• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan |OT| - Like a Braus

Heh, the suggestion to get the console version over the steam version is kinda weird then, because you'd get a similar max resolution and probably even less KB/M support.

It is an odd suggestion.

Don't know how the console versions are, but on PC there's no option for V-sync. However, this can be fixed by playing in borderless windowed mode. On console, you may have to just deal with tearing.

You'll also get better texture filtering on PC. Although, due to the visuals of the game, the difference here won't be massive.

PC version is probably the best from a technical perspective, even if the options are limited. With the exception of resolution-cap, screen-tearing, and no option for reducing pop-in (which is likely the same as on console), it's a competent enough port.

Achamian

Out now on PC for EU and amazon said you can grab it from yesterday here for PS4

No PS store then? Usually buy from there so my daughter can download too

Edit. Don't worry found it on the store. For some reason searching attack on titan didn't show it. Used wings of freedom instead.

LAA

Finding the port pretty good so far actually. Have a 1080p monitor, so going over doesn't affect me so much, and enabled V sync through Nvidia settings, so that's fine too, (though it should be an option in-game yes). It's nowhere near as bad as One Piece PW3 anyway, which I think is in a bad state to say the least. Isn't up to par graphically speaking, X1 controller simply doesn't work, no button prompts. I did manage to get that all working, and a graphics mod, (which I usually cba enabling), but I need to auto load a texmod every boot up and replace a lot of files, and even then I do get crashes occassionally, so the fact AoT just works and with a controller, smoothly and graphically looks great is all good news for me.

However, for people on PC and using an X1 controller, anyone finding RT doesn't work? It's weird because it seems LT works, just not RT, I'd understand if they both didn't work because it's my understanding they don't track as buttons?, but just RT not working is weird. Have to switch it with LT for now, as I think the decisive option is more needed than toggling map, hope they fix it anyway. AoT definitely a step up, but still needs more work. If Berserk is coming to PC, I hope it's at least at this standard, hopefully fixing the things it's lacking here.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
No PS store then? Usually buy from there so my daughter can download too

Edit. Don't worry found it on the store. For some reason searching attack on titan didn't show it. Used wings of freedom instead.

They're not allowed to use "Attack on Titan" in the title of a game in Europe due to a copyright claim, so it's shortened to A.O.T.

Only in the actual title/logo though - the phrase "Attack on Titan" remains elsewhere.

J4g3r

Tempted to grab this on Steam.

The gameplay looks pretty fun and I love the anime/manga; just wondering if it's possible to turn off certain parts of the HUD?

There's so much covering the screen...

I wish you could turn off parts of the HUD and downsample. Other than that it's good.

Damn...

cireza

On Xbox One, the framerate has pretty big drops when the action becomes too intense.

Otherwise, the game is a lot of fun and the gameplay mechanics are well implemented. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment.

Jrs3000

On Xbox One, the framerate has pretty big drops when the action becomes too intense.

Otherwise, the game is a lot of fun and the gameplay mechanics are well implemented. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment.

Xbox one s or regular? Its funny but this is a thing now.

PS4 has pretty bad drops as well during the more chaotic moments. More like slowdown.

cireza

Xbox one s or regular? Its funny but this is a thing now.
I think that you overestimate the improvements that a Xbox One S can bring. I am playing on a normal Xbox One.

PS4 has drops anyway, so it must not be that big of a difference anyway.

I can't find this game at all on the EU PSN store. I've tried numerous different things and all I get are the US and JP stores. It's not even listed under new releases or anything.
I mean I have it on Steam already but I wanted it on PS4 too. I can't find it either in the PS4 store itself or in my browser and gamestop nearby didn't get it in either, super weird

Einhandr

I can't find this game at all on the EU PSN store. I've tried numerous different things and all I get are the US and JP stores. It's not even listed under new releases or anything.
I mean I have it on Steam already but I wanted it on PS4 too. I can't find it either in the PS4 store itself or in my browser and gamestop nearby didn't get it in either, super weird

Search for "A.O.T Wings of Freedom"

iFirez

While I feel the PC port is lacking - I'm surprised at how fun the gameplay is. Flying around on anchors while boosting into titans and dismembering them is really fun. I also, personally, really like the graphics - even those the aliasing is quite bad even on PC and I don't seem to be able to improve it with the tweaks I've tried.

Hey, everyone. Not really an anime person, but I saw this game on Steam and it seemed pretty cool. Is the game good? Does it run fine on PC? Do I need to watch the show first to understand the story?

DemiMatt

I guess spoiler question regarding the length of the game, but does it go through the entire first season? Is it a lot of content?

Finding the port pretty good so far actually. Have a 1080p monitor, so going over doesn't affect me so much, and enabled V sync through Nvidia settings, so that's fine too, (though it should be an option in-game yes). It's nowhere near as bad as One Piece PW3 anyway, which I think is in a bad state to say the least. Isn't up to par graphically speaking, X1 controller simply doesn't work, no button prompts. I did manage to get that all working, and a graphics mod, (which I usually cba enabling), but I need to auto load a texmod every boot up and replace a lot of files, and even then I do get crashes occassionally, so the fact AoT just works and with a controller, smoothly and graphically looks great is all good news for me.

However, for people on PC and using an X1 controller, anyone finding RT doesn't work? It's weird because it seems LT works, just not RT, I'd understand if they both didn't work because it's my understanding they don't track as buttons?, but just RT not working is weird. Have to switch it with LT for now, as I think the decisive option is more needed than toggling map, hope they fix it anyway. AoT definitely a step up, but still needs more work. If Berserk is coming to PC, I hope it's at least at this standard, hopefully fixing the things it's lacking here.

I didn't have any issues using my X1 pad on PC, but I didn't try the triggers. I'll give it another go soon and report back.

I guess spoiler question regarding the length of the game, but does it go through the entire first season? Is it a lot of content?

From what I've heard it goes a bit beyond the first season but don't know if it's original content beyond that or some Manga/Season 2 stuff

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
From what I've heard it goes a bit beyond the first season but don't know if it's original content beyond that or some Manga/Season 2 stuff

Story stuff slightly after first season asides from that the free mission stuff is original content

Hikami

Man.. why is the stuff in the HUD so needlessly large and all over the place? I can understand on the Vita since it would be harder to read because of the screen size but.. On PS4/PC it's so obtrusive.

Went through story mode on pc, took me 13 hours just working on getting through the story and not anything extra... Love the game so I just preordered it on PS4 on Amazon. Gonna take my time with the ps4 version and platinum it

Soi-Fong

What amazes me most is just how much they captured the intensity of the ODM Gear from the anime.

That Spidy game being worked on for the PS4 better take notes from this game. I want to see movement similar to this in that game.

I love just flying around. It's such a blast.

Mikasa is crazy. Love that multi attack of hers.

You know the game nailed combat and movement when even Armin feels amazing to control.

Load times are amazing as well. Just put this on a normal terabyte HDD 7200rpm and it loads in under 5 seconds, not even..

renzollo

Banned
Everybody yells in this game nonstop, and every character always chooses the most dramatic, emotional, and illogical option in every opportunity. A giant naked man ran at high speed through the city with nancy arms swinging side to side while the townspeople screamed. Then I became a giant naked man with elf ears and face slammed other naked men while they smiled at me and flopped on the ground at my feet. 10/10, would wrestle naked again.

kewlmyc

Everybody yells in this game nonstop, and every character always chooses the most dramatic, emotional, and illogical option in every opportunity. A giant naked man ran at high speed through the city with nancy arms swinging side to side while the townspeople screamed. Then I became a giant naked man with elf ears and face slammed other naked men while they smiled at me and flopped on the ground at my feet. 10/10, would wrestle naked again.

Welcome to Attack on Titan.

Karak

Hot damn that's longer than expected!

Yep. I didn't take me that long but its pretty damn long for what you can do and the amount of side mission is pretty insane.
What amazes me most is just how much they captured the intensity of the ODM Gear from the anime.

That Spidy game being worked on for the PS4 better take notes from this game. I want to see movement similar to this in that game.

I love just flying around. It's such a blast.

Mikasa is crazy. Love that multi attack of hers.

You know the game nailed combat and movement when even Armin feels amazing to control.

Load times are amazing as well. Just put this on a normal terabyte HDD 7200rpm and it loads in under 5 seconds, not even..
What I discussed in my review is that I was surprised how the special attacks for the characters fit the anime really well and the most of the characters attitude.

Namikaze

I just bought the steam version. Had no idea there was a 17% discount along with an extra costume that my BB preorder didn't come with for less money (wasn't gonna sell this game anyways). Hopefully I won't have to deal with any framerate drops if I run it at max settings like the PS4 version.

NeoTracer

Neo Member
How viable is this game if I want to play it for co op only ?

The game has missions that is could be played online with multiple people. However, the story mode is only single player and you would have to play most, if not all, of the main story to unlock more missions for multiplayer. I wouldn't say it is viable to play coop from start to finish but it is a thrill to play.

How do I find this on the US PSN store???

I believe the game comes out on August 30 for the US.

Namikaze

After playing an hour of the PC version, I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I'm using an XB1 Elite Controller, btw.

-I have this weird scrolling issue that doesn't allow me to choose anything besides story mode and quitting the game on the main menu.
-This also affects playing story mode; it's difficult to select a part of the titan to hit if the reticule is jumpy.
-Had to force 8x AA, and vsync.
-Music is awful, should've just gotten the anime music like the 3DS game.
-Takes a lot of liberties with the story mode, if you were planning on playing this game over watching the anime or reading the manga, I wouldn't. Show is still the best overall option for viewing S1 content, imo (even then, it's not following the manga 100% but the art is much better at least).

No crashes though. And they definitely nailed the 3D maneuver gear, it's really satisfying to fly through the air..

Might get a refund and try it on PS4.

Edit: switched to ps4 controller and now have no issues with it registering the special attack. Also feels more natural when playing a game like this, the Elite controller is a bit bulky imp.

cireza

It is a game, and the story is rushed so hard that it almost hurts.

Watch the anime. That's the best way to discover the beginning of the story.

Top Bottom