• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ariana Grande (hugely famous musician) joins the battle in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

LordKasual

Banned
The growing pains of progression

The flowing tears of nostalgia

The salty bitterness of aging

All very much present in this thread. I'm happy Square Enix at least doesn't artificially barrier themselves as a company, and is willing to reach out to crowds like this despite their niche appeal.

Isn't Stand By Me the song that plays at the beginning when they're pushing the car?

It was used in the beginning - not the full song though, but in Square's defense, everything about Final Fantasy XV was poorly managed.

I do hope they do a better job promoting with this partnership. It's not everyday you get someone this popular involved with a game.

F+TM sang a cover of Ben E. King's "Stand By Me" which is used in the game, but the band also wrote two original songs, "Too Much Is Never Enough" and "I Will Be", which are unused.

It's especially sad because the lyrics of "Too Much Is Never Enough" explicitly mention the character Luna from the game (whereas Stand By Me, although it's a great song, was obviously not written for FFXV).

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Neckbeards don't know who Arianna Grande is while maladjusted manchildren are downright livid that she would soil their precious? Seems about right. Carry on GAF.

For what it's worth. I think her character is cool and fits in the game nicely.

Arkeband

Banned
Neckbeards don't know who Arianna Grande is while maladjusted manchildren are downright livid that she would soil their precious? Seems about right. Carry on GAF.

For what it's worth. I think her character is cool and fits in the game nicely.

What are your standards for what would fit into the game "nicely"? Have you thought about what would be "too far"?

Please speak at length, neckbeards and maladjusted manchildren need your sage wisdom.

DJChuy

F+TM sang a cover of Ben E. King's "Stand By Me" which is used in the game, but the band also wrote two original songs, "Too Much Is Never Enough" and "I Will Be", which are unused.

It's especially sad because the lyrics of "Too Much Is Never Enough" explicitly mention the character Luna from the game (whereas Stand By Me, although it's a great song, was obviously not written for FFXV).

Damn, had no idea they contributed that much for the game. It's a shame though since I do like them.

Goddamn this is still going???? Are people still hating on a pop star being a character in a mobile final fantasy game?

Where the fuck was the outrage for TOP RAMEN? Or Coleman? Or Audi? In a MAINLINE FINAL FANTASY GAME.

Good God, if this thread didn't exist half of y'all wouldn't even notice.

I can't speak to the rest or for everyone at all, but from what I heard with the top ramen, it was because it was so silly and ridiculous with how they integrated it that most people found it fun.
Not that I even have an opinion on a pop idol being in the game, barely knew who she was in the first place.

botty

Banned
Video Game Icon Ariana Grande posted a new screenshot from the game.

C1cOtZZUoAAjnEG.jpg

BajiBoxer

Banned
What are your standards for what would fit into the game "nicely"? Have you thought about what would be "too far"?

Please speak at length, neckbeards and maladjusted manchildren need your sage wisdom.

She's got a cute young look, and wears sexy bunny outfits. And as someone pointed out, she already looks like one of the characters from the game :p

FireVoa

Compared with Final Fantasy Record Keeper or Mobiud is Brave Exvius even as popular as those? Feels like this promotion would benefit their most popular mobile game and most people I know who tried Exvius dropped it.

Vamphuntr

Compared with Final Fantasy Record Keeper or Mobiud is Brave Exvius even as popular as those? Feels like this promotion would benefit their most popular mobile game and most people I know who tried Exvius dropped it.

Global version has an event this month for 9 millions players achieved. This is not counting Japan. So it's much more popular than XV.

Damerman

Timeout

I can handle ignorant ass people not knowing who Ariana Grande is, people decide to be ignorant and holier than thou in regards to pop culture because...I don't know nerds gotta feel good about something.

But slander about King Kendrick and Frank Ocean? Nah son

same, i'm not here for this shit. blond is boring? what the fuck?

Damerman

Just for reference sake, I'm old as fuck, don't listen to pop music, I listen to sports talk radio or the metal station here, don't have Spotify, nor did I watch Nikelodeon after like the Salute Your Shorts era. I don't have kids. I don't watch much TV.

Even I know who Ariana Grande is.

GAWD

It's funny to me when I see so many early posts in this thread from people who evidently have no clue who Ariana Grande is and nor have they ever heard of her, while I was sitting here wondering what the fuck "Final Fantasy Brave Exvius" is. Consider my NeoGAF credentials knocked down a few pegs.

Ivan 3414

The growing pains of progression

The flowing tears of nostalgia

The salty bitterness of aging

All very much present in this thread. I'm happy Square Enix at least doesn't artificially barrier themselves as a company, and is willing to reach out to crowds like this despite their niche appeal.

lol

antibolo

Banned
Goddamn this is still going???? Are people still hating on a pop star being a character in a mobile final fantasy game?

Where the fuck was the outrage for TOP RAMEN? Or Coleman? Or Audi? In a MAINLINE FINAL FANTASY GAME.

Good God, if this thread didn't exist half of y'all wouldn't even notice.

Ramen is cooler than a pop singer.

Top Bottom