• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ariana Grande (hugely famous musician) joins the battle in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Ran rp

This thread is funny.

But for those who legitimately don't know who she is, the woman can actually sing.

She fucking killed it on SNL for example: https://youtu.be/j7uBph38kXo

The Whitney Houston part... whew...

Waiting for someone here to ask me who were all the people she was impersonating

ZRrWVyQ.png
ZRrWVyQ.png
ZRrWVyQ.png

At least it's not Run the Jewels. I don't listen to Ariana Grande but her design looks like a Final Fantasy characters. Run the Jewels in Gears is just the worst. That being said, they should fans in the game, not famous fans.

What exactly is wrong with Run The Jewels, aside from personally taste? Because they're a consistently good rap group that has 3 critically acclaimed albums.

Village

At least it's not Run the Jewels. I don't listen to Ariana Grande but her design looks like a Final Fantasy characters. Run the Jewels in Gears is just the worst. That being said, they should fans in the game, not famous fans.

What the hell is wrong with run the jewls?

Flambe

You, and many others, keep avoiding the "you should have just googled it" argument.

Can only speak for myself. I addressed what I thought of the news, my lack of knowledge of her was incidental and I was surprised people couldn't believe others hadn't heard of a celeb.

I hadnt done a drive-bye 'who' post and honestly Google/wiki didn't illuminate her any further for me other than oh she was on a Disney show I remember GAF going crazy for years ago :p

They obviously don't match the tone of the game. And I hate when I have to hear music from those rap cars.

Honestly, if there was any game where a group like Run The Jewels would fit into, it would be the Gears franchise. I don't think that is such a huge issue.

And isn't the Run The Jewels thing an extra DLC pack you have to buy? It's not like anyone is forcing you to get it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For once I actually know who the person is (although I couldn't mention a song of hers) but not the game! Some mobile thing?

reKon

Banned
Honestly, if there was any game where a group like Run The Jewels would fit into, it would be the Gears franchise. I don't think that is such a huge issue.

And isn't the Run The Jewels thing an extra DLC pack you have to buy? It's not like anyone is forcing you to get it.

I was joking/being sarcastic. I thought the "rap cars" would give me away, but I think that it's only people who frequent the off-topic portion of GAF who will understand that reference.

Pachimari

I love Ariana Grande, and seeing that Final Fantasy is currently my favorite franchise I am pretty thrilled about this.

When is she gonna be available?

I tried the game out because of this inclusion.

It's really quite extraordinary how well the dialogue is written in comparison to the last ten years of Final Fantasy games. It easily sits at the top.

...what? You must be playing a different game. The game has some moments, but writing itself is atrocious.

Also FF14 would like to say hi.

SeanTSC

I tried the game out because of this inclusion.

It's really quite extraordinary how well the dialogue is written in comparison to the last ten years of Final Fantasy games. It easily sits at the top.

Joke post, right? Joke post.

Much of the writing is in FFBE is gross and sounds written by a teenage intern, especially with how much Rain wants to fuck Espers and anything else that may be female. And Jake is like someone went to tvtropes.com to learn how to write a character.

dlauv

...what? You must be playing a different game. The writing is atrocious.

I can't judge Exvius' writing in its entirety, as I've only put a couple of hours into it; however, the most important factor so far is that as far as dialogue is concerned, it doesn't read like the Engrish word salads in 13, Type-0, and 15. If anything, it so-far suffers from being simplistic and anime tropey, but that's still better than the former.

I'm 40+ hours into 14. The dialogue is actually good but far too loquacious for ultimately very simplistic communication. In other words, the localization is good, but it's a bit tedious.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Lol, I know. You can't walk out the door without hearing her.but it looks like some people are legitimately confused.

If you never listen to radio or watch music TV channels you sure can. I'm sure I've maybe heard her in a store or something at some point, but I wouldn't know. Where else would I accidentally hear her? It's not like pop music just spontaneously starts playing when I walk out my door.

(I do recognize the name, but that's about it.)

Never heard of her in my life. Please enlighten me, PopGAF

This has got to be a meme. It is OK to know who she is. You do not have to confess to having listened to one of her songs by accident. It is OK.

So strange how many are so specific about the capacity in which they know of her. ('I know who she is BUT i swear I never listened to one of her songs gaf!')

So weird.

we're shitting on Run the Jewels now?

I can't

come on gaf

She is the hottest female pop artist right now all over the world, how dare you not know her?!

You don't even have to know her. That's fine (though bit strange if you're young and living in a western country or Japan).

But there is literally no reason to ever post "who?" in one of these threads other than to be like "hey guys, look how cool I am by not knowing this famous person!" It happens every time there is a thread like this. It's just obnoxious.

I think every browser now lets you automatically google/bing search text you highlight now (through the right click menu), so you don't even have to manually type their names in!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If this happened on a mainline FF that would be my last day as a FF fan. The marketing team of SE scares me...
Lol okay... cute girl dressed as bunny is more FF than the current boy band road patrol.

This thread is funny.

But for those who legitimately don't know who she is, the woman can actually sing.

She fucking killed it on SNL for example: https://youtu.be/j7uBph38kXo

The Whitney Houston part... whew...

Waiting for someone here to ask me who were all the people she was impersonating

none of those artists she impersonated have done a song for a kingdom hearts game though so are they REALLY that popular

Kamina

Golden Boy
You don't even have to know her. That's fine (though bit strange if you're young and living in a western country or Japan).

But there is literally no reason to ever post "who?" in one of these threads other than to be like "hey guys, look how cool I am by not knowing this famous person!" It happens every time there is a thread like this. It's just obnoxious.

I think every browser now lets you automatically google/bing search text you highlight now (through the right click menu), so you don't even have to manually type their names in!
I absolutely agree.

Galang

Banned
This thread is nowhere near as messy as I was expecting.. That being said I think this is super cool! I'll have to check out this game now

SeanTSC

I can't judge Exvius' writing in its entirety, as I've only put a couple of hours into it; however, the most important factor so far is that as far as dialogue is concerned, it doesn't read like the Engrish word salads in 13, Type-0, and 15. If anything, it so-far suffers from being simplistic and anime tropey, but that's still better than the former.

I'm 40+ hours into 14. The dialogue is actually good but far too loquacious for ultimately very simplistic communication. In other words, the localization is good, but it's a bit tedious.

Like, I love much of the storylines, plot, and the world's "lore" that they put into FF14, but...

But man, the way that characters speak really takes me out of the world a lot of the time. It can be a real chore to get through. I find it REALLY obnoxious. We do not need middle-english? I don't know what to call it (been a long time), but we do not need it in this game or games in general.

YAS QUEEN needs to die in a fire.

I love Broad City as much as the next person, and IN THAT SHOW, I liked it. But I fucking hate how it's permeated meme culture.

Thank you for making me feel sane for also hating that phrase. Good lord. The show is great but that phrase... Whew boy.

you know how I know like 3/4 of the people on gaming side are ignorant middle aged guys who takes pride in not knowing basic pop culture past 1990

I'm a 36 year old dad of 2 kids, and I love Ariana Grande. The woman has musical talent and she's got some decent comedic chops.

Gaming GAF is a sad old dinosaur sometimes.

dlauv

Like, I love much of the storylines, plot, and the world's "lore" that they put into FF14, but...

But man, the way that characters speak really takes me out of the world a lot of the time. It can be a real chore to get through. I find it REALLY obnoxious. We do not need middle-english? I don't know what to call it (been a long time), but we do not need it in this game or games in general.

Exactly. Too much seasoning on that dish.

To answer your question, Middle English is almost an entirely different language. Like. But 14 does go heavy on written dialect and antiquated English. You can talk to two different quest givers in the same area and they'll spout paragraphs of entirely different dialects. And they're just fetch quests anyway.

I'm a 36 year old dad of 2 kids, and I love Ariana Grande. The woman has musical talent and she's got some decent comedic chops.

Gaming GAF is a sad old dinosaur sometimes.
I lost faith in gaming side after seeing a dude literally say "why are they playing rap music at the game awards this isn't BET" like the song wasn't actually the number one hit song of the year

Dusty ass

As someone who plays the game..I am not "excited" about her being in it but it's a big whatever. If it gets people to play then fine do what you need to do. Game is great. (I fucking hate mobile games....generally)

I lost faith in gaming side after seeing a dude literally say "why are they playing rap music at the game awards this isn't BET" like the song wasn't actually the number one hit song of the year

Dusty ass

It was?

D:

Disclaimer: I'm not American so I'm not aware of the musical trends in your country. But if I were I'd probably don't know about them either since I don't understand what is popular in my own country either.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Too bad the entire game falls apart when you realize it's just all bait and no pay off.

It's almost as if the story hasn't finished...

...what? You must be playing a different game. The game has some moments, but writing itself is atrocious.

tumblr_oiv6hdy3c31qi07vdo1_1280.jpg

The writing is plenty charming and well done, I think.

Joke post, right? Joke post.

Much of the writing is in FFBE is gross and sounds written by a teenage intern, especially with how much Rain wants to fuck Espers and anything else that may be female. And Jake is like someone went to tvtropes.com to learn how to write a character.

ARJkjkI.jpg

Top Bottom