• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

derek212

Sounds like a Warner Bros DLC experience.

I truly feel for the poor suckers who fell for this. Again.

Yep ! I'm glad I waited on this one. Will be picking it up on Black Friday. This one is not worth more than $39.99 with included dlc.

Goose_7

Banned
Yep ! I'm glad I waited on this one. Will be picking it up on Black Friday. This one is not worth more than $39.99 with included dlc.

This is why the gaming industry is where it is today. I'd argue that Arkham Knight is definitely worth it's $59.99 asking price without the season pass.

Perhaps to you and you only the game may be worth $39.99 with the DLC included, but I refuse to believe it's only worth 40 bucks.

We gamers can be so frugal at times and constantly want better, bigger and expansive gaming experiences with lower price points. News flash, it ain't gonna happen.

Sorry gaf, don't mean to derail I just get annoyed when I read posts like these.

Sure, WB is trying to nickel and dime us with the season pass, shit they got me, but the standalone game stands on its own as a full fledged AAA game worthy of the 60 dollar price tag

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I really don't get the hate for Arkham Origins, I think WB Montreal gets a lot of flak for making a respectable Batman game when not compared to Rocksteady's Batman offerings, as a standalone game it stands up with the best of them I think. My favorite story out of all the Arkham games not including AK

I loved Origins but I still can't shake off the feeling that it was a copy paste of Arkham City. Outside of the story, which was the best in the entire series and the updated detective system, it felt that they didn't even try to innovate anywhere else. They lazily slapped together a generic map of Gotham, introduced two gadgets that ruined the challenge of the game and locked essential upgrades behind challenges that were only doable in story mode which made them extremely easy to miss. My main disappointment with it was that it had the potential to be the greatest game in the Arkham Series but ultimately failed because the developers were lazy

Also the fact that WB Montreal ditched support of the game after the final DLC was out, when then the game was still riddled with bugs didn't do them any favors

jobrro

Eh I sort of got the season pass for $15 (was $30 before launch on PSN, and it pushed me over the edge to get the $15 back when you spend $100 during the last deal).

For $7 I think the DLC is decent. Was about 70 minutes for the story without rushing or getting stuck anywhere and maybe another 60 for collectibles and the back history of the setting with no guide (but lots of detective mode). In a world where some games charge $5-$6 for a single character, or a lot more for a boost pack this DLC is far from terrible value to me.

Eh I sort of got the season pass for $15 (was $30 before launch on PSN, and it pushed me over the edge to get the $15 back when you spend $100 during the last deal).

For $7 I think the DLC is decent. Was about 70 minutes for the story without rushing or getting stuck anywhere and maybe another 60 for collectibles and the back history of the setting with no guide (but lots of detective mode). In a world where some games charge $5-$6 for a single character, or a lot more for a boost pack this DLC is far from terrible value to me.

Doesn't sound too bad length wise for the price, if it was a full fledged game at 60 dollars it would be in the 8 hour range which is common. The thing is I don't know if the season pass will be worth it still and this first piece of DLC doesn't really instill confidence that it will be.

NexusCell

wait, I don't get it aren't some games out there like $60 only for 3 hours?
$7 for 1 hour doesn't really seem like that big a deal

If you're willing to spend 60 bucks on a 3 hour game, more power to you, but I'm guessing other people prefer to get a little more value for their money.

7 dollars for 1 hour is a joke. I've gotten more substantial DLC's for 5 bucks.

Son Of D

Only dlc worth a damn is Nintendo's

Nintendo's DLC has been hit and miss. On one hand you have Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors (minus the amiibo weapon). On the other, Fire Emblem and NSMB2. Smash is somewhere in the middle due to the mixed reactions on pricing.

Not to mention a whole bunch of other season passes and DLC being great. Rhythm games, Rockstar's DLC, TLoU Left Behind to name a few. Witcher 3 DLC is looking good (but that's unreleased so it could be average).

I loved Origins but I still can't shake off the feeling that it was a copy paste of Arkham City. Outside of the story, which was the best in the entire series and the updated detective system, it felt that they didn't even try to innovate anywhere else. They lazily slapped together a generic map of Gotham, introduced two gadgets that ruined the challenge of the game and locked essential upgrades behind challenges that were only doable in story mode which made them extremely easy to miss. My main disappointment with it was that it had the potential to be the greatest game in the Arkham Series but ultimately failed because the developers were lazy

Also the fact that WB Montreal ditched support of the game after the final DLC was out, when then the game was still riddled with bugs didn't do them any favors

Did Arhkam Knight really innovate though? Does the Batmobile really add anything new to the game? Many people don't even like using it.

i know it's short and everything but i'll still get it when it's release stand alone.

I can't believe people are surprised. Truly can't.
a dummy is born everyday.

du2dc0cjd0kbjaiberdb.jpg

leather jacket? you can't fight well in leather unless it's skin tight.

This game, while still pretty decent, is really turning into my biggest disappointment of the year. Arkham Asylum is one of my favourite games of all time but it just seems like WB want to ring out as much money as possible from people while delivering a sub-par product. I bought the PC version so I got doubly fucked.

leather jacket? you can't fight well in leather unless it's skin tight.

You can't lift people with your mind either but Jean Grey still exists in comics. It doesn't have to work in real life to look cool.

You can't lift people with your mind either but Jean Grey still exists in comics. It doesn't have to work in real life to look cool.

seriously? what a lame argument. and the leather jacket doesn't look cool, it looks like a halloween costume. armor plates like batman obviously would be best.

Only dlc worth a damn is Nintendo's

Not even close.

Plenty of DLC is worth a damn.

Borderlands 1 and 2 have both had really strong season passes.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas both had really strong season passes.
Oblivion and Skyrim both got great DLC
Undead Nightmare
GTA4 had great DLC
Bioshock Infinite had DLC (that while controversial) ties all the games together neatly
Mass Effect 2 and 3 got plenty of paid and free DLC
Dishonored is also regarded as having good DLC
Minecraft on Xbox has had strong DLC Support
Burnout Paradise had some cool DLC

That's ignoring how many MP games benefit a great deal from things like new maps and game modes that DLC adds

seriously? what a lame argument. and the leather jacket doesn't look cool, it looks like a halloween costume. armor plates like batman obviously would be best.

It's part of her book relaunch. You should read the book because it's great but she's now living the college life in Burnside, Gotham and the idea is that she gets her costume from thrift stores because she is down with the kids. It's supposed to look like a halloween costume technically. What armor plates? Batman doesn't wear armor plates outside of this game. As far as I know. The costume in this game isn't that great anyway, it's why you obviously play with Adam West Batman.

That Batgirl costume sucks. It just looks like cosplay. Why can't she wear a real costume like every other Bat family member?

Which one? The game one or the one Messi linked? Because the one Messi linked is GOAT.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Did Arhkam Knight really innovate though? Does the Batmobile really add anything new to the game? Many people don't even like using it.

It does. Car chases, races, takedowns, tank battles etc. Obviously it wasn't very well received but they put a lot of effort into making it the standout feature of the game.

Even if you ignore the batmobile there's plenty of new stuff in AK like dual play,new mechanics in predator sections, new enemy types, new gadgets and more

It may have not been a massive improvement over the previous game, like AC was but it still feels like an evolution of the series, unlike Origins that could have been easily labebled as a glorified expansion pack for City

I knew it. I knew they would disappoint with the DLC again.

And lol at love sick Tim Drake. Complete bastardization of the character.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wolverine fights in a leather jacket. Its not skin tight.

I like the Batgirl costume, but thats also because I like the idea of Batgirl being a teen super hero. It looks like something a teen would wear. The more traditional spandex, tight outfits are fine too.

Alienous

I'm skeptical this is a first playthrough. He's doing everything flawlessly, as though he already knows where to go and what to do. (At least at the point I'm watching, around 15 minutes in) But yeah, seems short overall.

15 minutes in I'm seeing a lot of listening to optional dialogue and following the linear path of the experience.

If it isn't the first playthrough the actual one would have only varied by a few minutes, perhaps even being shorter if they didn't take the time to listen to the enemy dialogue.

But so far I'm not seeing a lot that extends the length of the experience. I'm debating whether I should just watch it all and not bother picking it up. I probably will.

I'm really liking Arkham Knight. I guess I should try Origins next but something tells me that the gliding in Knight will be the reason I like it better overall.

Also, I actually think the Batmobile should have been used a bit more. There is a learning curve to driving it but the missions that use it (for driving, not tanking) are so short it takes awhile to learn.

Also, I actually think the Batmobile should have been used a bit more. There is a learning curve to driving it but the missions that use it (for driving, not tanking) are so short it takes awhile to learn.

Huh, I so often see people post that the Batmobile segments are far too long that it's weird to see this sentiment.

Alienous

Huh, I so often see people post that the Batmobile segments are far too long that it's weird to see this sentiment.

"for driving, not tanking"

I didn't see many people harp on driving the Batmobile. It was more the tank combat that people found tedious. And some people not liking the Batmobile centric puzzles.

Alienous

I definitely see people complain about the driving segments that pop up too.

I hear people talk about individual segments, like a Riddler race. I don't think I've heard someone say "You spend too much time driving around in the Batmobile", referring to traversal rather than combat. You really don't do much of it in a required fashion in the main story.

I hear people talk about individual segments, like a Riddler race. I don't think I've heard someone say "You spend too much time driving around in the Batmobile", referring to traversal rather than combat. You really don't do much of it in a required fashion in the main story.

I definitely see that very sentiment, but that's probably due to me looking at every Arkham thread.

EDIT: Them referring to stuff like APC chases and Riddler tracks. Since you can just drive around in the overworld as much as you want, I don't think MvmntInGrn was referring to that.

Alienous

I definitely see that very sentiment, but that's probably due to me looking at every Arkham thread.

I do too, and I haven't seen that sentiment.

I've seen people talk about spending too much time in the Batmobile as a whole and usually when you inquire about it they more specifically mention the combat segments, and how they didn't mind things like pursuit mode Firefly chases. People certainly aren't as cold in general to things like the APC chases as they are to the drone fights.

MvmntInGrn's comment specifying 'driving, not tanking' is an example of that.

Not even close.

Plenty of DLC is worth a damn.

Borderlands 1 and 2 have both had really strong season passes.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas both had really strong season passes.
Oblivion and Skyrim both got great DLC
Undead Nightmare
GTA4 had great DLC
Bioshock Infinite had DLC (that while controversial) ties all the games together neatly
Mass Effect 2 and 3 got plenty of paid and free DLC
Dishonored is also regarded as having good DLC
Minecraft on Xbox has had strong DLC Support
Burnout Paradise had some cool DLC

That's ignoring how many MP games benefit a great deal from things like new maps and game modes that DLC adds

Less said about Burial at Sea the better.

lol @ people acting like Borderlands 2 had good dlc.

Four expansions that were apparently "General Knoxx-sized," which I guess in Randy Pitchford's definition means "it has a raid boss."

Top Bottom