• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sephzilla

Maffew just reposted this from a fan

DHW8NH7XcAAufI9.jpg

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no, but for realsies tho, Nakamur has to win against Jinder right?

like, I've been saying Jinder will win more in a stuborn "vince is insane and wwe booking is garbage" meme way, but... you know... they are not feeding Nakamura to fucking Jinder Mahal right?

Come on now...

Hasney

like, I've been saying Jinder will win more in a stuborn "vince is insane and wwe booking is garbage" meme way, but... you know... they are not feeding Nakamura to fucking Jinder Mahal right?

Come on now...

I would have said "Jinder should never win a title, right?" but here we are.

Come on now...
Not clean. Jinder could cheat to win. Seems early for a Nak title win

Come on now...

This is how people get hurt. Don't do this to yourself.

cordy

Banned

Come on now...

Nakamura ain't winning.

Mahal is keeping this for another few months.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nakamura ain't winning at Summerslam when his mic skills are worse than Jinder's of all people.

then hes never winning since we all knew his mic kills would be bad with his broken english. Surely WWE also knew this.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I just put it all together...

Asuka has a perfect record in sending women to the main roster after their feud is over...

Asuka beats Ember Saturday night and Ember shows up on Raw..the same day as the solar eclipse.

Hasney

I just put it all together...

Asuka has a perfect record in sending women to the main roster after their feud is over...

Asuka beats Ember Saturday night and Ember shows up on Raw..the same day as the solar eclipse.

Ew, but would be best as Asuka will be ruined.

Rhaknar

Imagine not doing Nakamura vs styles at Mania for the title

Imagine being that Booker

they will do it at some throw away PPV long before Mania probably. Thats why Nak's probably winning at SS, then have the usual "indie darling 3 month reign when it doesnt actually matter" between now and Rumble.

You know... like AJ had >_>

Rhaknar

odds on Nak using the reverse exploder at SS (or ever again?) :3

cordy

Banned
then hes never winning since we all knew his mic kills would be bad with his broken english. Surely WWE also knew this.

That's why they gotta do the "babyface keeps losing to the smart heel so he'll keep trying until he gets it" program which is why he'll win it in a few months.

You mean the strong foreign heel who had over a year build on the main roster before he won the belt? You mean the major face who was on the main roster for at least 7 years before he won the belt?

You comparing them to a guy who's only been on the main roster for 4 months who sounds like a mumble rapper?

Hasney

That's why they gotta do the "babyface keeps losing to the smart heel so he'll keep trying until he gets it" program which is why he'll win it in a few months.

You mean the strong foreign heel heel who had over a year build on the main roster before he won the belt? You mean the major face who was on the main roster for at least 7 years before he won the belt?

You comparing them to a guy who's only been on the main roster for 4 months who sounds like a mumble rapper?

Sounds like a mumble wrapper? I think you need to check your sound system brah.

I think in-ring talent and promos that are good enough to be compared to the WWE champion could be seen as good enough to beat the man who was a jobber and had more of a gap in his employment than the length of time in the main event.

The way cash in works for Money in the Bank is incredibly stupid.

The whole point is the guy who holds it can take advantage of a situation, but the whole thing is ruined when it takes so much time to actually start it. Guy runs in, hands it to ref, ref talks to official, announcement is made, ref enters ring, rings the bell. The person holding it should be able to just run in and toss it to the official ring side and do their thing.

It kills the entire moment when you have so much waiting.

Hasney

If that was the case, you should be able to cash it in when they're injured and not at the arena and win the title by default.

Sephzilla

If I'm a champion, especially a heel champion, and someone cashes in on me I'm just rolling out of the ring and doing something to get DQd.

MITB is stupid and it goes against a lot of common sense things in wrestling.

Hasney

If I'm a champion, especially a heel champion, and someone cashes in on me I'm just rolling out of the ring and doing something to get DQd.

Honestly, when I read Corbin failed, I kind of assumed the Singh brothers just ran in and beat the shit out of him.

yeah because that's totally the same thing as I'm describing

The match only starts when there's two people standing in the ring, so yeah, you're kind of asking for a match that would never be started under normal circumstances. EDIT: I'm wrong, there's an edit out there that makes it look like that

Obviously, that's just logic though and they used to have the cash in when they're down. I think that's how Punk won it first time after a Batista bomb?

Jinder is winning on Sunday. SMH guys, he's more entertaining than Nakamura.

If he is, maybe he should show it sometime.

Sephzilla

Seth Rollins probably has the only logical MITB cash in ever. He cashed in during an active triple threat match, so there was no champions advantage, no DQ, and didn't even have to pin the champion to win the belt.

That's why it's a great device for a heel. Never made sense why heel champions would stand and defend their title and not just lowblow them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Can someone explain why Will Ospreay kept trying to do Okada's Rainmaker in the matches of the BOSJ this year?

Ospreay is in CHAOS

The way cash in works for Money in the Bank is incredibly stupid.

The whole point is the guy who holds it can take advantage of a situation, but the whole thing is ruined when it takes so much time to actually start it. Guy runs in, hands it to ref, ref talks to official, announcement is made, ref enters ring, rings the bell. The person holding it should be able to just run in and toss it to the official ring side and do their thing.

It kills the entire moment when you have so much waiting.

The whole process seemed to change with each cash in. When Edge cashed in on Cena, Cena had to get to his feet...but when Daniel Bryan cashed in, Big Show (and Mark Henry on the fake cash in) were both on their back when the bell rung.

cordy

Banned
Sounds like a mumble wrapper? I think you need to check your sound system brah.

I think in-ring talent and promos that are good enough to be compared to the WWE champion could be seen as good enough to beat the man who was a jobber and had more of a gap in his employment than the length of time in the main event.

Nakamura's promos sounds like a Charlie Brown teacher's.
Dude sounds like Rocky Balboa after getting popped in the mouth.
When the crowd says "what" to him they're really wondering what he's saying.

Nakamura's gotta keep working on his promos.

As for in-ring skills, that doesn't dictate who wins the title. Styles didn't get the belt due to solely his in-ring skills. He got the belt due to his character, promos, in-ring skills and the fact he could do everything you needed him to do. That's why they're going to go with an "underdog Shinsuke can't beat the smart Jinder and his heel lackeys" so this way Shinsuke can lose for months before he wins the title due to the fact that when he wins it'll be worth more.

Sephzilla

That's why it's a great device for a heel. Never made sense why heel champions would stand and defend their title and not just lowblow them.

I'm pretty sure the heel champ DQing himself is the only MITB scenario that hasn't been done at this point. Everything else has been played out to death. MITB is a gimmick that needs to be retired.

Hasney

As for in-ring skills, that doesn't dictate who wins the title. Styles didn't get the belt due to solely his in-ring skills. He got the belt due to his character, promos, in-ring skills and the fact he could do everything you needed him to do.

I get that, but it means he has something when the current WWE champion brings 0 to the table.

Top Bottom