• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

OléGunner;238802307 said:
Fuck you Trump.

This climate deal is suppose to help less well off folks in my home country of Zambia long term where things like drought and insane floods are harming our growing agricultural industry where a lot of the population earn their coin.

Back in 2015, I always thought the US would be key in such efforts to stabilise the climate but it's clear now, the rest of the world just has to do this thing on their own.

Hopefully once the orange twat is gone after 4 years
or impeached
, we can have a US president who actually believes in climate change.

Again, fuck you Trump.

Agree that this is a good deal for smaller, developing nations. For the US, not so much.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did people really think he wouldn't? He wouldn't have made it such a story then. This is going to happen.

Agree that this is a good deal for smaller, developing nations. For the US, not so much.
Is the US not on this planet? Fuck you if you support this shit.

Did people really think he wouldn't? He wouldn't have made it such a story then. This is going to happen.

Is the US not on this planet? Fuck you if you support this shit.

He's promised lots of stuff that he hasn't followed through on. I wouldn't fault anyone at this point for being surprised when he follows through on a campaign promise.

That said, I don't have any time for the people who voted for him on a presumption that he wouldn't fulfill his promises.

Armaros

I guess letting China and India supply everyone's need for renewable energy technology is worth spitting in the face of the rest of the world?

Obviously no money in the top of the market.

Rubenov

giphy.gif

Pretty much the source and motivation for Trump's actions.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Should there be any less outrage?
There should be a general strike if you ask me. I hope it will have global consequences for the US.

I was mostly answering the last post on the last page. What I mean is that he could've clarified this all week. With a tweet even. But he didn't and that told you everything you needed to know.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;238803324 said:
Don't forget these assholes from the GOP:

U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), senior member of the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee, and Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) today sent a letter to President Trump calling for the United States to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement.

The letter was also signed by:

Sens. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.),
John Cornyn (R-Texas),
Roy Blunt (R-Mo.),
Roger Wicker (R-Miss.),
Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.),
Mike Crapo (R-Idaho),
Jim Risch (R-Idaho),
Thad Cochran (R-Miss.),
Mike Rounds (R-S.D.),
Rand Paul (R-Ky),
John Boozman (R-Ark.),
Richard Shelby (R-Ala.),
Luther Strange (R-Ala.),
Orrin Hatch (R-Utah),
Mike Lee (R-Utah),
Ted Cruz (R-Texas),
David Perdue (R-Ga.),
Thom Tillis (R-N.C.),
Tim Scott (R-S.C.),
Pat Roberts (R-Kan.).

https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/newsr...g-for-withdrawal-from-paris-climate-agreement

https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/download/paris-letter

and people think Trump is getting impeached with these people in the power?

cameron

The audience for the 3 p.m. Rose Garden event will include Thomas Pyle, president of the American Energy Alliance — a group that has received some of its past funding from billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch — and some of his policy staff. Also present will be Competitive Enterprise Institute Director Myron Ebell, who briefly led Trump's transition efforts at the EPA, and members of CEI's Center for Energy and Environment.

The Heritage Foundation is sending founder Ed Feulner, Vice President Jack Spencer, Senior Vice President Bridgett Wagner, policy analyst Katie Tubb and Mike Needham, who runs Heritage Action.

All three groups waged an intensive campaign to persuade the administration to pull out of the deal.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/trump-climate-announcement-attendees-239025
Cavalcade of ignorance and spite.

I know what i want to say, but i won't say it, because it will probably get me banned.

I will just say, as I have said before, FUCK ALL REPUBLICANS. There isn't a such thing as a "good republican." If you are a good person, you are not republican. It's that fucking simple.

I will never again have empathy/sympathy for anybody that votes for these people. I don't give a shit if you and your family are starving or fucking dying from disease. I will point and laugh at you. That's exactly what you want. That's exactly what you will fucking get.

Rest of the world, you have duty to humanity to curtail this bullshit. Sanction the US. Do what you have to do. Fuck our economy to shit.

theWB27

There should be a general strike if you ask me. I hope it will have global consequences for the US.

I was mostly answering the last post on the last page. What I mean is that he could've clarified this all week. With a tweet even. But he didn't and that told you everything you needed to know.

Gotcha.

Oh thank God its 4 years at least. Maybe we'll have Trump gone and we can just instantly cancel the fucking withdrawal.

The 4 years bit is probably what Ivanka and Co. bargained for. My guess is part of the negotiation was to follow the legal withdrawal of the Paris deal instead of the brute force withdrawal of the entire UN accord, which only would take around a year.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
4 years? Well if that is not a great attack ad not to reelect Trump. Destroy the earth, or vote for Donald Dump.

Easy decision for anyone with a working brain.

That ad literally writes itself. Makes me think he's leaving the Paris agreement just so he can't get re-elected.

NPR just had on the lawmaker who brought in a snowball to say climate change was a hoax. They just let him spew bullshit about the Paris agreement and barely challenged him. It's infuriating that NPR has people like this on.

So basically, he gets the best of both worlds. His supporters love him because he's keeping the campaign promise. Yet US is still in the pact, long enough for a new President to stay in the accord. Thus making the new President hated by Trumps base.

Shoeless

Easy decision for anyone with a working brain.

Unfortunately, American election results have already proven that a lot of people can have that working brain short circuited by hiding all the other bad stuff behind xenophobic rhetoric. When you've even got 53% of white women voting against their own rights because they're more scared of foreigners than they are of having control of their own bodies taken away from them, that really says something.

Top Bottom