• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bastion |OT| of Rebuilding Worlds & Voices in My Head

What a trippy looking game. Can't say I've got a real handle on it from watching that IGN gameplay video.

Love the art style though, and if this was a DS game I wouldn't think twice. Seeing as that's what I want out of PSN and XBLA too, I'm game.

Any idea on game length or replayability?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
My indie art boner is strong for this one.

I'm gonna wait till the PC release though so I can play it at the same time as my homie, indie-bro-style.

Sophuis

Neo Member
This is the one Kasavin's involved in? I like that dude, he knows his stuff. A game made with his involvement should be mighty interesting.

PC elitist here, Steam purchase it is. Bring it.

DaBuddaDa

I wonder if the narrator is actually the final boss you encounter at the end, or at least somehow gets twisted into becoming a real character in the game.

DEO3

And it even comes out on my birthday.

edit: oh, wait, it only comes out for Xbox on July 20th? Not PS3/Steam?

Birthday ruined. :(

garath

Hmmm.. normally I'd wait for the pc version but I DO have $15 worth of microsoft space bucks sitting around unused...

I think this is a day 1 purchase. I really appreciate games like this.

OnPoint

NullPointer said:
What a trippy looking game. Can't say I've got a real handle on it from watching that IGN gameplay video.

Love the art style though, and if this was a DS game I wouldn't think twice. Seeing as that's what I want out of PSN and XBLA too, I'm game.

Any idea on game length or replayability?

Uh, yeah.

OnPoint said:
I'd estimate 5 - 7 hours first time through depending on the player and how in-depth they go with the optional stuff, though you could probably push through in 4 if you're moving excessively fast.

Then there's the new game +

Feindflug

Game looks really interesting and probably a day one purchase which reminds me that I have to get MS points to also get Ms. 'Splosion Man & Outland. :p

Always dug Kasavin on Gamespot. Glad to see you chased your dreams and actually living it now.

Looking forward to buying and playing your labor of love in just two days.

Despera

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
I wonder if the narrator is actually the final boss you encounter at the end, or at least somehow gets twisted into becoming a real character in the game.
That's what I've been thinking, especially after the devs kept affirming that the narrator is an "integral" part of the game. And I have a feeling you just spoiled the experience for everyone.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I love the graphics and art in this game, reminds me a lot of Atelier Iris series. Very excited to give the game a try, if I dig the demo it's definitely getting a purchase.

Phthisis

Despera said:
That's what I've been thinking, especially after the devs kept affirming that the narrator is an "integral" part of the game. And I have a feeling you just spoiled the experience for everyone.

He didn't.

adambash

Neo Member
Got a chance to interview Greg about the game yesterday. Great guy, and he really has his head straight about how to make a game mean something.

Fjordson

jediyoshi said:
Nice. Love TB.

Also, Totally Rad Show's review for Bastion is up (the show with Jeff Cannata from Weekend Confirmed). BEWARE: No spoilers really, but some people might not want to hear some of the vague references to the structure of the story and weapons you can get.

http://youtu.be/KzTcxYhkvs4

Overwhelming praise from all three reviewers. Gettin' me hyped.

Salsa

I will pay whatever they ask once this hits PC on day 1.

Kasavin is pretty much my favorite person in the industry.

edit: if you read this, mad props Kasavin! you made it!

Gaspode_T

I'm going into lockdown mode to prevent spoilers, just a parting shot that this is probably my most anticipated game of the year so far and I'm really looking forward to playing a game that was so obviously built with a pure love of games.

Vire

Reviews should be hitting in approximately an hour according to the SuperGiant Games Twitter.

CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC.

Turning on my 360 for the first time in a couple of months just to download this. Basically in lieu of any news of a PC release. Will likely double dip if it really is as good as it sounds.

teraMEL0S

Very nice OT! This game is being bought so hard! The Giantbomb coverage has been killing me with excitement. XBLA tomorrow!

RealMeat

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
When they were showing the game before one of Giant Bomb's happy hours, they did meet the narrator as a character in the game. He didn't seem evil.

DaBuddaDa

Shurs said:
In before people freak out about a reviewer's opinion, even though the reviewer has, you know, actually played the game, while the people criticizing his review score have not.
Reading the text, it sounds like the score isn't because of the quality of the game, it's because Jim Sterling was expecting a $60 title and got a $15 XBLA title.

Top Bottom