• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bastion |OT| of Rebuilding Worlds & Voices in My Head

Fjordson

TheOddOne said:
I6PTK.png
Holy shit, haha that's awesome!

I'm so excited for this. Such an insanely gorgeous game (and I love that narration). Day one on XBLA.

And great job on the OT, LiK!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mrbob said:
Between one and twenty hours.

I have heard 6 to 8.
A little disappointing, it seems like a lot of RPG-style games these days are really short, but damn if the premise and art don't have me salivating.

LQX

It will be interesting to see the reviews on this. The whole Giant Bomb crew seem to be high on it and everyone else seem to be hinting at its greatness. Not sure about 1200 points though.

Fucking awesome looking. Summer of arcade 2011, starts and ends the same day. They should have held Trenched and Outland back, would have been the greatest SOA ever.

kasavin

Keasar said:
Man, I really missed Greg when he left Gamespot.

Likewise I felt not-great about leaving, though the reason I left was to be able to do something like this one day... I've wanted to make games since I was a little kid playing Ultima IV. I fell in love with being a game critic but couldn't shake the feeling that I could do more on this side of the fence, and finally found my chance to take the plunge close to five years ago. So yeah, it's taken a while (plus several different jobs). But now I'm working with a small group of friends, on a team where everyone is essential and trusts each other, and this game is the result. I think if we accomplished anything good here it's a testament to team chemistry.

I guess you should rightfully expect a lot from any game in Summer of Arcade given what's come out of it in the past, though all I'd want is for people to go into Bastion with an open mind and watch out for spoilers and all that. It's great that XBLA games all offer free trials.

I'll try not to intrude on the discussion here too much but wanted to reply at least this one time since I'm an old GAF user, and also to say thank you to LiK for the OT.

LiK

kasavin said:
I'll try not to intrude on the discussion here too much but wanted to reply at least this one time since I'm an old GAF user, and also to say thank you to LiK for the OT.

:D

alphaNoid

Banned
purg3 said:
Any idea or estimate on game length?
I was told at E3, about 6 or 7 hours. Its $15, and its as long as $60 retail games.

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
Fucking awesome looking. Summer of arcade 2011, starts and ends the same day. They should have held Trenched and Outland back, would have been the greatest SOA ever.
Nah, the game I'm looking forward to most is Toy Soldiers Cold War :)

Fjordson

Damn. Shoemaker and Kasavin already making an appearance. Star-studded OT!

kasavin said:
But now I'm working with a small group of friends, on a team where everyone is essential and trusts each other, and this game is the result. I think if we accomplished anything good here it's a testament to team chemistry.
This is pretty random/possibly creepy, but I live right by the Scrambl'z that you guys went to for breakfast (you showed it in one of the Building the Bastion videos on Giant Bomb). I think it was for somebody's birthday. Thought that was sort of neat.

Anyways, thanks for making this beautiful game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hope the PC version goes up soon. I can't justify buying the XBLA version if a Steam version is on the horizon.

Vire

Big Ass Ramp said:
When Giant Bomb gives this game a 5/5, who will be the first one to accuse them of bias, I wonder.
I don't think GiantBomb will be reviewing for this purpose alone.

I think they'll let the rest of the journalists do the talking for them. I mean the game speaks for itself.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Big Ass Ramp said:
When Giant Bomb gives this game a 5/5, who will be the first one to accuse them of bias, I wonder.
They already said they weren't going to review it, because they're too close to it.

DaBuddaDa

Vire said:
I think they'll let the rest of the journalists do the talking for them. I mean the game speaks for itself.
They will do a full disclosure of their past relationships with Greg and exclusive features they've had on the site over the past few months at the very beginning of the review. Otherwise, they will review it the same as any other game. And yes, I am sure the game will speak for itself and GB's review will not be out of the ordinary one way or the other.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
thetrin said:
They already said they weren't going to review it, because they're too close to it.

SMART. Does anyone know if we'll get a quick look still considering all the footage "Building the Bastion" has provided?

Vire

Big Ass Ramp said:
SMART. Does anyone know if we'll get a quick look still considering all the footage "Building the Bastion" has provided?
I would most likely guess that it'll be a Quick Look EX with developer commentary.

Have the achievements been released for this game yet? I hope they all are attainable...

HenryHSH

I've been following Bastion on GiantBomb. Looks great, hope it sells good on XBLA and gets a Steam release down the line.

Gowans

Been following this on GB, the behind the scenes stuff has been fantastic.

Always shown just enough, I really can't wait to get the controller in my hands and see how it feels.

Buying as soon as live will let me.

DatBreh

Banned
I wonder if New Game+ will offer an additional challenge or just using all the powers you gained throughout the game.

1-D_FTW

Game pretty much epitomizes why this generation is so awesome. And why the whiners who cry about everything being generic shooters are laughable.

Feep

Banned
The artist (Jen Zee) was super cute at E3. I'm not saying this should have any effect on your decision to purchase the game.

But, you know.

Despera

Banned
The gameplay, the art, the narration... Everything looks great.

Let's see how good this game really is. Day 1 and freaking hype!

Really looking forward to this game. It was fun hearing everybody rave about it for so long, that I'd like to see for myself (going into this blind as far as seeing gameplay footage)

Top Bottom