• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

So can I do it on an individual device level? Other than pcs I mean. Not sure how fine the control is on my bone for example.

I have it set up manually on my pc, Xbone, PS4 and ios devices. The software on my netgear router wouldn't allow me to change my dns. So I just did it manually on all the devices I use. It's really straightforward.

Shaneus

So can I do it on an individual device level? Other than pcs I mean. Not sure how fine the control is on my bone for example.
Not really. You can enable/disable it as a whole per device by altering DNS settings per device, but there's no easy way to configure multiple devices in the same location to use different regions in Getflix.

Are you talking about just enabling/disabling it depending on device as a whole? Or just "I only want to use US Netflix on my bone, but I also want to use UK Netflix on my other devices". Because former is easy, latter is impossible.

Ah, but asking the folks (or a sibling) to be guarantors covers all that regardless of my ability (and not counting the time taken) to save. Not to mention, not counting the money I'd be saving by living in my own place immediately and not shelling out rent *while* I'm trying to save. That's a goddamn killer :/

I'm not worried about trusting their DNS or something, I'm more just concerned that I might accidentally pull the rug out from someone's feet if I switch regions to watch something for myself and every flix user in the home gets auto-switched to the other regions too. And vice versa, if I want to switch back to Aus but they were enjoying American or whatever. So local device settings would be ideal.

senahorse

I'm not worried about trusting their DNS or something, I'm more just concerned that I might accidentally pull the rug out from someone's feet if I switch regions to watch something for myself and every flix user in the home gets auto-switched to the other regions too. And vice versa, if I want to switch back to Aus but they were enjoying American or whatever. So local device settings would be ideal.

Yeah that's fair enough, I am not sure if it uses DNS just for the initial search and play or if it periodically checks. But in that case probably just best to set it up on your device. By bone, I assume you mean xbone? If so you shouldn't have any issues setting it up there.

Komo

Banned
Is Netflix actively adding new content? I swear I keep seeing shows I haven't seen in the normal lists every couple of days

Big sale at Target Thursday

Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Combo Pack $28
Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack $34
Skylanders Swap Force Starter Packs $20

Disney Intinity 2.0 Playsets $14
Disney Infinity 2.0 Characters $7.50

Playstation 3 500GB Console + Gran Turismo 6 $294
Nintendo 2DS Console + Animal Crossing & Puppies World $169

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS $47
Monster Hunter Ultimate 3DS $47
Pokémon Alpha Or Omega Ruby 3DS $47
Super Smash Bros 3DS $47
The Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS $47

Destiny PS4 Or XB1 $49

Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the Whatever "remaster" PS4 Or XB1 $69

Wii Remote Plus $59 Save $10
Call Of Duty Ghosts XB1/PS4/PS3.XB360 $20
Fifa 14 XB1/PS4/PS3/XB360 $20
Titanfall XB1 $20

Rayman Origins 3DS $10
Fifa 13 Wii U $10

Is Netflix actively adding new content? I swear I keep seeing shows I haven't seen in the normal lists every couple of days

Yup. Trackers for UK and US. Haven't seen an AU one yet.

Get on it Choc!

Gazunta

Telstra upped my bandwidth today, guess they've forstalled their execution for a few months yet.

I am loving Netflix. Not a huge movie guy but have already found ourselves not going to the cinema over the weekend and watching some movies we haven't seen yet. Looking forward to them adding more TV shows of the type you can just leave on in the background and not really pay attention to ala Law & Order. But always onward and upward from here! AND DAREDEVIL NEXT MONTH IT'S MAHVEL TIME BABY

Question about Presto: is the Simpsons on Presto? Coz that would be great. Otherwise fuck Presto.

Telstra upped my bandwidth today, guess they've forstalled their execution for a few months yet.

I am loving Netflix. Not a huge movie guy but have already found ourselves not going to the cinema over the weekend and watching some movies we haven't seen yet. Looking forward to them adding more TV shows of the type you can just leave on in the background and not really pay attention to ala Law & Order. But always onward and upward from here! AND DAREDEVIL NEXT MONTH IT'S MAHVEL TIME BABY

Question about Presto: is the Simpsons on Presto? Coz that would be great. Otherwise fuck Presto.

Expect to see this after every few episodes "Are you still watching?"

Shaneus

Spotify is so fucking awesome on PS4. I'm going to start curating potential DC playlists on the go and enjoy the fuck out of them at home. Cannae wait.

Watching Into Darkness for the first time since theatres.

Why is the super-ship just a larger version of the Enterprise? Ye Gods. Most of a regular starfleet ship is civilian crap. Hence why the Defiant was actually much smaller than most ships despite being more powerful.

Shaneus

Loved the linking functionality of it, though. Had enough hassle when logging in with other apps (like via my WDTV) but this was painless as hell. Press the sync button on my phone when on my home wifi and that was it.

Navigation is quite the cunt, but I guess as long as you do all your organisation and playlist stuff elsewhere, it isn't much of an issue.

Watching Into Darkness for the first time since theatres.

Why is the super-ship just a larger version of the Enterprise? Ye Gods. Most of a regular starfleet ship is civilian crap. Hence why the Defiant was actually much smaller than most ships despite being more powerful.

Check the writing credits for STID and be thankful Simon Pegg is co-writing the next one without any of the people who wrote the first two.

I liked most of it first time. 2nd time I knew which bits sucked- basically the terrible fan service but being terribly original by swapping certain roles and of course, Cumberbatch- brilliant actor- completely miscast in this as he's supposed to be
Khan Noonian Singh
. 3rd time, I just swallowed my hate and enjoyed it for what it was, a popcorn flick. I have blu rays of TOS and TNG when I want to watch old school Star Trek.

r1chard

Gah, all of a sudden today my daughter's PC started crawling playing Minecraft. Like, horrid 2 FPS frame rate. At the same time, the gadgets on her desktop disappeared - they were still on disk, but the gadget configuration interface wouldn't come up at all WTF. Have spent the rest of the day/evening running virus checkers (nothing), disk checkers (all fine), memory checkers (all fine), deleting the gadgets folder and finally upgrading the nvidia drivers. And everything appears OK now. No fricking idea what the hell happened with the gadgets (a network monitor and a cpu usage thing that I have also got installed on my desktop). No idea why Minecraft of all things decided to start barfing. But it works now. At least I didn't have to reinstall Windows...

PC 4 lyfe? Hm.

Oh, neat. Not that I travel into Mitcham much these days.

Yagharek

Im thinking I might get the Star Trek TNG on bluray (full box set seems to be a recent release). I like watching it in the background on tv on sunday shifts.

I also never knew that the Orbital track Time Becomes there was a quote/sample from an episode. "There is this theory of the Mobius. a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop".

Quasar

The spotify app seems laggy on my ps4.

Is that just me?

I didn't notice lag from my brief play, though I don't see myself using it beyond this play. really wished it was Google Play Music or some other service that had a locker as part of it for all the music in my library that these services all lack.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the PS4 Plex client to include the music support.

hamchan

Played some DBZ Xenoverse while playing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the background. Yeah Spotify on PS4 is pretty good.

hidys

So it seems like the lag issue with PS4 Spotify only happened when I was downloading something, even though it wasn't happening on my desktop or mobile.

I'm shitty about no last.fm integration though, I guess that's exclusive to Xbox One.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Lots of talk about Bloodborne but nary a whisper about Pillars of Eternity in Ausgaf. Is it because not many here are playing it, or is it because you are so glued to the game you have no time to post? I was shocked last night to find Steam saying I have played it for 28 hours (probably a few idle hours there) and I only started playing on Friday afternoon and have only just finished Act 1. The game is nothing short of incredible and all I can think of sitting here at work this morning is getting home so I can play more of it. It's only March and there have already been a number of exceptional games (Grow Home, Ori and the Blind Forest, Cities: Skylines and now Pillars of Eternity), has been a great year so far for me :D. Divinity and Wasteland last year, Pillars of Eternity and (maybe) Torment: Tides of Numenera this year, for a genre that was stale/dead it's going pretty damn good. Obsidian have once again exceeded my expectations, if you have any fondness of the CRPG you need to play this game.

Yeah it's fucking awesome.

I wish I could play it now..

But fucking assignments.

Shaneus

For anyone with a 360/Bone, that Fast and the Furious Horizon 2 game thing is available for download. It's free, even if you don't have gold. I bought it for both, even though I only have a 360.

Only free for another week or so though, I think.

Stackboy

The Netflix CEO said something about being pretty aggressive with additions to Aus Netflix. You'll see new content days, weeks and months at a time. iinet said 15% of all their traffic came from Aus Netflix content in the last few days. That's pretty massive for a new service.

Yup. Trackers for UK and US. Haven't seen an AU one yet.

Thanks for these, bookmarked!

Spotify is up on PS4 peeps. You can run through the Android app which is awesome.

Pretty keen to use this for when I'm playing MP games.

Going to buy BF:Hardline for PC today. $60 from ozgameshop seems to be the cheapest. Been watching plenty of twitch streams, keen for another pc mp shooter at the moment, will fit the bill.

jambo

Im thinking I might get the Star Trek TNG on bluray (full box set seems to be a recent release). I like watching it in the background on tv on sunday shifts.

The blu-rays are amazing! Season 2 has some rough effects, but the rest is perfect.

Shaneus

Pretty keen to use this for when I'm playing MP games.
It works really, really well. I don't know if you ever used the music player for 360 when it first came out (when you could first use custom soundtracks... or was that always a thing?), but it's exactly like that. Very well done, despite the client itself being WAY too basic. Such a cunt to navigate with the controller.

It works really, really well. I don't know if you ever used the music player for 360 when it first came out (when you could first use custom soundtracks... or was that always a thing?), but it's exactly like that. Very well done, despite the client itself being WAY too basic. Such a cunt to navigate with the controller.

Use your phone.

Stackboy

The only time I used the 360 music player was when I wanted custom playlists in SSX and had to rip all my cds I wanted to play to my HD. It did a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom