• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

Neiteio

If they couldn't get this right, I really doubt the rest of the Season Pass will justify the price. Guess I'll wait for a discount. Fortunately, I've gotten back into Bloodborne (and TWWHD, and MM3D) in the interim, so I'm able to resist.

Should be said, though, the main game of Arkham Knight is worth every penny, and is a strong contender for Game of the Year. Shame they couldn't make DLC equally deserving of our time and money.

Hmm that's some bullshit. So season passed owners get 3 character story packs totaling 3 hours and skins? That's worse than their past season passes AND its more expensive this time. Hell, $7 for an hour of season pass is terrible too. For reference, as much shit as the Destiny expansions are, for less than this season pass you got two content expansions with 2-4 hours of new story in each expansion, new strikes, a raid, etc. Damn WB, that's some shit.

If this had challenge maps (and if Batgirl was/is actually different enough from Batman), the $7 price tag wouldn't be a problem for me since it'd be more like character DLC for a fighting game.

Shame it seems on the skimpy side though. I'm still holding out hope for the other paid character DLC on the way.

After the Origins Freeze DLC I was kinda hoping WB Montreal / Rocksteady would step up their shit, not scale it down.

I thought that was great, and anything on the same level would've been more than enough as far as standalone DLC goes. But alas

DNAbro

But the main game happens to be one of the best games I have ever played.

and if you wait for the goty you'l be disappointed in the dlc...so I don't understand what you mean

I want the extra content but I don't want to pay extra for it cause it doesn't seem fully worth it. So best idea is to wait till the put everything in one package and just buy it. I get the full game + the extra stuff when before I just would have gotten the original game.

I got bored after like 15 minutes.

The game needs to let us free roam as other characters. I'd love to explore Gotham as Batgirl and the rest of the gang (including the villains).

est1992

I had a feeling this was going to be bad dlc. This really feels like a wasted opportunity to show some of The Killing Joke and show how much that really affected Batman and Gordon. Rocksteady has said that they are bringing back the classic challenge maps so hopefully this character model and all the others won't go to waste. Their next story dlc though(made by Rocksteady) better be over an hour

jett

D-Member
About what I expected. The HQ DLC for Arkham City was dreadful, I expect all of their DLC to be of similar "quality."

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Sounds like all the guest characters that you can play in these games suck and are short.

It's a pattern.
City and Origins at least had dozens of challenge rooms. They weren't exactly campaign-level implementations of the characters, but they offered a ton of playtime and replayability compared to the little piecemeal "you can only use this character in this tiny segment" junk Knight is doing.

I thought it was decent, you could do much worse with your $8.

I am kinda baffled why there werent challenge maps included with this though.

If they couldn't get this right, I really doubt the rest of the Season Pass will justify the price. Guess I'll wait for a discount. Fortunately, I've gotten back into Bloodborne (and TWWHD, and MM3D) in the interim, so I'm able to resist.

Should be said, though, the main game of Arkham Knight is worth every penny, and is a strong contender for Game of the Year. Shame they couldn't make DLC equally deserving of our time and money.

Especially when you'll probably be able to get the season pass on a steep discount during a Xbox or PS sale. (I'm not sure if they do such things for PC but I would assume so)

I'll be picking the season pass up for $20 and all of the content will already be out.

Haven't gotten that far in the Witcher 3 yet. I guess I should've said paid DLC should die. Maybe the Witcher's expansions will turn me around on it.

Well, its not so much as DLCs being the problem, as them done wrong is by the majority of publishers. Theres a good video about it in the Jimquisition.
If paid dlc were actually meaty expansions like what is being done with Witcher 3, or what was done with Hyrule Warriors (hours and hours of new content and characters for cheap), we would be praising it exists, as much as we priased old expansions.

Neiteio

Well, I just looked up the final fight and ending of the DLC, and... it's actually pretty cool. And Harley Quinn is hot in that outfit. Like, really hot. BUT! That's neither here nor there. They should really lower the price to something more reasonable.

I thought that was great, and anything on the same level would've been more than enough as far as standalone DLC goes. But alas
That's what I mean. The Freeze DLC was great, specially after Harley's Revenge and that stupid Initiation pack.

I was hoping they would take that as their new standard, not take two steps backwards.

Well, I just looked up the final fight and ending of the DLC, and... it's actually pretty cool. And Harley Quinn is hot in that outfit. Like, really hot. BUT! That's neither here nor there. They should really lower the price to something more reasonable.

...its $8. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Going to the movies is more expensive than this.

Also I thought the final fight was pretty fun. Its nothing ground breaking but if you are craving more Batman, this is a decent fix.

Quote me if your waiting for the game of the year edition.

Does the proper PC version count?

That's what I mean. The Freeze DLC was great, specially after Harley's Revenge and that stupid Initiation pack.

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. I was just saying they didn't even have to do anything more than that and it would've been satisfactory. Anything aside from doing something that's worse and/or less significant.

Where were all these posts that claimed it would be multiple hours in length with side missions? I needs to serve some na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Crowman.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm not massively surprised, the side quests for what is supposedly their last batman game were rather lame, handled some of Batmans iconic villains awfully. So their dlc so far being super short or not worth it doesn't surprise me.

Disker

Well, i told my friends not to buy season-passes, DLC for the last few years have been rubbish anyway (there are exceptions of course) Still some of them bought it, cant't help but laugh. I really don't know why people throw money at something when they don't even know what they are getting.

Just wait until the DLC is released, maybe you pay like 5 dollars more IF you buy all the DLC from the season pass, but at least you know what you are getting. Or you can pick and choose and can save the money you didn't spend. Or buy the pass when all the DLC is out.

I played through it last night, took me 3 hours but I'm the type of gamer to explore and view all the details. Even came across a nice little easter egg (check out the spoiler thread for a picture).

Ultimately, I'm content with it. WB Montreal's lack of polish shows (ran into a few glitches in those few hours, and video cutscenes ughh), but Batgirl is a badass and the final brawl of Robin and Batgirl vs Harley and Joker was great. The new predator hacking mechanics are interesting, but also underutilized (there are only 2 predator encounters, I believe).

I expect Rocksteady's own DLC (Season of Infamy) to be much more meaty.

...its $8. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Going to the movies is more expensive than this.

Also I thought the final fight was pretty fun. Its nothing ground breaking but if you are craving more Batman, this is a decent fix.

I feel similarly, but there being little incentive for replaying really hurts the perceived value. A handful of challenge maps, or even smacking Batgirl in existing AR challenges would've completely changed the perception of this DLC, I'd bet.

I was excited to pick this up, but it looks like i'll just wait for a sale :/ Its really not worth it with all the other games coming up.

Was tempted to get the season pass as I'm enjoying Batman AK so much right now.

But so far the lackluster response to story DLC and at an eye watering £32 has put me off.
I'll wait for a sale come December.

Guess I'm not going for the season pass, just this one because I'm a pervert.

giphy.gif

I don't hate the game for what it is. It just isn't a very good batman game.

Ehh, I was definitely reading more "hate" into your initial comment than was there. Don't mind me, I just need to have coffee before trying to think.

Edit: This being left over DLC from Origins makes me wonder (hope) if there will be more substantial Arkham Knight-developed expansions in the future.

RowdyReverb

If they release a bunch of these small DLCs over the next several months, I'll be tempted to get the GOTY edition down the road

Mrbob

Take two twenties, burn them away, and you have the same effect it seems.

Might be time to get a refund from GMG.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Nonsense and considering the overall reception of the game reality would agree with me.
The game's only a few weeks old yet, I'm sure there's a bunch of people that haven't really torn into the gristle of Knight yet. It starts out fantastic, I was high as hell on the game the first few hours, but the back half of the game is one big parade of repetition and disappointment.

And tanks. So, so many tanks.

That would be awesome.

There's a janky PC mod for that. Let's you play as a bunch of characters, and there's no fall damaged for people like Red Hood or Harley Quinn, which is hilarious. Even Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne, though there's limited fight capabilities. If you look up videos, there's spoilers, so be careful.

Top Bottom