• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Driver - Review thread (RT: 98%)

Pandy

Yes! Just checked, and while my local cinema isn't showing it at release, they are showing it in a couple of weeks time.

Hope it does well.

gdt

Shhiiiiit I forgot this came out so soon. I was thinking July something. Will see it this weekend for sure!

Grimsen

Have Friday off, will definitely catch this. Gonna drop the kids off at my mom's for a matinee, on my own if I have to.

Metal-Geo

Going to a second show this week. This movie is incredible. It’s not Wright’s best work - but damn if it isn’t something I want more of.

aBarreras

the wait for august 11 will be long T_T, and it will probably release on br before it premieres here on mexico, god dammit

Blue Lou

Same cinematic universe, along with Baby Geniuses and Baby's Day Out.

Edgar Wright has already said this is part of the Simon and Garfunkel Universe. Marc Webb is directing "The Only Living Boy in New York".

DAwxEW1WAAADkuB.jpg

overcast

could good word of mouth and good rottenscore help this movie be a sleepr hit like Get out?
Uh it could be a sleeper hit but likely not on the level of Get Out. Couple differences:
Get Out was a cheaply made horror movie
Get Out had better marketing
As mentioned the black community push did help Get Out a bunch.

Most importantly Get Out had a PERFECT release date. This one just can't have the same legs given the late June release unfortunately. I think this could have really chugged along nicely in August. Oh well.

I thought the rotten was gonna be THAT guy.
Shockingly he gave it a fresh review.

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

Side-note: It's really refreshing to see one of the hundreds of blockbuster movies filmed in Atlanta being set in fucking Atlanta.

I would love to see this, but I doubt I will. I've been too broke to see any movie this year and just being in Wal-Mart I find out all the movies I've wanted to see so far are already out on blu-ray.

Going tomorrow, have been pretty excited for this for some time.

Sadly none of my friends knew about it, but I managed to win them over. I just hope it will do well enough during this busy period.

The name is at odds with the marketing for the film. Yes I understand his name is Baby and he's a driver, but I think it might be easy for someone to confuse it with a family friendly comedy.

Wow, release date is 21 July here. Way to kill the movie with this late release shit, I'm probably going to forget about it as people stop talking about it in a few weeks.

ntinosaur

Sigh... As always (except Scott Pilgrim) an Edgar Wright movie is not released in Greece...

Well.. Only one thing to do now..

giphy.gif

Mr. Sam

My most anticipated movie of the year, hands down. My girlfriend and I have tickets for tomorrow night.

I'll post the OT later today.

Solo

the main character is named baby, also he is a driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqUUNHwAl8

Also main character is called Baby and is a driver.....

He's a getaway driver and his name is Baby.

I think his point is that "Baby Driver" is a horrendous, indefensibly awful choice for the title of a summer popcorn movie. Unless this gets crazy buzz from the 17 people who see it, I just can't help but picture the movie not bombing hard, due to large part to the name and marketing.

Which would be sad since by all accounts it's a great movie.

Top Bottom