• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

1. Dave Meltzer calls Baron awful on his podcast.
2. Baron Corbin responds on twitter with the always intelligent "You can't criticize me cause you don't bump bro" argument.
3. A random internet guy defends Meltzer reaffirming that Baron is in fact awful.
4. Baron calls the random internet guy useless.
5. Random internet guy posts a picture of him on active duty in Afghanistan standing with Vince McMahon and The Big Show.
6. Corbin falls over himself trying to apologize.

that has been corbins gimmick for a while

his apology was fine imo

Beefy

He got in an argument with Dave Meltzer on Twitter over his height (really) and then as a result of that, got in an argument with some fan where he called him a loser - then the guy posted a picture of himself in his military fatigues with Vince.

1. Dave Meltzer calls Baron awful on his podcast.
2. Baron Corbin responds on twitter with the always intelligent "You can't criticize me cause you don't bump bro" argument.
3. A random internet guy defends Meltzer reaffirming that Baron is in fact awful.
4. Baron calls the random internet guy useless.
5. Random internet guy posts a picture of him on active duty in Afghanistan standing with Vince McMahon and The Big Show.
6. Corbin falls over himself trying to apologize.

So Corbin being a idiot then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One of the few times you can say someone literally worked himself into a shoot.

Hasney

What Twitter stuff?

9MLv7LE_d.jpg

Also trying to heel Balor and others, but looking like an idiot when they come back at his and he has the shittiest responses.

that has been corbins gimmick for a while

his apology was fine imo

As Punk said on Cabanas podcast, they want you to be in character on Twitter but once you heel a fan you get a call from the office. Now think of that ramped up about gajillion because it was to an army man and VinceMcMahon is in charge of the company.

Tall4Life

Corbin didn't even really apologize, he was like "Ok I respect you a little more but my point still stands" like he didnt know whether he should continue doing the work or following the shoot

There's a difference between "being a heel on Twitter" and "insulting random fans". The first is just tweeting in character. The second is going after people who reply.

If he's going to take his play-fighting gimmick onto Twitter, he shouldn't tuck tail and show deference to anyone. That's my opinion, FallingEdge.

tricky situation to be in

9MLv7LE_d.jpg

Also trying to heel Balor and others, but looking like an idiot when they come back at his and he has the shittiest responses.

As Punk said on Cabanas podcast, they want you to be in character on Twitter but once you heel a fan you get a call from the office. Now think of that ramped up about gajillion because it was to an army man and VinceMcMahon is in charge of the company.

yeah that is some shit

Heel acts like a heel on twitter, gets heat backstage for it.

was this proven to be true? isn't it all just speculation?

You should feel bad if you want Daniel Bryan to compete at G-1 (particularly G-1).

The same way you should feel bad if you're cool with Shibata coming back. And from his comments yesterday he sounds like he is definitely coming back.
>World Trump Entertainment subscriber telling others to feel bad
giphy.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yep

If you want a good feel follow Owens

I mean, there's a reason Owens had a title run and Corbin didn't. It's not just Corbin getting heat for what, in my opinion, is a comically minor transgression, it's the fact that Corbin isn't good on the mic or in the ring.

What Corbin did and said is a big fat nothingburger - who cares if he called someone an idiot and they turned out to be serviceman, he didn't even know, much less make fun of him for that specifically. I would be surprised if that was itself the reason and would be less surprised if it turned out they wanted someone to cash in and lose but keep the fans happy. Zayn could have gotten the case and lost too, but it would have pissed fans off as opposed to make them laugh riotously.

Sephzilla

Corbin is a good talker when he only talks briefly and to the point, like what he did in NXT when his gimmick was being an indie darling destroyer

Angry Grimace

Corbin is a good talker when he only talks briefly and to the point, like what he did in NXT when his gimmick was being an indie darling destroyer

Acknowledging indies exist isn't even a thing they do on the main roster though. The only non-WWE title they ever mention as being credible is the IWGP title and they almost never actually mention what promotion the IWGP title even comes from. And I don't recall them mentioning it for Nakamura.

Sephzilla

A thought that popped up in my mind since the Miz gif came up. I get the impression that Miz is probably a pretty decent guy off camera. When was the last time you heard of Miz doing something fucking stupid on twitter or getting shit backstage? Miz strikes me as someone who probably ends up being a pretty okay dude once the cameras turn off and he drops his character.

Either that or he's really good at hiding that he's a piece of shit

Sephzilla

I think people are laughing/enjoying Corbin's burial because Corbin is kind of a doucebag in real life. Kind of like how everyone enjoyed Alex Riley vanishing from existence.

meppi

^ I know that that's why I'm laughing at it, that's for sure.

I know things, meppi, okay?! But I'm weak

Hey, no one is perfect.
If you want to try it, don't worry about going 100% vegan or vegetarian if that puts too much pressure on yourself. It just won't work that way.
If you're motivated to do something about the issues, just start by lowering your meat consumption by a certain amount.
Every bit helps, but no one should feel pressured to do something like that by another person.

I thought Corbin was one of Haitch's boys. Then again so was Enzo. Look as much as I wanna believe Alvarez and this was all real heat; I still think he's getting the briefcase back.

Foggy

He's hardly buried. He's back to the spot he was unless Cena just squashes him at the PPV. He's probably still higher than he should be.

Fucking rolled up in a MitB cash-in? That's buried man. That's a legendary burial. Nothing about that cash-in exists other than express purpose of putting him six feet under. Maybe position Jinder has a monster heel by having him overpower Corbin? Nah, just embarrass the guy on the Smackdown before a ppv. That whole charade exists to toss Corbin down a well.

Sephzilla

If Sandow was considered buried after losing an actual match to a one-armed Cena, then Baron Corbin probably waved at Wade Barrett on the way down to his own grave

Hasney

Fucking rolled up in a MitB cash-in? That's buried man. That's a legendary burial. Nothing about that cash-in exists other than express purpose of putting him six feet under. Maybe position Jinder has a monster heel by having him overpower Corbin? Nah, just embarrass the guy on the Smackdown before a ppv. That whole charade exists to toss Corbin down a well.

You could easily pull him back from this with a good showing and some good writing if they just don't want the title on him and wanted that MITB off him.

I mean, the good writing part means it probably won't happen, but it could!

If Sandow was considered buried after losing an actual match to a one-armed Cena, then Baron Corbin probably waved at Wade Barrett on the way down to his own grave

Sandow was never planned to be pushed though.If they actually want to do something with Corbin, they can.

Pikma

Banned
A thought that popped up in my mind since the Miz gif came up. I get the impression that Miz is probably a pretty decent guy off camera. When was the last time you heard of Miz doing something fucking stupid on twitter or getting shit backstage? Miz strikes me as someone who probably ends up being a pretty okay dude once the cameras turn off and he drops his character.

Either that or he's really good at hiding that he's a piece of shit
In the past he and Maryse have done work for pro-LGBTQ+ campaigns so yeah I think they're good people

Zach

Hey, no one is perfect.
If you want to try it, don't worry about going 100% vegan or vegetarian if that puts too much pressure on yourself. It just won't work that way.
If you're motivated to do something about the issues, just start by lowering your meat consumption by a certain amount.
Every bit helps, but no one should feel pressured to do something like that by another person.

Stop yelling at me and pressuring me to do something, dad!

(I'm an old man who has dramatically cut back on meat consumption over the years... but I don't see giving it up completely. Thank you. I love you.)

Top Bottom