• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ariana Grande (hugely famous musician) joins the battle in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Ran rp

i honestly didn't know she was that popular though. i haven't heard of her since that big sean thing and the occasional mention in mariah threads.

Zomba13

There are these things called YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

And its never been easier to ignore pop-culture. Don't like what they play on the radio? Listen to your MP3s on your phone or computer/laptop. Don't like what is shown on TV? Pay for something like Netflix and just stream what you like or what looks good. Don't care about super important mega popstar who is totally hyper relevant to everyone ever? Don't follow them on social media and instead follow the people you like and care about.

It's not like it was before where it always leaks in thanks to TV and radio and magazines, where even when you are on the stations/magazines you like and are relevant to your interests adverts and talk about other famous people pop up.

I will say it is also hard to ignore these people becuase I spend most of my time online on NeoGAF (outside of using sites to stream video/music or looking up specific things) and I know who most pop culture people are thanks to all the OT topics about them but I still haven't heard a song by Ariana Grande or Azelia Banks and the Only Drake song I've heard (I think) has been Hotline Bling because the music video became a meme.

It's super easy to ignore stuff you don't care about now that TV, radio and print media are less relevant to peoples everyday lives. At best you see an advert online in some capacity about some pop star that you might not even see if you use Ad-blockers.

Zomba13

Let me guess, this is 22 pages of level-headed Final Fantasy fans having a polite, productive discussion?

11 pages of "Who? olololololololo" and 11 pages of "OMFG YAAAS QUEEN HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW OMG TRYHARD EDGY?"

Maybe half a page of "oh neat, the character looks cool."

joe2187

Banned
I only use my phone to browse GAF.

I have an instagram with like 2 photos

I dont know what snapchat is

I havent updated my facebook in like three years

I went to coachella and only knew like 5 of the artists playing and two of them were Snoop Dog and Ice Cube

I fell asleep at the Sia concert.

Im 29

forgive my ignorance for not knowing who Ariana Grande is.

Cuburt

4zjkM3A.png

Sprites look cute. Look for an increase in bunny masks sales in Japan.

I like her Bravely Default costume.

"Love In The Crossfire!"

NolbertoS

Man this thread went from Whooo, to "You don't know who Ariana Grande is??" to now comparing Ariana to a young teen character from a niche JRPGs. I thought I've seen it all on GAF

I've never heard of her songs but I've heard her name in the OT and outside of GAF plenty of times to know she must be a big deal in the music world.

Kusagari

My question to you is why? Isn't she in her early 20's yet still looks like she's 14?!?!

I hate when people say this shit about adult women that look young.

So you consider Mac Miller and Big Sean pedophiles for dating her? Should she not be able to date anyone?

DJChuy

This is very surprising, and what's more surprising is that half of GAF don't know who Ariana Grande is. She's had a lot of hits for the past few years and still going. It's good to know I'm still hip.

Anyways nice job of Square to get someone revelant and highly popular to be a part of the game, but who knows how much it'll help. Square should get Taylor Swift or Adele for FFXVI.

Anyways nice job of Square to get someone revelant and highly popular to be a part of the game, but who knows how much it'll help. Square should get Taylor Swift or Adele for FFXVI.

They got fucking Florence + the Machine to write and perform two songs for FFXV, and then they didn't use these songs in the game lmao

thisissquareenix.gif

DJChuy

They got fucking Florence + the Machine to write and perform two songs for FFXV, and then they didn't use these songs in the game lmao

thisissquareenix.gif

It was used in the beginning - not the full song though, but in Square's defense, everything about Final Fantasy XV was poorly managed.

I do hope they do a better job promoting with this partnership. It's not everyday you get someone this popular involved with a game.

LordKasual

Banned
I repeat, yall are creepy. Then folks wonder why people think certain stuff isn't inclusive to everyone

????

I think everyone can say adding a popular celebrity to the game makes it more inclusive. That's the reason they're adding her into the game.

If you don't know her, it's another dumb silly concept unit that's probably really good so who cares anyway. If yo do know her, oh wow sick, i got Ariana Grande

mAcOdIn

I hate when people say this shit about adult women that look young.

So you consider Mac Miller and Big Sean pedophiles for dating her? Should she not be able to date anyone?
Ehhh, my thing with her's more like her outward image. Take her Jimmy Fallon appearance, she comes out in a cute denim skirt, is asked who her first celebrity crush is and was peddling a perfume that smells like candy. It's not that, from what I've seen, she's out there portraying herself as a mature young woman who just happens to look younger than her age, looking and acting young is her thing. But the whole machine's in on it, she got a perfume company to make her a perfume called candy, I doubt Jimmy Fallon asks other 24 year olds their first crush.

So as a casual observer it is somewhat creepy. I'm sure if I was a true fan and watched candid interviews with her or kept up with unscripted unpromotional(?) things I'd have a different image of her, but, while I find it odd that someone may not know of her I think it doubly odd that one should be expected to know the real her from the fake her if that makes any sense.

But, no hate, if I could pull off looking younger I'd probably do it too!

Phreaker

Well, at least a few hundred more people know who she is now.

Really, did people not hear about the donut licking story? Maybe I live in a Pop bubble.

LionPride

Banned
????

I think everyone can say adding a popular celebrity to the game makes it more inclusive. That's the reason they're adding her into the game.

If you don't know her, it's another dumb silly concept unit that's probably really good so who cares anyway. If yo do know her, oh wow sick, i got Ariana Grande
You don't understand how in a topic about this inclusion, people saying they masturbate about AG and people wanting more pics of her bent over is weird and creepy? Aight.

Bladenic

I only use my phone to browse GAF.

I have an instagram with like 2 photos

I dont know what snapchat is

I havent updated my facebook in like three years

I went to coachella and only knew like 5 of the artists playing and two of them were Snoop Dog and Ice Cube

I fell asleep at the Sia concert.

Im 29

forgive my ignorance for not knowing who Ariana Grande is.

Boy you sound so fun IRL. Lmao

And GAF ruined that stupid "who?" gif. Can y'all find new shit to drive into the ground in record time instead of the same old ass gif?

Goddamn this is still going???? Are people still hating on a pop star being a character in a mobile final fantasy game?

Where the fuck was the outrage for TOP RAMEN? Or Coleman? Or Audi? In a MAINLINE FINAL FANTASY GAME.

Good God, if this thread didn't exist half of y'all wouldn't even notice.

Top Bottom