• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azealia Banks launches racist, homophobic tirade against Zayn Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackage

My reaction to this thread was "....what....again? Huh"

Mentally ill people need to be kept off the internet for their own sake.

Azealia has been done for a while now. She's alienated Pharrell, Diplo, Disclosure, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Baauer, Lady Gaga, TI, and ASAP Rocky.

Any chance she had of being the next Nicki or Rihanna has been long gone, and she's forever going to be a c-list get on music festival lists. She's never going to get signed to a major label, never going to work with a real mover and shaker in the industry, and she's going to be resigned to ranting and posing for Playboy to be barely C-tier famous. I'm all for divorcing the art and the artist, but fuck Azealia Banks. She made good music but her persona is too toxic for me to support it anymore.

Chuckie

I'm a 45 year old white dude and those phrases are all in common use, basically everywhere.

Somebody earlier in the thread suggested you go check out PopGaf. I am warning you not to. It is basically a forbidden forest.

Outside of America? I never heard the terms before I read them on Gaf.

studyguy

One would think eventually she'd run out of bridges to burn but I guess she's still finding them where she can.
The fact that she was dropped from a festival is good, only thing that's ever shut her up seems to be someone holding off from cutting her a check.

Also this will never get old.
med_1422306974_image.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Azealia has been done for a while now. She's alienated Pharrell, Diplo, Disclosure, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Baauer, Lady Gaga, TI, and ASAP Rocky.

Any chance she had of being the next Nicki or Rihanna has been long gone, and she's forever going to be a c-list get on music festival lists. She's never going to get signed to a major label, never going to work with a real mover and shaker in the industry, and she's going to be resigned to ranting and posing for Playboy to be barely C-tier famous. I'm all for divorcing the art and the artist, but fuck Azealia Banks. She made good music but her persona is too toxic for me to support it anymore.

She had/has obvious talent, and that showed in what's she managed to release since 212, but even saying she made good music feels like a stretch.

Lol Jesus. Are you having a beef with that user?

He is just a non-native speaker who is unfamiliar with certain expressions.

Best to ignore gimmick posters and trolls.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
we have to stop giving her attention. She's actually one of those things that if we collectively ignore will fade away.

Szu

Oh Azealia when will you learn.

Oh and to prevent the usual confusion:

Zs06rIf.jpg

Pictured left: Iggy Azalea
Pictured right: Azealia Banks

One of them is a mediocre rapper with no real talent.

The other one has no talent at all.

Kinyou

She's probably still living with the shame of losing a feud with Sarah Palin.
She should have closed her account after that. Freaking Palin, who usually can't even form a coherent sentence, absolutely destroyed her. There's no way to recover from that

Mortemis

Banned
lmao how you gonna let a 14 yo Disney star slay you like that

I think that's enough threads about Azealia okay gaf? she's done

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Her entire career revolves around making outrageous tweets. It's the only reason anybody knows who she is. Why give her the attention she so desperately craves?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think she has talent, but it's clear she doesn't think she's that good of an artist. Because if she did, she wouldn't say half the stuff she does on Twitter.

BowieZ

Banned
Is this supposed to be an apology? LOL
455ddf04f2.png
Yeah, whatever. You don't even have to take offence to what she said.

For example, as a gay guy, "faggot" doesn't offend me. The notion of being gay is not an insult to me, and the word "faggot" is just a two-syllable word with a 'double-g', an 'f' and a 't'. The notion of sexuality being an insult is itself ridiculous to me (although I of course understand other more impressionable, younger gay people will take offence.)

However, IT'S JUST NOT FUCKING NICE TO SAY THINGS INTENDED TO BE MEAN.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Why do people like her and Donald Trump and many of the conservative right keep pushing this lie?

Is it a technically a lie though?

If you're not offended by anything, nobody can offend you. That's all I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are certain things people shouldn't say, but I think the statement is actually correct.

Hexa

Paki is a slur now? Wat? When did that happen? Is it a British thing? Pakistanis in America call themselves Paki all the time (me included).

jmood88

Is it a technically a lie though?

If you're not offended by anything, nobody can offend you. That's all I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are certain things people shouldn't say, but I think the statement is actually correct.
Both her and Trump, and the people who tend to say stuff like that, are some of the most sensitive people on the planet. They don't really believe that, they just want to be able to offend other people without anyone complaining about it.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Both her and Trump, and the people who tend to say stuff like that, are some of the most sensitive people on the planet. They don't really believe that, they just want to be able to offend other people without anyone complaining about it.

I'm just saying I think it's a true statement. I would definitely agree that the people who say it are just using it as an excuse to say whatever they want though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom