• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So they dont want Bryan to wrestle because of a concussion lawsuit, but they had Tommy Dreamer and The Dudleys wrestling all the time not long ago. They wanted Foley to wrestle Ambrose too.

It seems like a weird situation.

Difference is they didn't have any of those guys publicly show up on Raw in front of millions of people, tearfully retire due to concussions and give up the world title.

It'd be a publicity nightmare for them if they let him wrestle again.

I was impressed with the Naito/Ibushi match

But holy fuck how he kick out of that piledriver off the second rope.
If any, way too many kickouts

Heroman

Banned
Difference is they didn't have any of those guys publicly show up on Raw in front of millions of people, tearfully retire due to concussions and give up the world title.

It'd be a publicity nightmare for them if they let him wrestle again.
From who?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
From who?

Concussions are a big deal right now, they are involved in an active lawsuit about CTE. If they let a wrestler back on the active roster who retired due to concussions and at the time assumed brain damage it's going to be a colossal shitshow. The news would jump all over that.

Zach

It's twenty seventeen, Zach. Can't a guy befriend an emotional support pet in the form of a stuffed cat in order to cope with the loss of a title belt that he believed was sentient and called Mr. Belt? Jeez.
Yes. All of that is fine. But the other guys are doing movez on thing. Am I to believe that they are also mentally distressed? I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Concussions are a big deal right now, they are involved in an active lawsuit about CTE. If they let a wrestler back on the active roster who retired due to concussions and at the time assumed brain damage it's going to be a colossal shitshow. The news would jump all over that.

You would have thought the news would have jumped all over them for pushing a bipolar man into deep depression and then trying to fire him for it, but that all lasted about two weeks in the news cycle.

Asuka vs. Sasha/Charlotte could be just based on the story of Asuka going against the two top women in WWE who have accomplished all they did.

I've just lost interest in most of the female performers since they moved up. They occasionally have decent matches, but nothing on the level of their bouts at Takeovers. Storywise I stopped giving a damn about anybody other and Becky who they've not done anything with in forever.

I guess Carmella going to cash in only to be KOed by Asuka then having her steal the case might be okay?

I've just lost interest in most of the female performers since they moved up. They occasionally have decent matches, but nothing on the level of their bouts at Takeovers. Storywise I stopped giving a damn about anybody other and Becky who they've not done anything with in forever.

Charlotte has definitely had multiple matches better than anything she did in NXT.

Charlotte has definitely had multiple matches better than anything she did in NXT.

Without a doubt, but I don't think her NXT matches were good to begin with and her main roster matches haven't reached the heights of Sasha/Becky or Sashy/Bayley and the buildups have all been forgettable.

I remember Becky coming up from nowhere to challenge the belt and being punked by Sasha at the signing. I remember everything about the story of Sasha/Bayley. The main roster has been a blur of forced teams, Rick Flair bullshit, and meaningless title switches.

somedevil

Well it seems a good chunk of the NXT roster for takeover are still in florida due to 10 hour flight delays. Good job delta

DHjisLoVoAAqjF3.jpg:large

Includes Gargano as well.

Without a doubt, but I don't think her NXT matches were good to begin with and her main roster matches haven't reached the heights of Sasha/Becky or Sashy/Bayley and the buildups have all been forgettable.

I remember Becky coming up from nowhere to challenge the belt and being punked by Sasha at the signing. I remember everything about the story of Sasha/Bayley. The main roster has been a blur of forced teams, Rick Flair bullshit, and meaningless title switches.

I liked the story and match of her first match with Sasha. After the draft.

I would put it pretty even with the Becky match. Maybe slightly below.

Does he have some kind of previous record or something?

He's only popped up in the last few weeks. The only other "info" he's shared is that Nakamura is winning at SS and Owens/Shane is happening at HIAC.

mrboo001

Banned
Hi all, I mostly lurk here but I do post during the GWF streams and have posted here before and... fuck I just need to vent:

My half-brother (we are Canadian) who currently lives in Texas told me he thinks Trump "God's Gift" to America. Bunch of trash options in the spoilers:

Also today, spent an hour telling me that the "Left" is all about murder and the destruction of America & Western culture and Totalitarianism and that Anarchists are Right wing. Also said all forms of Diversity is something to be avoided, "Main Stream" Media is a conspiracy against the "truth" (when I bring up Fox News as the high rated News Network he says that doesn't count) and said that Middle Eastern culture is a "1000" years behind and that...
ugh I'm stopping.

Important thing is guy has become a fucking asshole. My Utah Mormon brother-in-law and my Canadian Mormon sister considers him extreme and my Mom thinks he is crazy.

I'm sorry for the venting but I had my grandmother's funeral and the asshole though the hour drive over was the best time to try to brain wash me. Fuck him.

Oh, and my nearly 80 year old senile dad also love Trump, but I suspect that is just because he's just as much of a sexist bigoted pig and that Trump allows him to touch women less than half his age in public (policy wise he would be against most of Trumps stuff, until you tell him Trump likes it).

Just.... Jesus fucking Christ I'm still mad about it.

To be on topic: the new Southpaw stuff was funny, helped me get my mind off things and G1 Climax cements this as a top 5 greatest years for any promotion.

MC Safety

Is it really so hard to understand that he's passionate about wrestling? He got 3 doctors telling him he's fine, his wife supports him, he doesn't want to sit at home and do nothing, especially in his prime years. He wants to wrestle.

It's not hard at all. It's harder to understand why, after repeated concussions and other injuries, that he's chosen to prioritize wrestling over, say, his wife, a life free of complications, and a newborn child.

Maybe the doctors are right, maybe their assessments are off. But Bryan isn't Randy the Rocket, wrestling because that's the only thing he knows. He's transitioned to a character actor nicely, and can use his popularity and charm without having to risk cumulative injury.

Because, ultimately, we are talking about injury that is cumulative. And debilitating.

Why, because you hate asian women or something? Come on man, I thought you were better than that...

It's held the division back. At one point the NXT women's division was all about growing stars from nothing to the point where they put on some of the best matches of the year. Asuka hasn't developed at all since she started.

I don't think she's a bad talent (though I genuinely think she needs Paul Heyman on the main roster) but she should have never been in NXT and has killed the division. I like Ember because she puts on great matches, Ruby's the same but she can talk and has a fab look, Nikki's amazing, Iconic have come a long way and are nailing their gimmick. The issue is that when they get put with Asuka they haven't got anything to work with beyond a cocky woman who's going to win. The only interesting part of her reign is that she had to cheat to beat Ember then injured her, she's had no other story of any kind with any of the other women.

I like Asuka a lot. When she started up in NXT I defended her flash submission finishes. However, she's been boring as heck.

Foggy

Watching that 3rd On the Road video with Kenny Omega at the LA G1 Special and it's bringing back a load of memories. What an awesome weekend.

Nobody can say Kenny didn't give a lot to NJPW and to wrestling in general. The Dominion draw, 3 matches in two days in LA just a couple weeks afterwards with 2 of those matches being very high level, and then his G1 run that culminated in two stunning matches in a 24 hour period. It's genuinely remarkable and should be talked about for a very long time.

Southpaw was fairly entertaining, but I'm done unless there's some actual wrasslin' involved. It can be tongue-in-cheek southern wrasslin', but I need some wrasslin'.

Just gimme a parody of Saturday Night's Main Event but like only 20 minutes, once a week on the Network. Enough time for 2-3 matches, weave in the 5-7 minutes of stuff like we got on the Youtube show and plenty of paid advertising to make it profitable. The crew would love it, the wrestlers would love it and it sure seems like the writers would love it. Add some damn value to the Network.

Anth0ny

Its currently 11:22pm and the NXT roster is still stuck in florida and not in NY.

they should get fans in the territory to drive them to the wrestling matches

little known fact: my grandfather used to pick up bruno sammartino from the airport and drive him to maple leaf gardens back in the day. seriously.

Top Bottom