• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan |OT| - Like a Braus

kjacobson

Neo Member
Does anyone know if with the English language version of the game, if it will let you play with Japanese voice actors but use English subs? I saw that that there are no English subs in the Japanese version I believe, so if someone could clarify that would be awesome. Thanks!

Does anyone know if with the English language version of the game, if it will let you play with Japanese voice actors but use English subs? I saw that that there are no English subs in the Japanese version I believe, so if someone could clarify that would be awesome. Thanks!

The game is Japanese voices with English subtitles. That's the default for me anyway

Also this game is really damn fun! I mean it's super simplistic killing Titans but it makes you feel like a badass doing it and it's very satisfying. It also seems to mirror the Anime very well so if you're a fan of that you'll likely really enjoy as most cutscenes are almost shot for shot. I can see it getting repetitive but I'm having a blast with it so far

kjacobson

Neo Member
The game is Japanese voices with English subtitles. That's the default for me anyway

Also this game is really damn fun! I mean it's super simplistic killing Titans but it makes you feel like a badass doing it and it's very satisfying. It also seems to mirror the Anime very well so if you're a fan of that you'll likely really enjoy as most cutscenes are almost shot for shot. I can see it getting repetitive but I'm having a blast with it so far

Love it, thanks for confirming. I suppose I could have looked up a lets play of it that streamers are already putting up, but I've got no audio at work. Cheers!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
tumblr_mlz9u2ZJA61sp5yuho1_500.gif

Let's gooooo

Zafir

Sad to see bad reviews about the PC port.

No resolution support higher than 1080p.
No V-Sync.
No AA.
No M+K support.
Crashes...

Why they can't hire someone capable to do their ports? I really wanted to buy and support this. :(

Urgh between the price and this?

No thanks.

When will Shitco Koei learn.

Cmagus

Urgh between the price and this?

No thanks.

When will Shitco Koei learn.

It's a shame you're gonna miss out on a fun game. I've played through almost half the game now and I've experienced no crashes or issues with the game itself and although it doesn't have those options the game still look great.

Zafir

It's a shame you're gonna miss out on a fun game. I've played through almost half the game now and I've experienced no crashes or issues with the game itself and although it doesn't have those options the game still look great.

I have a 1440p monitor, so no it won't look great since it won't run at my native resolution.

I'm not going to give £42(and that's the discounted price) to a developer who still continues to not give a damn about myself, or any other PC gamers. They charge more money for their ports than any other company in the UK(At least Ubisoft, despite also charging £50, allow you to buy the games at other cheaper retailers!), and release some of the worst ports.

I'll get it on sale, maybe on PS4.

Got it on Steam today, I'm fine with 1080p and the game looks fine. My only issue is that the controls are terrible an you don't even have to slice the back of the necks to kill titans like in the anime. I'm just flying at their necks from the front and slicing their throats and they die -_-

Anung

Un Rama
Got it on Steam today, I'm fine with 1080p and the game looks fine. My only issue is that the controls are terrible an you don't even have to slice the back of the necks to kill titans like in the anime. I'm just flying at their necks from the front and slicing their throats and they die -_-

That's weird. On the PS4 version you do a little damage but kind of bounce back a little so going for the neck is the best way to do it.

Had to run it in window-mode to get V-sync. Hopefully that and the resolution stuff will be patched.

Would love to increase the draw distance and motion-blur quality as well. In its current state, motion-blur is almost an eye-sore.

The art-direction is on point though.

Haven't had enough time with it to comment on gameplay, but at least it works well with an Xbox One pad.

DeviatePanda

Neo Member
Got it on Steam this morning. Holy shit, this is a videogame. I don't remember having this much fun with a game in a long time. Silky smooth 60fps and the cel-shading looks beautiful, the developers definitely captured the look of the anime.

Controls can take some getting used to, I'm playing with a Dualshock 3 just fyi. I am kinda disappointed in the poor keyboard controls, but I was spoiled from the 2 fan games that let you fire hooks individually and that wouldn't work very well on controller so I understand. Quite the difficulty spike when you start Mikasa's missions though so anyone playing be prepared for that. I have full faith in Omega-Force to deliver on the Berserk game now.

Also, I heard that running the game in Windows 7 compatability cuts down on almost all crashes, none experienced here though.

N° 2048

Got it on Steam this morning. Holy shit, this is a videogame. I don't remember having this much fun with a game in a long time. Silky smooth 60fps and the cel-shading looks beautiful, the developers definitely captured the look of the anime.

Controls can take some getting used to, I'm playing with a Dualshock 3 just fyi. I am kinda disappointed in the poor keyboard controls, but I was spoiled from the 2 fan games that let you fire hooks individually and that wouldn't work very well on controller so I understand. Quite the difficulty spike when you start Mikasa's missions though so anyone playing be prepared for that. I have full faith in Omega-Force to deliver on the Berserk game now.

Also, I heard that running the game in Windows 7 compatability cuts down on almost all crashes, none experienced here though.

Been watching a couple of streams and this is what everyone is saying.

Tuesday can't come fast enough!

That's weird. On the PS4 version you do a little damage but kind of bounce back a little so going for the neck is the best way to do it.

I didn't play for long, just the first mission in expedition mode for like 20 minutes, killed maybe 5 or a few more titans, small and large and they all died from having their throats slit after I chopped their legs and arms, I never attacked from behind. Hoping its just a bug that'll be patched

Cmagus

I didn't play for long, just the first mission in expedition mode for like 20 minutes, killed maybe 5 or a few more titans, small and large and they all died from having their throats slit after I chopped their legs and arms, I never attacked from behind. Hoping its just a bug that'll be patched

You technically do have to slash the back of their necks but the game is a little forgiving especially when they fall and flail around. Later in the game when you have several to deal with at a time if they made it very precise it would probably break the flow of the game.

You technically do have to slash the back of their necks but the game is a little forgiving especially when they fall and flail around. Later in the game when you have several to deal with at a time if they made it very precise it would probably break the flow of the game.

Ahh ok thanks, I just found it kinda weird with how big of a deal hitting the back of the neck is in the anime and even the games loading screens that I was killing them head on and not facing their backs at all. It would probably be really hard to kill them from the back of the neck direct with the controls even though I'm using a 360 controller.

I also don't mean to sound like I'm complaining at all, I just found it to be strange and it really stood out. Fun game so far, and Mikasa #1

Anyone having right stick deadzone issues on pc?
I tried fixing it with xinput plus but then the equipment screen (and only this screen) bugs out thinking I'm holding down on the dpad. Regular xinput doesn't seem to work (so durazno doesn't work), because the deadzone settings only take effect if I use the directinput output option.

Moraizen

Any impressions on how smooth the framerate is on the PS4? I can't imagine a game like this having constant 60fps in every situation.

Also, any extras compared to the Japanese version?

shiyrley

Banned
I will buy this when they patch 1440p support or someone releases a mod for it that works perfectly. 1440p support should be a given at this point...

DemiMatt

Just found out about this game thanks to this thread, holy cow this game looks crazy fun!

Now the question is PS4 or PC?

Also could I coop on PS4 with a friend on the Japanese version?

Hi all, I'm considering buying this but was wondering how are all the playable characters implemented? Do you get to pick who to use with each story mission? Does everyone just have their own stories? Or do we just get railroaded into playing Eren most the time?

Karuto

Hi all, I'm considering buying this but was wondering how are all the playable characters implemented? Do you get to pick who to use with each story mission? Does everyone just have their own stories? Or do we just get railroaded into playing Eren most the time?

Once you beat the main story, you get to choose any of the 10 playable characters (before you do, the game forces you into a character's perspective). In Expedition, you're free to choose whoever. Levels, equipment, materials, and money carry over to either mode.

Momentary

Banned
The stupid ass Koei Tecmo Hype Brigade is on STEAM bloating the score. Pisses me off to see these douche bags giving this broken ass game positive reviews.

Buy this game on console if you have the option. The game is busted on PC. KT's assembly line pushing dumbasses need to discover QLOC so they can release competent PC ports.

Buy this game on console if you have the option. The game is busted on PC. KT's assembly line pushing dumbasses need to discover QLOC so they can release competent PC ports.

What's wrong with it exactly? I was debating getting the PC version instead of PS4 cause I have more willing friends to play with on PC lol.

Uthred

The stupid ass Koei Tecmo Hype Brigade is on STEAM bloating the score. Pisses me off to see these douche bags giving this broken ass game positive reviews.

Tell us how you really feel. Hyperbole, the port might not be amazing but its certainly not broken.

What's wrong with it exactly? I was debating getting the PC version instead of PS4 cause I have more willing friends to play with on PC lol.

No real keyboard and mouse support, max resolution of 1080p

Oh come now, I wouldn't go THAT far. No support higher than 1080p does stink but we've heard this about games in the past and gotten them fixed so maybe this will too.

The KB+M controls do indeed suck but it's to be expected from a game being ported over, it's clearly designed to be played with a controller. It's annoying but hardly "busted".

Game runs smooth for me and I've had absolutely 0 crashes or anything like that so far.

I will buy this when they patch 1440p support or someone releases a mod for it that works perfectly. 1440p support should be a given at this point...

You probably wont ever play it on PC then, same for me as I have been waiting for the same thing for Dragon Quest Heroes and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3.

I just bought the damn things on PS4, One Piece even goes one further by giving you the PS3 version of the game and not PS4 on PC.

Enjoying it so far. One nice touch is any equipment upgrades are reflected in the cutscenes. I know that's hardly groundbreaking but it's a level of detail I wouldn't expect.

renzollo

Banned
As someone who knew nothing about this IP before today, this game is exactly the best kind of dumb. It feels a bit like those times in Just Cause when you happen to nail the weird, overly complex flight/parachute/glide system momentarily and do something awesome, but more consistently. I actually really like the art style too, the game reminds me quite a bit of Valkyria Chronicles in terms of its aesthetics and environments. I guess people will complain about the PC port because the keyboard/mouse controls are bad, but as a non-insane person who uses a controller for a 3rd person action game I've been surprised at how stable and smooth the PC version feels based on all the complaints I read.

Edit: I play on a 970 in 1080p, so that's probably why I'm not complaining about the graphics settings.

On second thought, I might buy this anyway. I tried playing Overwatch in 1080p on my 1440p monitor and it didn't look horrible or anything. Hmm...

Damn.
They still havent fixed that??? I mean Arslan even started itself in Win7 compatibility mode, because they knew if you turn it off it will crash...

I just bought the damn things on PS4, One Piece even goes one further by giving you the PS3 version of the game and not PS4 on PC.

No. You got the PS4 version on Steam. The thing is that the graphical options are broken and have never been fixed so you have the graphical options set between the Vita and PS3 version, while the game actually would be the PS4 version if they would finally fix that you can change the graphical options....

Top Bottom