Fuck Cory Booker. Never liked him.

I mean, it's Montana. He's not Jesus.

I just don't get the Kamala Harris love. She has yet to show that she'd be anywhere near a quality candidate for president.

RaidenZR

Oh hey guys McCain doesn't like it! Not one bit!

No Spine McCain said:
"I don't like it," the Republican lawmaker said Monday in an interview with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "7:30" when asked about President Donald Trump's son-in-law's possible ties to Russia.

"I know that some administration officials are saying 'well, that's standard procedure.' I don't think it's standard procedure prior to the inauguration of the president of the United States by someone who is not in an appointed position. And I think that (former FBI Director James) Comey we now know took action that he did in regards to then-candidate (Hillary) Clinton because of some false news that was being put out by the Russians. I mean, this becomes more and more bizarre. In fact, you can't make it up."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/29/politics/john-mccain-jared-kushner-russia-putin-isis/index.html

Hey news outlets: Stop giving a fuck about what comments he burps out. They aren't worth a damn thing.

Top Bottom