• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

leng jai

Seriously who on earth is paying $40 ($60AUD) upfront for content that hasn't even been outlined yet?

I just don't understand.

I believe it. That Harley's Revenge DLC for Arkham City was short and pretty bad overall. I regret buying that more than horse armor. It was going to take me a lot to consider getting the Arkham Knight DLC.

Floex

Why are people feeling sorry for people buying season passes? Don't buy something based on a brief description.

Haines

Banned
Pretty much why i never buy a season pass.

I mean, no different than a game really. Wait til release to buy at the very least.

They should've just used Cassandra Cain, her field skill set is different enough that you could make an interesting playstyle for her character.

So does BatGirl. I don't think it would of mattered what character they had in the DLC. (your love for the character aside) WB Montreal was using what Rocksteady had and just tweaked it a little.

You probably would of got the same thing with Cassandra Cain.

Alienous

Why are people feeling sorry for people buying season passes? Don't buy something based on a brief description.

I've never understood it. I was sure for a period of time that it was something you could only buy prior to the release of any of the Season Pass content, like trading your confidence in the DLC for a slight discount, but nope. You can just wait and know what you are buying before you buy it.

Season Passes are a smart business move for the sellers but dumb for everyone else.

Experien

When they announced this, I made a comment about how it is just a new skin of Batman and people didn't care. Now they are complaining that it is just that?

lcbrus

I'm glad I held off buying the season pass. I was in no rush to buy it because I'm still waiting for it to come out on the PC.

Now, I'm just going to wait for the Steam Christmas Sale to see if it's still worth it.

Garlador

It's been outlined.

Not entirely. Apart from Batgirl, who else will you play as? What villains will be involved? What stories pre- and post-game will be included? How closely will it tie into the game's narrative? Is there a definitive number of skins confirmed? Did we know what those skins even were at the time of purchase?

... A lot of people bought a $40 season pass without knowing what was included, outside of Batgirl being plastered on every ad and banner I saw.

stephen08

Saying it is a QTE heavy bossfight is a bit misleading. It's a regular fight but
with Joker and Harley mixing it up with the thugs as well
. The only thing that is QTE about it
is Joker will try to slice at you and then shoot you if you inflict enough damage and that prompts a character swap where Robin or Batgirl save the other one.

True, it was a very short DLC but it was enjoyable for that hour. Ideally I'd have liked to see Batgirl become more unique and there to be more content but that would probably make it cost a good deal more. For $7 I enjoyed it.

GoldStarz

So does BatGirl. I don't think it would of mattered what character they had in the DLC. (your love for the character aside) WB Montreal was using what Rocksteady had and just tweaked it a little.

You probably would of got the same thing with Cassandra Cain.
Most of Babs differing skills come from her head which, as a player-controlled character, can't really be used. Cassandra's skill however are mostly physical, having been bred to be a fighter.

Edit: Also, "so does Batgirl"? We're talking about which Batgirl they should have used. Both of them are Batgirl.

Not entirely. Apart from Batgirl, who else will you play as? What villains will be involved? What stories pre- and post-game will be included? How closely will it tie into the game's narrative? Is there a definitive number of skins confirmed? Did we know what those skins even were at the time of purchase?

... A lot of people bought a $40 season pass without knowing what was included, outside of Batgirl being plastered on every ad and banner I saw.

People have mined the game's files to find the skin count, villain list, playable characters. That stuff is floating around if you want to find it.

The descriptions were pretty brief, though I was willing to get the pass for 50% off for what it described since I knew I wanted the story DLC, classic Batmobile stuff and the challenge maps. I wouldn't have paid $40 based on what was described, but for half-off coupled with getting the base game for free, I was willing to buy it.

Most of Babs differing skills come from her head which, as a player-controlled character, can't really be used. Cassandra's skill however are mostly physical, having been bred to be a fighter.

They could just give her more/unique skills and say she trained with Batman for a year straight, or something. Who's under the mask doesn't mean the gameplay is going to be any better/worse.

About to go play it myself in a few minutes. The download took 6 hours last night due to shitty psn. So far this season pass is worse than Evolves =\

Caffeine

the dlc is also delayed on the pc because of the fixes even though a seperate team is on both things wtf haha double screwed.

Alienous

Whoa, where did they outline everything in the season pass?

WB Games said:
We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

That wouldn't be outlining. That would be detailing.

Not surprising going by the rest of the series take on dlc. Also the game came out less than a month ago, so I can't say I expected any meaty content from this one.

Batgirl is just a reskin of batman, her gliding and moves are all the same :/

Robin in harley quinn's revenge at least felt unique compared to batman.

Edit: Also, "so does Batgirl"? We're talking about which Batgirl they should have used. Both of them are Batgirl.

Christ, dude I KNOW. What I was getting at is that is doesn't matter what character they had, they could of had Damian Wayne, he still would of fought like Batman.

And lmao at calling her Babs....I get it dude, you know what you are talking about.

Isn't the Harley dlc the same? All the negative news about this game has put me off playing it

Try not to be, the actual main game is fantastic.

I'm rather glad that I have yet to buy the season pass. If there is dlc I want, such as the '89 Batman stuff, I'll just buy that. I wasn't too excited for this, and now hearing it's just an hour long, and not even a good hour... I'll comfortably skip it.

GoldStarz

They could just give her more/unique skills and say she trained with Batman for a year straight, or something. Who's under the mask doesn't mean the gameplay is going to be any better/worse.
1) how would that make her play LESS like Batman. Besides, Batgirl is typically less attached to Batman than Robin is, especially in Bab's case who repeatedly acted as Batgirl despite Bruce's discouragement.

2) That's like saying who the character is has no influence on their gameplay. They clearly chose Babs and Tim!Robin so they could just make Babs play as Bruce-lite and didn't have to make a Dick!Robin.

Try not to be, the actual main game is fantastic.

I'm rather glad that I have yet to buy the season pass. If there is dlc I want, such as the '89 Batman stuff, I'll just buy that. I wasn't too excited for this, and now hearing it's just an hour long, and not even a good hour... I'll comfortably skip it.

It's good, no question, but fantastic is overselling it.

Garlador

That wouldn't be outlining. That would be detailing.

Well, outlining consists of "the essential features or main aspects of something under discussion"... and I feel like some "essential features" weren't mentioned upfront.

Regardless, semantics aside, you shouldn't buy something WITHOUT "detailing" what it is you're actually buying.

Alienous

Isn't the Harley dlc the same? All the negative news about this game has put me off playing it

Rent it if you can, or borrow it from a friend for a weekend.

Well, outlining consists of "the essential features or main aspects of something under discussion"... and I feel like some "essential features" weren't mentioned upfront.

Regardless, semantics aside, you shouldn't buy something WITHOUT "detailing" what it is you're actually buying.

I agree with you there, but that isn't what Season Passes do. It's like a mystery box of chocolates if you buy it before the content is released.

Some Nobody

Eh. I think this is it for me. Think I'm going to try and trade it in and see what I can get for it. I'll pick up the GOTY version when it's $40 or something. Batgirl was supposed to be the "marquee" DLC so the others have gotta be pretty small.

And even if not, spending $100 just doesn't appeal to me.

GoldStarz

Christ, dude I KNOW. What I was getting at is that is doesn't matter what character they had, they could of had Damian Wayne, he still would of fought like Batman.

And lmao at calling her Babs....I get it dude, you know what you are talking about.
Ah, I apologize for misunderstanding, in that case I agree with you.

1) how would that make her play LESS like Batman. Besides, Batgirl is typically less attached to Batman than Robin is, especially in Bab's case who repeatedly acted as Batgirl despite Bruce's discouragement.

2) That's like saying who the character is has no influence on their gameplay. They clearly chose Babs and Tim!Robin so they could just make Babs play as Bruce-lite and didn't have to make a Dick!Robin.

Insert any character in place of Batman then. Who would be satisfactory for her to fight with? Say she trained with Wildcat, or Black Canary, or something. Had the developers making this DLC had the time, had the resources and/or put in the effort, Batgirl would've played in a unique way, regardless of the story or even the version of Batgirl they chose. Considering this probably had little time/resources allotted for development, it was going to be like this no matter what.

I understand some people would prefer certain versions or iterations of a character, but to say "it would've been good had it been _______," doesn't make sense.

Are you serious? Play Batgirl (sorry BABS) in Injustice. They could of done a ton of things to make her feel different.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Aren't there people in the other threads saying they spent 3 hours or so on this?

I feel like it's a common trend where we get these players who absolutely speed through games and then whine about the length.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I got bored after 20 mins. The first 15 mins of the fucking thing is a completely scripted (uninteresting) linear tutorial.

A tutorial.

How many times so you need to teach me to play Batman game? It's like the fourth damn game... and post-release DLC at that!

Yeah,,, thanks for holding my hand through this 15 min hallway. Really needed that.

Hey, but at least there's no Bat Tank garbage-time... so there's that at least.

Alienous

Aren't there people in the other threads saying they spent 3 hours or so on this?

I feel like it's a common trend where we get these players who absolutely speed through games and then whine about the length.

I've heard 1 hour, and another 30 minutes to an hour of futzing around for trophies.

Nope this was really like at most 1 and a half hours long.

The Missions :

3 Bomb diffuses
3 Hostage Rescue
1 Boss Fight
Collectibles

Mengetsu

Season Passes have become a cash cow for studio's the past few years. Ranging from $20-$50 is a joke unless you do your research and know the company/developers history. Even with COD you know what your getting for the fifty bucks and because of it's MP components. With something like Batman with the way it's structured you know all this "DLC" was stuff that could of been in the game that was most likely pulled aside to use in the season pass so WB could grab that extra few bucks.

Two of my friend got this pass and I warned one of them relentlessly it's not worth it but still got it anyway and he hasn't even gotten like 5% into the actual game because he uses his free time playing Destiny. It's hard for me to feel sorry for people who got the season pass because they don't do the research and just see season pass and think the best always..

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I loved how they thaught you to pull off vents with the claw (for the tenth time)... but there's no instance after that where you need or can use that move again

Randam

anyone realy surprised by this?

dlc, especially once paid in advance for, like through season passes almost allwys disappoint.

Top Bottom