• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

FStubbs

It would be hilarious if the USA announces to leave the agreement, followed by the EU, China and India announcing extra taxes on American goods, followed by the USA canceling the leave.

Trump would never ever do this. He'd just tax their goods and start a trade war.

Pyrokai

It would be hilarious if the USA announces to leave the agreement, followed by the EU, China and India announcing extra taxes on American goods, followed by the USA canceling the leave.

What I really want to know is....if the agreement holds strong without the US, and we elect someone sensible in 2020, can the US re-enter it? I know there was something about how we can't formally withdraw until 2019 and a full removal a year later in 2020, right? Can we just hop back in or is that fantasy? Is what I'm saying even true as far as the dates?

CrunchyB

And the people who blame us for our 'funny' non-protest protests are generally from countries where labor is strongly protected. I'm sure it's great to be all high and mighty when you live in a country with most people in unions or otherwise protected by law (etc)

True, you could say that Trump is just the latest product of a social and political system that is rapidly breaking down. I suggest you do something about that. Blood was spilled over European labour laws, you know. It's not something that was magically bestowed to the continent.

You guys must realize by now that the non-US citizens of the world are getting fed up with America's bullshit? In Europe we are still dealing with the shit Dubya pulled in the ME (and Obama didn't really repair) and here comes the next clown already, with even bigger ambitions! All the while the "other" half of the US pretends they have nothing to do with any of this.

It's up to you to fix your household, the rest of the world can't do it for you. Vague promises like "Maybe things will get better in 4 years" are not good enough.

Majine

Banned
As much as I despise him, I hope Tillerson can talk sense to Donald.

We're seeing the age of America leading by example come to an abrupt end.

EU and China seems to be the new way forward.

Lautaro

Today I learned that general strikes are european privilege.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;238752561 said:
He's gone back on nearly everything.

That's true. I hope this is just like Nafta and he changes his mind with a few phone calls.

"This Paris Accord is terrible, the worst. Believe me, By time I'm done with this Accord, it'll be the greatest, bigly. It's time to put people back to work making Accords in the US! *inhales* Look at that fleet we have, you know it's called the beast right? It's amazing, they told me, I said, I told them, can we put a little more lighting inside? We gotta have more dome lights inside of the these cars! *sucks teeth* Anyway, thank you all, MAGA!"

UberTag

As much as I despise him, I hope Tillerson can talk sense to Donald.

We're seeing the age of America leading by example come to an abrupt end.

EU and China seems to be the new way forward.
I would contend that America is still leading by example.
An example of what NOT to do and who NOT to elect and a political system to NOT mirror.

UberTag

I think they already banned the area that usually protesters can be.
People should be protesting outside of that area.
People should be protesting until they ban the act of protesting in the entirety of Washington D.C.
And then they should set up a border wall outside of the city and protest there.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Germany, France, and China are all poised to be the new leaders on the world stage.

This is exactly what Trump voters want & want America to be: a nationalist, isolationist failed state led by the pinnacle of white mediocrity.

RPGCrazied

Germany, France, and China are all poised to be the new leaders on the world stage.

This is exactly what Trump voters want & want America to be: a nationalist, isolationist failed state led by the pinnacle of white mediocrity.

Is that the 1930's, is that when MAGA really is within sight?

To be fair, I think many of them would be alright with black mediocrity like Ben Carson running the show, as long as police officers were still unquestioned and MLK got to remain everyone's big cuddly teddy bear.

Edit: The 1930s saw the #1 or #2 GOAT president, Trump much more wants the US to be the 1920s, or the 1870s-1910s.

Comey has a chance to blow the door wide open. If he confirms Trump obstructed justice, he could be done.

With this GOP? They'll walk through hell itself for Trump now by all accounts.

I just can't believe we're at this point because so many shitty people were either suckered or completely apathetic.

tZf9BiY.gif

Voyr

Banned
Lol announcing it like a reality show special episode. God, what a butthurt country this was to elect a perfect moron.

RPGCrazied

How could he be done?

Doesn't he still have to go through the uncertain impeachment process?

With this GOP? They'll walk through hell itself for Trump now by all accounts.

I just can't believe we're at this point because so many shitty people were either suckered or completely apathetic.

Come on guys. That would be watergate. Even GOP aren't that stupid. They would have to act.

How could he be done?

Doesn't he still have to go through the uncertain impeachment process?
If Ossoff wins a lot of people in tighter districts are going to start getting very nervous about supporting Trump. I mean. They should already be nervous but I think it's going to take that to see it start to set in.

Top Bottom