• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

Nick

By far the best $6 DLC ever

$6 for 1 hour is 10 hours for $60
Seems normal to me

The story and environment are fucking fantastic especially the backstory of the environment
So what's the culture like over at Rocksteady?

Falchion

Going to wait until the season pass is $20 in ~ 8 months and then get it. That way I'm not only saving money, but I can play through all the short (so far) story DLC's and make it feel like a bigger experience then if you played it bit by bit.

When Arkham City was revealed to be open-world, the possibilities became endless. Now, it seems like nobody knows how to make further use of their sandboxes.

Series should never have gone open-world. It conflicts with why the gameplay was so good in Asylum.

Sober

Series should never have gone open-world. It conflicts with why the gameplay was so good in Asylum.
It was fine in City/Origins, because they didn't make the dungeons try to be seamless with the open world. You have only so much to work with if you enter a building without a loading screen and keep to the geometry in the open world without doing some video game magic. Or well, making it take all entirely underground, which is actually what most of AK's dungeons were.

Always wait for the definitive edition to go on sale.

For what it's worth what I've seen of the Batgirl DLC at least has some good environmental stuff and fantastic references that I'm honestly kind of surprised got in, like Starro.

Wanderer5

Bleh lame, and yet I not surprise somehow. Even worse than Harley's Revenge I think which was like 2 hours? I probably wait for the GOTY edition for sure while I am already waiting to actually be able to play this game heh.

I just hope to see some decent DLC for Nightwing, but not sure if I should get my hopes up.

$7 for a 1-2 hour campaign and a usable character for the upcoming challenge maps.

It's not that bad. The main problem is that Batgirl is crap gameplay-wise. The actual quality of the campaign is solid.

delSai

$7 for a 1-2 hour campaign and a usable character for the upcoming challenge maps.

It's not that bad. The main problem is that Batgirl is crap gameplay-wise. The actual quality of the campaign is solid.

Agreed. I like Batgirls animations, especially the takedowns. Not having any unique gadgets sucks alot tho.

Reule

Why can't they have different relationships in different universes? I mean, there's a bunch of stuff in the Arkham series that is different than the comic universe.
They can but it's not very satisfying to me. I'd rather have the weird DCAU relationship with Bruce and Barbara over out of left field Tim/Barbara pairing. Just kind of felt shoehorned in there so there was a Robin and Batgirl romance but because they didn't have Stephanie Brown they settled for Barbara.

Only dlc worth a damn is Nintendo's
image.php

And no. Plenty of good dlc not featured on Nintendo's consoles. Amiibos have left an awful taste in my mouth.

Arttemis

Warner Brothers is on a roll for being an absolutely shitty publisher. Their DLC initiative is increasingly disgusting.

They really to finish the season pass out with some major additions:

- Doezens of Predator and Combat challenge maps accessible via every playable character
- All Batmobile DLC gets fully animated tank modes for access throughout Gotham and the Story modes
- The ability to free roam Gotham with Catwoman and Robin like you could in Arkham City

...and at least ONE of the addon campaigns needs some substance and length to it.

ShutterMunster

I played it for around 45 minutes, exited out, and was stunned to see I was 70% done. I paid $23 bucks for the season pass, but I'm still kind of annoyed by this. I also hate how limited Batgirl feels. I just came off finishing Arkham Knight, my Batman is pretty damn capable, overpowered even, and now I have half of my gadgets, move sets, navigational abilities. It's just lame. It also makes large enemy encounters much harder.

They can but it's not very satisfying to me. I'd rather have the weird DCAU relationship with Bruce and Barbara over out of left field Tim/Barbara pairing. Just kind of felt shoehorned in there so there was a Robin and Batgirl romance but because they didn't have Stephanie Brown they settled for Barbara.

I was hoping for a Tim/Dick romance. But maybe that will be saved for Season of Infamy DLC.

Staf

Was looking forward to this since i really like Batgirl/Oracle, but i'm not gonna pay that much for so little content.

KevinCow

Banned
So the season pass is:

- Three story packs, each probably an hour or so long if this one is anything to go by.

- A bunch of skins that would've just been unlockables in the pre-DLC era.

- Some racetracks.

- The challenge maps, which should've just been in the game already like they were in every single previous game in the series.

How can they say that's worth $40? That's not even worth $20!

So the season pass is:

- Three story packs, each probably an hour or so long if this one is anything to go by.

- A bunch of skins that would've just been unlockables in the pre-DLC era.

- Some racetracks.

- The challenge maps, which should've just been in the game already like they were in every single previous game in the series.

How can they say that's worth $40? That's not even worth $20!

the past ones were $20, had one story pack, had a bunch of skins, and some challenge maps. you're getting decent bang for buck in comparison.

Garlador

the past ones were $20, had one story pack, had a bunch of skins, and some challenge maps. you're getting decent bang for buck in comparison.

So they're not ripping you off AS badly as before....

Seriously, it's pretty inexcusable. $40 is the price of some full retail games these days, not 3 hour-long campaigns and some pointless costumes.

Heck, I still remember when GTA4 charged $15 for their DLC and that was a big deal because of the price... and it was HUGE.

JohngPR

Saying it is a QTE heavy bossfight is a bit misleading. It's a regular fight but
with Joker and Harley mixing it up with the thugs as well
. The only thing that is QTE about it
is Joker will try to slice at you and then shoot you if you inflict enough damage and that prompts a character swap where Robin or Batgirl save the other one.

True, it was a very short DLC but it was enjoyable for that hour. Ideally I'd have liked to see Batgirl become more unique and there to be more content but that would probably make it cost a good deal more. For $7 I enjoyed it.

This.

It's definitely lacking, but it's not bad per se'. She doesn't play exactly like Batman...she relies more on hacking things to strike fear into bad guys. Would have loved to have seen it be a little more substantial but saying it's crap is overstating its problems, IMO.

Also comparing this to inFamous first light is a bit unfair....I:FL was 4-5 hours long but also cost more than twice as much and put you in the same open world as the SS where at least Batgirl has an all new area. I mean, I:FL is a better DLC but I would hope so for $15. :p

UberTag

WB = shady as fuck and we should scream this loud and high from Twitter and beyond until everyone knows it

My sympathies go out to any of you who got scammed. Now you've learned your lesson.

Arttemis

Sarcasm? You didn't have to buy a season pass or any DLC for challenge maps before, since each previous game had them at launch. Also, Arkham Origins's Heart of Ice beats these wimpy story packs. This price for this content isn't decent or a bang per buck.

w0s

I feel sorry for the people who paid for it. Type of game where you wait for the GOTY edition.

Or you just play the vanilla version when it launches and don't give a shit about 2-3 single player less than an hour experiences.

AegisScott

Neo Member
All the character DLCs sound extremely disappointing. What the hell happened?

The publisher said, "Hey, we need pre-order / post-sale incentives despite you not scheduling time/money/man power for it." and the developer said "ughhhhhhhhh why god" and then made it happen as best they could.

In a world where a $60 tag and millions shipped barely helps the game break even, this is what we get.

KevinCow

Banned

Just because it's not quite as much of a ripoff as before doesn't mean it isn't still a ripoff.

In comparison, you have something like Dishonored, where you got two story packs that were together about as long as the main game for just $20.

Gotta agree with that, I think that would have made me happier. Although I don't think they could have made two sequels then without it seeming forced.

While I'm not planning on buying the season pass, those challenge maps sound great.

Top Bottom