• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Zach

QifJ4NM.gifv

Menome

I can't find the original quote, so I'll quote this:

Not feeling a lot of the new Arcade Fire album either. It starts off pretty well, then it meanders along a bit. Put Your Money On Me is superb, but much like with previous album Reflektor which I wasn't keen on either, it's a highlight amongst a bunch of so-so tunes.

XenoRaven

Yea they really need to fill that gap, they are missing the "super unsafe cunt of a wrestler who endangers his own and his opponents life every time he steps in the ring" guy.

They definitely need to get on that.
I mean I don't agree that he was unsafe or that he was endangering anyone's life, but there's really not much of a gap. They still have Ishii, who is just as, if not more crazy.

Zach

Yeah, Menome Genome, I'll try to remember to give it another listen soon, but I don't know if I care. Which kinda says it all, I guess.

And I'm in the middle of listening to and rating NPR's 150 Greatest Albums Made by Women sooo... >_>

kiguel182

How was today’s Climax? Still haven’t watched it but last day was great.

Also, Vince thinking AJ was a fluke is something else. Now that I’m watching NJPW the fact that WWE raided them is depressing.

Menome

Yeah, Menome Genome, I'll try to remember to give it another listen soon, but I don't know if I care. Which kinda says it all, I guess.

And I'm in the middle of listening to and rating NPR's 150 Greatest Albums Made by Women sooo... >_>

Never For Ever or Hounds of Love by Kate Bush had better be in there.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can't find the original quote, so I'll quote this:

Not feeling a lot of the new Arcade Fire album either. It starts off pretty well, then it meanders along a bit. Put Your Money On Me is superb, but much like with previous album Reflektor which I wasn't keen on either, it's a highlight amongst a bunch of so-so tunes.

Win wants to be diet LCD Soundsystem so badly and it is killing the band. That stretch of Peter Pan, Chemistry, & Infinite Content - just horrendous.

Zach

Oh, and I've heard a lot of these albums before obvs, but I'm giving them all a listen before rating anyway. Because I'm a weirdo.

I can confirm this. It's not the greatest story ever but the character writing is second to none. Super Giant manage to nail understated story like nobody else.

I just want Omega vs Ibushi on a main event NJ level. I don't care about what titles they hold.

I am about 5 hours in give or take right now and am LOVING it. Might be one of my favorite games of this year so far. I think I am enjoying it more immediately than Bastion (which I didn't really like) and Transistor (that I really enjoyed).

They are way better as a live band in any case and I feel like the new album will be the same way. For better or worse.

Arcade Fire are great live but I still don't rate them next to My Bloody Valentine, Swans, Boris, Ben Frost, Xiu Xiu, Einstürzende Neubauten, Neurosis etc that produce really, really memorable live shows.

I have mentioned multiple times but Xiu Xiu doing their Twin Peaks set live is seriously phenomenal and something to always keep an eye on. The way they close that show is monstrously horrific.

Quoting from old thread because I love music recommendations and I can't wait to listen to all this stuff, gonna listen to the new Arcade Fire tomorrow

Kurita

Man, Joe's ice cold "Hey you look at me when I'm talking to you" to Lesnar two weeks ago on RAW is still dope to watch

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's bullshit that Goldberg gets to keep his WCW theme after all these years but Sting can't.

Sting.

Sting.

STING! The icon! The goddamn face of WCW and they gave him some bullshit theme and jobbed him out in his WWE debut.

Quoting from old thread because I love music recommendations and I can't wait to listen to all this stuff, gonna listen to the new Arcade Fire tomorrow

Cool, I hope you will enjoy what you hear. Those bands cover a lot of genres and some stuff can be inaccessible. Some of the most mindblowing live shows I have seen.

Menome

Win wants to be diet LCD Soundsystem so badly and it is killing the band. That stretch of Peter Pan, Chemistry, & Infinite Content - just horrendous.

If they want to carry on this diet-disco sound, I'd be happy if they just followed the route of Put Your Money On Me and became a new version of ABBA. At least there'd be catchy melodies then.

In other news, I forgot the Nintendo-move that Nintendo made with Super Mario 64 DS: You don't even get to start the game as Mario. You have to collect 8 stars with fucking Yoshi first, then complete a special level to rescue Mario.

It's bullshit that Goldberg gets to keep his WCW theme after all these years but Sting can't.

Sting.

Sting.

STING! The icon! The goddamn face of WCW and they gave him some bullshit theme and jobbed him out in his WWE debut.

His match against 3H at WM was the final nail in the coffin.

LOL, just got home to find that my neighbour waited until I went on holiday to have the big tree behind our houses cut down. Words will be had, they will not be pretty. Why are people such cowardly fucking useless cunts?

Haha, Stan was not at all happy with that match - gives Kojima the right to call his lariat the Western Lariat, then he goes and hits about a half-dozen in the space of ten minutes.

LOL, just got home to find that my neighbour waited until I went on holiday to have the big tree behind our houses cut down. Words will be had, they will not be pretty. Why are people such cowardly fucking useless cunts?
Did he think you wouldn't notice? "Whoaaa neighbor, I think you've been gone for too long! What tree?"

That's when you hit him with this
tumblr_o3ikyeBeZN1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Did he think you wouldn't notice? "Whoaaa neighbor, I think you've been gone for too long! What tree?"

lol, probably, he is a complete fucking cretin. Had a tree surgeon round previously because he was worried it might fall over on his house, but the guy told him the tree was over 60 years old, perfectly healthy and in no danger of falling. Evidently he didn't like that assessment and just went and had it done anyways. I'd guess he's just planning on avoiding me, or hopes that I'd somehow be happy that our back gardens are now completely exposed to the railway line?

Anth0ny

Don't know man. I think Vince is just insane, were as AJ is a bigot

I mean...

Top Contributors, federal election data for Donald Trump, 2016 cycle

CONTRIBUTOR TOTAL

Renaissance Technologies $15,511,600

McMahon Ventures $6,002,700

GH Palmer Assoc $5,005,400

Mountaire Corp $2,013,500

Houston Texans $2,010,800

-_-

Top Bottom