• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

I said nice things about this DLC about a week or so ago, but it was purely speculative, I just felt that it was going to be the first 'good' AK DLC based on the trailer and info. I take that back, rescind it, chowing down on crow over here. Serves me right for talking up a WB thing too soon.

Based on this, I'd advise don't buy the DLC folks, unless it becomes more substantial or there's a decent price drop for the pass. Everything drops eventually.

GoldStarz

They should've just used Cassandra Cain, her field skill set is different enough that you could make an interesting playstyle for her character.

Ban Puncher

1tJqD.gif

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I was sitting on the fence until this DLC came out. I wanted a world to explore, skills to upgrade and sidequests for Batgirl. Kind of like inFamous First Light vs Second Son.

My friends are all LOVING the game (my best friend called it the Arkham series's RE4) but...I don't know. I really wanted playable Harley and Batgirl in some meaty DLCs...Especially for a 40$ Season Pass. T_T

I paid $36 Australian for the game and the season pass, but between the broken PC version, the game itself being fairly disappointing, and the relentlessly shitty DLC, I honestly regret every cent. This seemed like the biggest, flashiest bit of DLC in the season pass, and it's just a throwaway little thing.

It was really disappointing the missions were just go here rescue some hostages and defuse some bombs and sometimes team up with Robin. It sucks that Skins and a Batmobile pack are next month since I'm not really interested in them. I wanted Challenge Maps :(

My Guess:

September = The Season of Infamy
November = Challenge Maps
December = Gotham City Stories

delSai

I think it killed my ps4. Pressing the power button does nothing, not even the sound and the eject button makes a sound but nothing else. The fucks going on, that never happend.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez.....really hoping that WB doesn't screw up Mad Max.

Cmagus

Glad I held off on this. Such a rip off.

I agree, sadly the whole reason I avoided this game is because of the DLC. I honestly find it so hard to justify any DLC these days to the point where I'm just plain skipping games because of it.

Floex

I was sitting on the fence until this DLC came out. I wanted a world to explore, skills to upgrade and sidequests for Batgirl. Kind of like inFamous First Light vs Second Son.

My friends are all LOVING the game (my best friend called it the Arkham series's RE4) but...I don't know. I really wanted playable Harley and Batgirl in some meaty DLCs...Especially for a 40$ Season Pass. T_T

Your friend is wrong.

IMO. Would say it's the worst in the series, still a good game but doesn't come close to the other 3 in terms of content.

As for this season pass, Warner start sorting your shit out. Can't keep continuing like this.

Neff

I thought people said this DLC was like a Metroidvania type of game?

It's not. Not at all.

There's a handful of combat and predator challenges (none of which are as elaborate or challenging as those found in the main game) a couple of puzzles and minigames, and that's it. It's very linear and simplistic in terms of environment design. It does look really good though, and I enjoyed the short time I spent with it, all said and done. Worth the money though? Maybe not, unless you absolutely have to have more Arkham Knight.

I want to wait for the GOTY edition, but I like my boxart to look like box art, and not advertisements slapped all over the cover. It happened with the first two Arkham games and it rubbed me the wrong way. Yeah, it's an odd tick, but still.

My friend got the season pass, I wonder how he feels if he reads this.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't hate the game for what it is. It just isn't a very good batman game.

It's better than any of Rocksteady's efforts, friend.

The game's only a few weeks old yet, I'm sure there's a bunch of people that haven't really torn into the gristle of Knight yet. It starts out fantastic, I was high as hell on the game the first few hours, but the back half of the game is one big parade of repetition and disappointment.

And tanks. So, so many tanks.

Agreed. I think there's a lot of good ideas in this game, they just never come together all that well. I keep waiting for it to hook me like the previous 3 did and it's not happening.

Setsuna

This game is such a disappointment. The game says "look at all this potential" but in reality its extremely gated off to the point where it becomes more of an annoyance.

Hystzen

I have even worse faith in Season of Infamy would not shock me if it ends up being same as Red Hood "story missions". Basically 3 second intro a fight room a predator room then boss room 3 second ending cutscene

I'm glad I only paid $24 but I'm still feeling like I over paid... I wonder if GMG is still offering refunds considering the content isn't out for the PC version and we have no idea when it will be.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
All of the Arkham DLC has always just seemed like WB is forcing them to make tons of unplanned content and it's even more apparent with Knight.

It always makes sense to me to compare the value of DLC to the actual game. If the game cost me $60, and the DLC is $10, then the DLC should provide me with content equal to at least a sixth of the full game.

The Witcher 3 looks to be one of the only current gen games I know of that lives up to this promise.

I don't even want to know how all the fighting games get away with what they pull.
I'd say inFamous does a good job of this. 2 and Second Son both had large DLC/expansions that added new features, gameplay, a good length story, and all presented well. I'd say First Light was about 1/3 the content of Second Son (short campaign, new character with new abilities and play style, arena mode) for 1/4 the price.

There are other examples of DLC done right this gen but that's just the first that comes to mind for me.

lewisgone

Well, it'll be nice to play the GOTY edition and treat these things as fun little extras, not underwhelming contributions to a £33 season pass.

Sou Da

Like everything with Babsgirl, this is disappointing.

Author was spot on in recommending Cassandra Cain instead.

Reule

I have a feeling a good chunk of the rest of the DLC for the Season Pass will be just as underwhelming. It doesn't help that the price is pretty damn steep. So many people are expecting more in quality and content, possibly more than what they will actually release.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah it's not that good. It's a shame because the setting is great (Joker + theme park has potential), but gameplay-wise it's nothing special. You rescue hostages, defuse some bombs then go save Gordon. The final battle is also very anti-climatic. Concept could lead to an interesting fight, but they didn't flesh it out.
it's a group fight with Joker and Harley, but those two are just punching bags.

The best thing about the dlc is doing the (optional) puzzles scattered around, where you learn about the (sad) history of the park. That's well done.

There's also nothing unique to playing with Batgirl other than her increased hacking abilities.

Seeing as next month's update is just skins and two race track, I'm already regretting getting that pass. Here's hoping the other 2 story packs are beefier.

Can't believe they didn't even give her any unique mechanics. Should have used Cass or even Stephanie and really differentiate them. Right now she's just a broke down batman with no upgrades or unique weapons.

Hektor

I hope no one here expected otherwise and bought the season pass considering the DLC-history of the batman games.

Johndoey

Banned
The game's only a few weeks old yet, I'm sure there's a bunch of people that haven't really torn into the gristle of Knight yet. It starts out fantastic, I was high as hell on the game the first few hours, but the back half of the game is one big parade of repetition and disappointment.

And tanks. So, so many tanks.
Eh, I 100% the game loved all of it but it's all subjective.

Vire

All of the Arkham games have had awful DLC despite the main games being great. This doesn't surprise me unfortunately.

The DLC for these games always seem to be an afterthought.

overcast

Still haven't bought a DLC for a Batman game. See no reason to start with this after hearing it. Love the games, but i have yet to be convinced.

Still holding out hope for challenge rooms with multiple characters. Would drop some coin on that.

Amazing that the handling of a AAA title game could get even worse. I have the piece of shit PC version and I cant even play the shitty DLC until they fix the broken game. Thank god I only paid 53 for it all. SMH

Garlador

All of the Arkham games have had awful DLC despite the main games being great. This doesn't surprise me unfortunately.

The DLC for these games always seem to be an afterthought.

Precisely this.

Though I don't blame anyone for buying into the hype. Not everyone experienced the disappointment of some of those past DLCs, and many are first-time Batman players that, with a $40 Season Pass, concluded great things were on the way.

... At least WB is the type to release GOTY editions with everything included fairly quickly. Still waiting for EA to do that with Mass Effect (never happening short of a remaster...).

All the character DLCs sound extremely disappointing. What the hell happened?

People bought a $40 DLC pack without knowing the contents of that pack, and WB had some extra skins lying around to throw at as DLC, that's what.

I would say I feel sorry, but anyone who bought a season pass without knowing exactly what is coming with it deserve what ever they get.

Like everything with Babsgirl, this is disappointing.

Author was spot on in recommending Cassandra Cain instead.

That was the one part of the article that seemed silly. Whether the gameplay is decent or the content significant has little to do with what Batgirl's secret identity is.

Top Bottom