• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (Vita) revealed in Game Informer, [Large Update In OP]

Epcott

The scans look sweet. I hope they're not bullshots.

I applaud Ubi for taking a risk with the main character's race and the freed slave mentor angle, you don't see many developers taking a risk. I just hope its handled in a way that doesn't come off preachy or too subdued.

I never understood why people are so quick to judge the Vita and its games. The 3DS was released in March 2011 and it floundered a good 5 months until it started doing well after a price drop. Some would argue that it wasn't until November (SM3DL) that it got its killer app. Here comes the Vita and since its second month, people have been complaining about Vita's lineup to this day, and it hasn't even been 4 months yet since its release.

Well anyways, I can't wait to see this game in action, and what else E3 has in store.
Edit: And I hope TTP was right about MGS5 coming to the Vita, I would go insane if true.

Equus Bellator Apex

The scans look sweet. I hope they're not bullshots.

I applaud Ubi for taking a risk with the main character's race and the freed slave mentor angle, you don't see many developers taking a risk. I just hope its handled in a way that doesn't come off preachy or too subdued.

I'm sorry, but this isn't a risk.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I thought Assassin's Creed on PSP was a pretty good effort considering the hardware. One of the few PSP games I played to completion, it at least did deliver the thrill of assassinating a target.

I think those pics of AC Vita are bullshots, but at the same time I'm sure the Vita could deliver something pretty close. Getting more and more excited about Vita.

theBishop

Banned
I'm not seeing anything about Rockstar in that link? Edit: nvm, didn't see the next page

But just give me San Andreas Stories and I'll be happy :|

I think Red Dead Stories is far more likely.

Look at the difference between GTA3's Liberty City and GTA4's Liberty City. San Andreas would require a comparable development effort.

Did I miss reading it or did they say who is developing it?

The second I see anyone close to Assassin's Creed PSP, I am bailing out, but for now I am cautiously excited.

Thoraxes

I'll buy as long as the pricing stays normal, i.e. not $50.

Also you know, if it plays like a real asscreed game and gives some relevance to the main story somehow.

Kaizer

Banned
Sounds good, will definitely have a Vita by the it comes out. Lets just hope its good and not like the shitty PSP game.

Xpliskin

I guess no one wants to save bullets for the conferences ?

Maybe there's so much it's a good idea to spread the reveals around ?

PowderedToast

a black female protagonist with an anti-slavery stance? i'm interested to see how ubisoft handle that particular issue, just wish i didn't have to drop so much to find out.

Munin

Give the devs a chance, everyone's gotta start somewhere. At least they're not being put in charge of the sequel of GAF's favourite series or whatever.

Equus Bellator Apex

A female half black/french assassin protagonist is not a risk? What am I thinking, there's plenty of games with biracial women as the lead. My mistake.

I don't see why that's risky? The only reason why people would think this is risky is because they underestimate the audience. Not all gamers are white males. Honestly it would be risky not to have some token black character during this time period.

Other than Rochelle in L4D2, and Sheva from RE5, I can't think of any black female leads in gaming.

L4D2 takes place in Georgia and RE5 takes place in Africa it wouldn't make sense if there wasn't a black protagonist. The same applies to this game since it takes place in New Orleans. I'm grateful that this isn't another bald dudebro, but let's put this in it's proper context. This is a side story. If Desmond had a black ansestor than I would be impressed.
I hope they don't give us a cartoon version of native american life during these times.

With all that said. I'll support this game.

george_us

The screens of her standing on the rooftop aren't real time are they?

If so then holy shit.

New Orleans setting and character already sound more interesting than AC3 to me.

theBishop

Banned
Cautiously optimistic about a new portable AC game. The last few were just terrible but I'm hoping this can play more like the console games since it's on the Vita. I wonder if we'll get some PS3/Vita crossover between the main game and this one.

Did you try the multiplayer much? It's one of the most original online games I've played this generation.

The article says Liberation will be tailored to the platform, but I hope they don't deviate too much from the hide-and-kill dynamic found in the console games.

Ponn

Banned
They should have something to do with voodoo or voodoo dolls in the gameplay using the touchscreens.

teraMEL0S

This sounds completely awesome. I have been dying for them to do a female assassin. Nice to see a product like this for the Vita.

Epcott

I don't see why that's risky? The only reason why people would think this is risky is because they underestimate the audience. Not all gamers are white males. Honestly it would be risky not to have some token black character during this time period.

It's risky because most developers don't often stray from the tastes of the presumably "white male" dominant audience. If this were not risky, we would have seen more diversity in the past.

Where did he say this?

The legendary rumor thread.
The other rumors more or less came true, so I hope we'll see it at E3 (or TGS).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's stupid to release two different games of the same brand on the same day. There is a limited amount of money people are willing to pay on the same brand at once. Should release this a few months after ACIII IMO.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
AS's first female assassin and she's Afro-American. I'm impressed UBI. This brings the total number of black female video game protagonist up to what now, five? If the game turns out great, this is the sort of game I would buy a Vita for after a price cut.

If it does end up being a great addition to the franchise, not unlike the PSP GTA and MGS games were, the hard part will be keeping it off of the home consoles if it doesn't meet its sales target. The dangerous thing about making console level games on a handheld is recouping your development costs. I can imagine a game like this being an easy and tempting port to PS360 in the interim for UBI.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's stupid to release two different games of the same brand on the same day. There is a limited amount of money people are willing to pay on the same brand at once. Should release this a few months after ACIII IMO.

I imagine their goal is to have the game sold in a lot of Vita holiday bundles.

Top Bottom