• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 3 live streaming today at 5 PM EST

As someone who takes a lot of direct feed shots, you would be surprised at how often little things that you just haven't tested can completely fuck up stuff like the color.

Direct feed screenshots are always misleading. This is one from Uncharted (universally hailed as one of the best looking games this gen) for comparison:

[]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/833/833632/uncharted-drakes-fortune-20071107053248937.jpg[/]

Things always look better in motion.

No they're not. What's misleading is bad capture (pretty much any IGN screen), or screencaps from a video.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
tumblr_m23083c52y1r6jpslo2_1280.png

lol at the guy in the corner.

Did they rope in Tecmo Koei as a support studio?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Didn't matter since they were never really built around true stealth. Hopefully that's different now, and stealth becomes a useful option as opposed to being able to just murder everyone with barely any effort (which is fun, but damn the AC games are easy).

There were a few missions where you had to complete without killing anyone and/or being seen or you would fail or not achieve 100% sync. They worked around a lot of this by conveniently putting courtesans around you or having random hay for you to hide in.

It would be awesome if you could have a full play through where you don't have to actually kill anyone outside of your assassination targets.

Zeliard

Not entirely true as there were a few missions where you had to complete missions without killing anyone and/or being seen or you would fail or not achieve 100% sync. They worked around a lot of this by conveniently putting courtesans around you or having random hay for you to hide in.

It would be awesome if you could have a full play through where you don't have to actually kill anyone outside of your assassination targets.

Stealth doesn't necessarily have to be non-lethal - just that you shouldn't be seen committing the act. You are an assassin, after all, and you could still be a highly murderous one while also being very stealthy, but the games don't generally encourage that.

They've also been overly easy with the combat, though I hear Revelations at least goes some way towards trying to change that up. Haven't played that one yet. More difficult combat would go some way towards naturally encouraging more stealth-based play, along with various other consequences for being seen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
They've also been overly easy with the combat, though I hear Revelations at least goes some way towards trying to change that up. Haven't played that one yet. More difficult combat would go some way towards naturally encouraging more stealth-based play, along with various other consequences for being seen.

Relevations was pretty much the same. A few enemies could block counter kills but that was about it. Maybe chain kills too but I don't remember. Same easy combat.

Well now I'm conflicted, because he was supposed to be killed by this guy.

Is Connor dark skinned? Maybe they could use that to explain away mistaken identity haha

Dany

Banned
Just popped in and took a peak in the last few pages. Are they going to release the gameplay...tonight?

Teknoman

Thanks, dude. That is fucking RAD news. A greater focus on stealth is something that this franchise has always needed and a cover system is the perfect place to start. God, the potential here is ridiculous.

Yes, agreed. Also I hope the fights are actually pretty challenging.

Curufinwe

I heard on the latest Game Informer podcast that there will be checkpoints in missions now that save your status in terms of synchronization. So if you fail a requirement for 100% sync you don't have to restart the mission from the beginning like in ACB and ACR.

As part of our month-long coverage of Assassin's Creed III, our readers submitted questions for the game's creative director Alex Hutchinson.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podca...pecial-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

Irish

Yup, and full sync gives you a tangible reward this go around.

-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.

That GI podcast has a bunch of cool info in general.

They talk a bit about the ranged combat and say that you don't have full control of the gun like in a TPS, but they may end up using a system that allows you to target particular points on a person's body.

SamuraiX-

Whoa, hold up, what'd I miss? Where are you guys getting these direct feed shots from?

What happened to the gameplay rumor being bogus?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Giantbomb guys said they saw it at PAX and it looked awesome. Good news after they acknowledged Revelations was a bit of a rehash.

Man, if they just fix framerate, screen tearing, popin then I'll be happy.

Yup, after getting 3/4 the way through of AC2, I bailed on the PS3 versions entirely and moved to PC

Would like to get this on PS3, but if performance is similar to prior entries ...yeah fook that.

So he has a weird looking outfit but no place to hide / can't blend in? I'm less and less sure about this game.
Screens look great
on my iPhone

K.Sabot

That jumbled mess of foliage in the background is so random, it's almost unnaturally random.

It also look like total ass.

Grymm

Banned
That jumbled mess of foliage in the background is so random, it's almost unnaturally random.

It also look like total ass.

It probably is a bit unnaturally random since you're supposed to be able to climb every tree and and walk along each branch and jump among them. And then they also said you can straddle between two trees, think Splinter Cell-ish.

UrbanRats

A bit underwhelmed by these leaked screens.
This is apparently a game that gives its 100% in motion, so they should probably just "leak" a gameplay video.

Top Bottom