• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Vader not shooting on Shawn is the most respect I've ever lost for Vader.

How you gonna let him do that shit. How are you not going to just get up and break his nose for him trying to ruin your career? 'because you'll get fired.' You're fucking Vader. You can go back to NJPW and keep your aura intact.

I believe getting the shit knocked out of him by a baby armed Paul Orndorff ruined his ego and self-esteem for the rest of his career. It was after that fight when he started putting on the weight and turning into a legit fat guy instead of hoss fat wrestler guy. All leading to his terrible WWF run and crying on TV calling himself a fat piece of shit. Mr. Wonderful bodied his soul. So much so that he became afraid of HBK.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So apparently Arena Mexico already sold out due to Wagner & Park
I believe getting the shit knocked out of him by a baby armed Paul Orndorff ruined his ego and self-esteem for the rest of his career. It was after that fight when he started putting on the weight and turning into a legit fat guy instead of hoss fat wrestler guy. All leading to his terrible WWF run and crying on TV calling himself a fat piece of shit. Mr. Wonderful bodied his soul. So much so that he became afraid of HBK.

I believe most people would get their ass kicked by a baby armed Orndorff. It's all about the food chain. He was never going to beat up Meng or Barbarian, but he could have kept his pride enough to say, 'well at least i can beat up this little shit'

PInk Tape

Banned
I know I should, but I don't have DatQuadruple :(

Maybe once I'm done moving next week and I get my final Best Buy check. I'll be heading to Washington state for a possible job at Nintendo (I applied after I knew I was moving, not before).

#Pray4Beef'sPossibleNintyJob
UVsLkGi.gif

Umm... It was only a matter of time, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yall should watch that CMLL main event when it goes up. Crowd went nuts for Park/Rush and Atlantis/Sombra. Park and Rush headbutted each other stiff as f uck
For tonight's show? Because that would be amazing for a non Aniversary show.

I hope CMLL is willing to open up their wallets for that Mask match Park & Wagner have been shopping around.

That's what they said. Don't know if it's 'sold out sold out' but someone there said it's impossible to get in
CM_BFu7WcAA-rws.png:large

CNjAltmXAAA5H48.png:large

Is there a better WWE match, from the build to the match to the atmosphere, than Punk vs. Cena at MitB 2011? I mean, they completely fucked it up afterwards, but the build and the match itself were incredible. There were people who legitimately believed Punk could be the next Austin coming off of it. Probably the prime example of WWE not knowing what to do with a hot commodity even when they fall backwards into it.

Striker

Is there a better WWE match, from the build to the match to the atmosphere, than Punk vs. Cena at MitB 2011? I mean, they completely fucked it up afterwards, but the build and the match itself were incredible. There were people who legitimately believed Punk could be the next Austin coming off of it. Probably the prime example of WWE not knowing what to do with a hot commodity even when they fall backwards into it.
Two easy ones off the top of my head.

Bret Hart-Steve Austin from Nov '96 until that following Mania clash
Ultimate Warrior-Hulk Hogan from the '90 Rumble to the Title for Title match at Mania

Everything from promos, commentary, atmosphere, everything you can ask for. Both feuds were magic. Bret-Austin is more dear to me because of the whole double turn and how incredible Bret became of it.

Two easy ones off the top of my head.

Bret Hart-Steve Austin from Nov '96 until that following Mania clash
Ultimate Warrior-Hulk Hogan from the '90 Rumble to the Title for Title match at Mania

Everything from promos, commentary, atmosphere, everything you can ask for. Both feuds were magic. Bret-Austin is more dear to me because of the whole double turn and how incredible Bret became of it.

I wasn't sure around for either of those, but I think the Hogan-Warrior match is garbage. The build is great, as is the atmosphere, but the match is plain bad. And Hogan kicking out at three and then grandstanding like a motherfucker the entire post-match is awful.

Austin-Bret I can see a legit argument for, and it's one of the only ones I can. Hogan/Warrior was great right up until the actual match.

xTOOLx

FallingEdge, nice meeting you buddy. I wish I could have said hi to tm24 but I lost track of where you were tm. BOLA Night 1 was awesome and I hope you guys had fun too!

I saw people posting Flair stories earlier. A few years ago, someone posted on the old WrestlingClassics message board about Flair's insanity at the Halloween Havoc 1990 post-show party at a local bar:

As an aside, I don't know why but later that night the guys had the wildest post-show party I've ever seen, complete with multiple examples of "Why Ric Flair will someday be broke".

No pictures. This was 1990, back when people could actually have fun and not worry about people recording things on their cell phones and posting them on the internet.

Flair got the mic from the DJ and did a five minute Black Scorpion impersonation. There's no way to make it funny in print, but it was hilarious.

What was scary was that Flair when asked the guy for the mic, the DJ said he couldn't let him do it- it might get him fired. After a bit of bantering Flair pulled out his wallet, piling $50 and $100 bills until the guy finally agreed to let Flair have the mic for only five minutes, all under the guise that Flair grabbed the mic without permission. At which point Arn Anderson menacingly barked out "that's what the fuck you should have done in the first place and kept your goddamned money".

All told, I'd say Flair spent about $600 of 1990 money for that five minutes of fun. On top of that, he was buying drinks for everyone in sight.

While I'm gossiping, Flair was AMAZING with the women. He'd meet a girl, walk out with her, and come back about an hour later, looking a bit messier than he did when he left. I only saw him do it twice on this night, but I've seen him do it three times.

Speaking of Arn, when I asked how he was doing he got straight to the point. "I need to get laid TONIGHT- no bullshit. I've got enough cum built up to shampoo a moose". I was dying laughing and he looked at me and said "what, you've never heard that one before?".

No, I hadn't. Good times.

Gonzalez

Banned
I saw people posting Flair stories earlier. A few years ago, someone posted on the old WrestlingClassics message board about Flair's insanity at the Halloween Havoc 1990 post-show party at a local bar:
Flair is way too generous of a human being. He is charitable outside the ring, and was charitable inside ring when he made average guys like Luger, and Kerry Von Erich look like a million bucks when he didn't have to.

Top Bottom