• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkansas erects Ten Commandments monument at State Capitol; man destroys it with car

Haha this is great.

That mug shot:
michaelreedmug_1498655699669_9922527_ver1.0.jpg
More like smugshot.

see5harp

Maybe God wanted this to happen.

"Ugh, c'mon guys. You don't need that thing, I don't even like it... All right, you car guy, I choose you. Use Car Crash!"

This is actually a test that God is putting us through to test our faith.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Haha yeah I wondered if this would make it to GAF. I live 30 minutes away from this.

The state legislator who fought for this, Jason Rapert, is like a cartoon about dumb Arkansans

There's an effort to name the Conway sewage treatment tanks after him--put his name on the side & everything. I'm strongly for, obviously

Best parts are that A) he has done this before, and B), this was not political, he just really likes smashing Ten Commandment statues (and also he's nuts).

Loxley

I'm not going to condemn the guy for destroying it, but reading the article - he does seem to be dangerously unhinged.

In 2015, Tulsa World reported that Reed stated his psychotic break was inspired by a Dracula film and that Michael Jackson's spirit was living inside meat. He also believed he was "the incarnation of an occult leader" and attempted to contact "Lucifer's high priestess he called Gwyneth Paltrow."

PSqueak

Banned
What always baffle me about threads like this is people criticisim "god" instead of the failure of American citizens of upholding "separation of church and state", why the hell was that monument allowed in the first place? why do your dollars say "in god we trust"? what the hell?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I don't always believe in god...but I do believe he must have a sense of humor.

cr0w

Old Member
Looked through this guy's FB page, man....he's definitely something. He's all about the Lord and seems to be a pretty deeply religious whackjob. Wouldn't expect him to have a problem with the commandments, but who knows what's going through his mind.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I'm all for removing it legally, but I am also 100% OK with this. It's all they deserve.

If you're going to say "fuck you" to separation of church and state and wasting taxpayer money, don't be surprised when some loony says "fuck you" back.

Veal

Haha yeah I wondered if this would make it to GAF. I live 30 minutes away from this.

The state legislator who fought for this, Jason Rapert, is like a cartoon about dumb Arkansans

There's an effort to name the Conway sewage treatment tanks after him--put his name on the side & everything. I'm strongly for, obviously
This should happen. Fuck Rapert.

And the Lord say-ith: "Even I'm okay with separation of church and state. C'mon, you backwards dupes, stop being stupid and stop gettin' your panties up in knots."

zeemumu

Ramming cars into religious stuff probably isn't the best idea. I don't care how big GAF's "lol religion" boner is.

Not

Banned
America, I can't quit you.

Ramming cars into religious stuff probably isn't the best idea. I don't care how big GAF's "lol religion" boner is.

Ramming cars into anything isn't the best idea. Doesn't mean it can't be funny.

Erecting monuments to a particular religion on government property probably isn't the best idea. I don't care how big Christian America's "lol liberals" boner is.

Top Bottom