• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

Fuck you Trump.

This climate deal is suppose to help less well off folks in my home country of Zambia long term where things like drought and insane floods are harming our growing agricultural industry where a lot of the population earn their coin.

Back in 2015, I always thought the US would be key in such efforts to stabilise the climate but it's clear now, the rest of the world just has to do this thing on their own.

Hopefully once the orange twat is gone after 4 years
or impeached
, we can have a US president who actually believes in climate change.

Again, fuck you Trump.

Don't forget these assholes from the GOP:

U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), senior member of the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee, and Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) today sent a letter to President Trump calling for the United States to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement.

The letter was also signed by:

Sens. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.),
John Cornyn (R-Texas),
Roy Blunt (R-Mo.),
Roger Wicker (R-Miss.),
Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.),
Mike Crapo (R-Idaho),
Jim Risch (R-Idaho),
Thad Cochran (R-Miss.),
Mike Rounds (R-S.D.),
Rand Paul (R-Ky),
John Boozman (R-Ark.),
Richard Shelby (R-Ala.),
Luther Strange (R-Ala.),
Orrin Hatch (R-Utah),
Mike Lee (R-Utah),
Ted Cruz (R-Texas),
David Perdue (R-Ga.),
Thom Tillis (R-N.C.),
Tim Scott (R-S.C.),
Pat Roberts (R-Kan.).

https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/newsr...g-for-withdrawal-from-paris-climate-agreement

https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/download/paris-letter

fireflame

Reagan in many ways began the radicalisation of the GOP that we see today. Trump is like Reagan on steroids, they are actually very similar.

He didn't boost the economy, he popularized and brainwashed a generation into believing "trickle down," a theory that giving tax cuts to the wealthy and cutting social programs for the poor is good for the economy. The theory has been proven wrong through empirical studies multiple times over, but it remains the modus operandi of the Republican party to this day.

Reagan was also a racist piece of shit who popularized a lot of the common racist political dog whistles (welfare queens). He pushed policies in his "war on drugs" and slashing of social programs with the goal of disproportionately locking up and financially ravaging minority people and families. One of his first campaign speeches was about "states rights" (the rallying cry of those opposed to civil rights in the 60s) less than 7 miles from the site where civil rights workers had been murdered by racists.

Then there's also the Iran-Contra scandal, which you really should just look up because it's so ridiculous he got away with it.

Basically, many of the worst aspects of the Republican party today can be traced to Reagan. Yet he's been propped up as some sort of mythical Jesus figure by his party, and the media largely goes along with it, so most (white people) in America have a favorable opinion of him.

Is there a reason why he is shown under a positive angle by our history books in France? What we were taught about him never mentioned all those elements.

Reagan in many ways began the radicalisation of the GOP that we see today. Trump is like Reagan on steroids, they are actually very similar.

He didn't boost the economy, he popularized and brainwashed a generation into believing "trickle down," a theory that giving tax cuts to the wealthy and cutting social programs for the poor is good for the economy. The theory has been proven wrong through empirical studies multiple times over, but it remains the modus operandi of the Republican party to this day.

Reagan was also a racist piece of shit who popularized a lot of the common racist political dog whistles (welfare queens). He pushed policies in his "war on drugs" and slashing of social programs with the goal of disproportionately locking up and financially ravaging minority people and families. One of his first campaign speeches was about "states rights" (the rallying cry of those opposed to civil rights in the 60s) less than 7 miles from the site where civil rights workers had been murdered by racists.

Then there's also the Iran-Contra scandal, which you really should just look up because it's so ridiculous he got away with it.

Basically, many of the worst aspects of the Republican party today can be traced to Reagan. Yet he's been propped up as some sort of mythical Jesus figure by his party, and the media largely goes along with it, so most (white people) in America have a favorable opinion of him.

And when it came to gays and the aids epidemic, Reagan was pretty much a fucking murderer.

KingK

Is there a reason why he is shown under a positive angle by our history books in France? What we were taught about him never mentioned all those elements.
I'm not sure. I would guess it had to do with him being lucky enough to be the one in the White House as the Soviet Union began to collapse from within, so he often gets credited with "winning the cold war."

Beefy

CPbbHWG.jpg

Best case now would be China and Co replacing more and more of the rest of the American industry.

Fuck the people and their jobs, you guys aren't important anymore.

Arttemis

What the hell, MSNBC? Their pundit is on TV advocating the idea of a civil war within the White House between Ivanka and Kushner versus Bannon regarding staying or leaving the Paris Climate Agreement.

I legitimately can't believe anyone would be pushing the narrative that they're actively trying to promote anything as positive as this agreement, especially the most #complicit and #nepotistic one in the house.

What the hell, MSNBC? Their pundit is on TV advocating the idea of a civil war within the White House between Ivanka and Kushner versus Bannon regarding staying or leaving the Paris Climate Agreement.

I legitimately can't believe anyone would be pushing the narrative that they're actively trying to promote anything as positive as this agreement, especially the most #complicit and #nepotistic one in the house.

There have been plenty of reports that there is major divisions within the administration on staying in the agreement.

Vena

I don't find this hard to believe, at all. It will have negative repercussions against the family and its business if Trump slips from the accords. Trump may be too stupid to realize he'll taint his own brand and name with this bullshit, but his family are probably not quite so stupid.

If I were any of the major companies now imploring the administration to honor the accords and Trump did not listen, I would wage war on his brand and name unilaterally. If I were a state/country, I would expedite the ruination of his business ventures in my state/country.

Zolo

I'm not sure. I would guess it had to do with him being lucky enough to be the one in the White House as the Soviet Union began to collapse from within, so he often gets credited with "winning the cold war."

This is it.

we like money v. fuck the world

RootCause

It's pretty clear the dude is obsessed with Obama. It sucks that he's willing to fuck the entire planet just to get at him, and still Obama won't give him the time of the day. Sad!

ps: moderate Ivanka can fuck off too. She's worse than Donald.

Aikidoka

Someone on NPR was saying that it doesn't matter if he officially pulls out of the PAris agreement since the EPA has/is already being gutted and so there's no agency to enforce regulations anyways.

cdyhybrid

I'm only disagreeing with your ridiculous claim that Coney isn't going to say shit. I don't expect to see Trump in shackles anytime soon if ever. But I am sick of people saying 'nothing will happen' when things keep happening.
I'm not saying nothing will happen. I'm saying Comey isn't going to say anything new.

Shoeless

Someone on NPR was saying that it doesn't matter if he officially pulls out of the PAris agreement since the EPA has/is already being gutted and so there's no agency to enforce regulations anyways.

That's pretty sad, but true. If he wanted to "save face" he could just stay in the agreement, but ignore it and do whatever he feels like anyway.

Tovarisc

The audience for the 3 p.m. Rose Garden event will include Thomas Pyle, president of the American Energy Alliance — a group that has received some of its past funding from billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch — and some of his policy staff. Also present will be Competitive Enterprise Institute Director Myron Ebell, who briefly led Trump's transition efforts at the EPA, and members of CEI's Center for Energy and Environment.

The Heritage Foundation is sending founder Ed Feulner, Vice President Jack Spencer, Senior Vice President Bridgett Wagner, policy analyst Katie Tubb and Mike Needham, who runs Heritage Action.

All three groups waged an intensive campaign to persuade the administration to pull out of the deal.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/trump-climate-announcement-attendees-239025

Top Bottom