• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (Vita) revealed in Game Informer, [Large Update In OP]

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
It's stupid to release two different games of the same brand on the same day. There is a limited amount of money people are willing to pay on the same brand at once. Should release this a few months after ACIII IMO.

didn't they do it with METROID PRIME and METROID FUSION? those sold okay, iirc. the world didn't implode at least, and AC is a much more popular franchise than metroid, so this should be dandy.

Drakeon

How will I decide which ACIII to play on october 30th?! This news made my day, since ACIII is my most anticipated title of the fall (at least, thats been announced).

B.O.O.M

How will I decide which ACIII to play on october 30th?! This news made my day, since ACIII is my most anticipated title of the fall (at least, thats been announced).

Well look at it this way, no matter which you pick up, you will have more of the AC goodness to look forward to the moment you finish the game. Given how there is a new MC and a new setting, the game will feel fresh as well!

Regarding the both games releasing on the same day, this is a great opportunity to set a precedent of Limited Editions bundling the Vita version in with the Console version along with all the other little perks. Also it doesn't hurt that one ad campaign can be used to promote both games and bundle if that is the way they go. -

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Picking both up, playing ACIII at home, and when I am out, continuing the awesomeness on the Vita.

Never stop playing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Regarding the both games releasing on the same day, this is a great opportunity to set a precedent of Limited Editions bundling the Vita version in with the Console version along with all the other little perks. Also it doesn't hurt that one ad campaign can be used to promote both games and bundle if that is the way they go. -

Was thinking the same thing. There is already precedent with Ubisoft/Sony bundling in AC1 with Revelations. The collectors editions for AC3 hasn't been announced for the US yet. Showing AC3 on the PS3, then the Vita game and then announcing that the two come together in a CE would be a way to knock it out of the park.

Drakeon

I've been an AC on Xbox man myself, but if I could get both at a discount, theres no question I'd go PS3 for my AC III.

KillGore

Yeah, as a black guy, it's been really cool to see more black leads in games, like Emmett from Starhawk, the main guy from Prototype 2, this new woman from AC3: Lib.

I can't think of a single main character that is hispanic. Especially not in big budget games (though I could be wrong)

feelsbadman.jpg

Looking great and I'm glad that finally VITA is going to get a AAA game. The girl looks a little like a pirate or it's just me?.

Aveline's design does look implausibly modern, but not really more so than Connor's. Not particularly sexualized at all, thankfully.

KillGore

Games only will do nothing,they need a price cut.

I'm not sure if they can afford a price cut, but maybe. Maybe they could do a price cut on memory sticks? though I guess a console price cut would be better since it seems they earn more money on the memory cards. If they don't do a price cut, they would do bundles.

slade

Damn, now I gotta get Brotherhood and Revelations and probably AC3 as well. Wasn't much of a fan of Ass Creed 1 or 2 but I'll reward Ubisoft for supporting the Vita.

shink

This sounds pretty cool to be. I'm glad they are trying to take advantage of some of the Vita's unique features.

Looks nice, unfortunately it being a Vita game kills it for me. I'm done with buying systems for one or two games, and probably done full stop with portable systems.

You guys have fun, I'll catch up later on Youtube.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I can't think of a single main character that is hispanic. Especially not in big budget games (though I could be wrong)

feelsbadman.jpg

I could be wrong, but I thought the main character in Just Cause 2 was hispanic?

That game always seemed big budget (I should probably buy it while it's $15 for PS Plus members. I loved the demo, and heard the rest of the game is just as awesome).

Jackie Estacado from the Darkness games is also of Italian and Spanish ancestry.

theBishop

Banned

feelsbadman.jpg

LuisFernandoLopez-Artwork3.jpg

?

KillGore

I could be wrong, but I thought the main character in Just Cause 2 was hispanic?

That game always seemed big budget (I should probably buy it while it's $15 for PS Plus members. I loved the demo, and heard the rest of the game is just as awesome).

Jackie Estacado from the Darkness games is also of Italian and Spanish ancestry.

Oh right, the Just Cause 2 protagonist, finally! I guess I could add Jackie to the list, but he seemed more italian to me (I've only played the games, not read the comics)

Still though, I think hispanics characters have it worst of them all in video games. White > Black > Asian ≥ Hispanic

Damn, I still gotta play this one, need to finish Lost and Damned first. Thank! feels good

It was actually somewhat impressive technically for the PSP, but the design was just a bit poor. Still better than AC1 though :)

What if AC3 Liberation is to AC Bloodline what AC2 is to AC1? :)

OT: The premise and main character on this game sounds WAY more interesting than the main Ass Creed 3 IMHO. I don't have or plan to buy a Vita anytime soon, but this sounds intriguing to me whereas I am not sure if I'm buying AC3 on PS3 after feeling a little burned out after AssCreed2 and Brotherhood. With that said, I must say that this:

Ubisoft Sofia:
Mac port of Rayman Raving Rabbids
Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Chessmaster DS
PS3 Port of Prince of Persia Classic
Xbox 360 port of CSI 3 Dimensions of Murder

I don't really have high hopes :p

Does not inspire confidence that we will receive a worthy product.

I'm not sure if they can afford a price cut, but maybe. Maybe they could do a price cut on memory sticks? though I guess a console price cut would be better since it seems they earn more money on the memory cards. If they don't do a price cut, they would do bundles.

I will never buy a Vita if they don't release a SKU with some flash memory built in. Ridiculous to not have that and have to rely on memory cards in a high end portable device in 2012. Memory cards should be for extra memory, not the only way to have storage in my portable device.

Still though, I think hispanics characters have it worst of them all in video games. White > Black > Asian ≥ Hispanic

Sounds about right.

Play TBOGT though, it's superb game, best of the GTAIV series, and Luis Lopez is an awesome character.

Ahasverus

What about a non-gangster hispanic character, and preferibly not a Puerto Rican one since they are more American than hispanic to be honest (and like Mexicans, just far, far from what the other people of latin america /act/ ). But as a character, he was awesome.

I hope this game takes place in more cities. The Vita is a powerful gadget, it should do better I think.

KillGore

What about a non-gangster hispanic character, and preferibly not a Puerto Rican one since they are more American than hispanic to be honest (and like Mexicans, just far, far from what the other people of latin america /act/ ). But as a character, he was awesome.

Aww come on, it is true that Puerto Ricans and Mexicans have been strongly influenced by american culture but we're still hispanic, at least physically (though we are a bit whiter than our south american hispanics brothers in general, especially Puerto Ricans). As long as he/she is hispanic, it doesn't matter to me if they're from Puerto Rico/Mexico or Chile/Argentina.

Xpliskin

I wonder if they're going to remake the parkour animations so that we actually feel we're controlling a female assassin.

The lazy way would be just reusing the existing ones a la multiplayer mode.

Takuan

If they come correct with this, it might actually sway some purchasers. It needs to be visually on par with Uncharted, have the mobility of an AC title, but offer a completely fresh approach to combat that will make the game stand out meaningfully. Then perhaps people will have reason to believe the Vita won't only be getting half-baked, c-grade spinoffs.

I'm looking forward to the gameplay reveal. I'm not expecting it to look anything like that CG screenshot, but I expect it won't look terrible, either.

black female assassin?!...I like her better than Connor already. I don't even have a Vita but if this game is even decent, Sony can count me as a Vita owner.

So awesome! From the Vita having practically nothing to having an overload of great games feels good. And E3 hasn't even started yet! **hugs vita**

EDIT: Just saw a scan!
ikC8olqu9bYHZ.gif

minimoke

That scan of her on the rooftop has got to be concept art right?!? I'm mean just look at the detail in the model and the draw distance! If this is realtime then it blows UC:GA out of the water!

That scan of her on the rooftop has got to be concept art right?!? I'm mean just look at the detail in the model and the draw distance! If this is realtime then it blows UC:GA out of the water!

I don't think it's gameplay too. it's either concept art, or snapshot of cg trailer we haven't seen yet.

After seeing the pictures I'm really disappointed that this isn't the actual Assassin's Creed 3. A black Creole female assassin is way more interesting. Not to mention she's better designed.

Tratorn

Yes, it can't be ingame.

Also the textures are too good.
Look at the roof for example.

Yeah, as a black guy, it's been really cool to see more black leads in games, like Emmett from Starhawk, the main guy from Prototype 2, this new woman from AC3: Lib.

I'm hoping this trend becomes more than just an exception to the rule in the gaming industry. Developers shouldn't be afraid to use more minority in lead spots. I find it more insulting to the non-minority gamers that developers (and Hollywood, also, honestly), think that non-minority users don't want to play as minority characters in games (or see movies with minority leads).

Character creation isn't enough. It's not an acceptable replacement. I want more blacks portrayed like Nathan Drake, not 50 Cent.

Anyway, I'm totally intrigued by this new main character. I hope they do some really awesome stuff with her character. There's a lot of potential, given her ethnicity, and the setting the game is taking place in. I don't want them to shy away from the obvious subject matter in fear of not being PC for some users. AC is a "M" franchise. Treat the players like they are mature enough to handle some deep thought in between all dat assassinatin'

I don't know how to tell you this, but... Nathan Drake isn't black.

Top Bottom