• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, Karu had said he'd be missing for the rest of the day phase. It's not cool to question IRL excuses like that, when we have said we have an honor system regarding that stuff.

Sorian

Banned
Y'want me to hold your hand or somethin'?...

Speaking of giving a pass, is there are reason no one mentions Karu when it comes to inactivity? His thoughts during D1 can be basically summed up as "Camjo should participate :( :( :(", "I think Mazre is town", and "I'm a little suspicious of Trigger".

But to answer your question about Xam - people say I'm jokey, but look at this guy's posts. Almost all of them are banter with/about Karkador, a fixation on Mazre, or just plain garbage. Nobody's joining me on the weemad vote, so I might as well switch. I'm hopping on the xam train.

VOTE: Xamtheking

Karu said something about not being available yesterday, I assume holiday stuff maybe? That's probably why he fell off radars.

And what I'm saying by high profile cases are Mazre (who role claimed, naturally making him one) and FluxWaveZ (who became one because of your prodding and the reasoning following Ty4on's vote) as your main D1 targets, along with a bunch of the Karkador posts earlier.

I wouldn't pat myself on the back for going after a player who is present more than going after a player who isn't, especially when I'm inventing reasons out of nowhere to point fingers to support my faulty reasoning as you are doing.

You can hardly claim that I am chasing high profile leads when you then list a lead that I pursued on my own and that no one else was interested in until I started on it. I'm also not inventing reasons out of nowhere. I am pointing to your behavior in this very thread, there is a lot of it and it is very negative. If you want me to get meta for a second, town Flux tends to fall all over himself with mislaid plans and tunneling. I don't see that here and the reason I got into observing you more is because I think you have a team that you can't disappoint.

Sorian

Banned
My posts right now:

latest

Before I read the rest of the thread, I wanted to adress this because I'm here for the next 2 hours. My vote on you? Fine, whatever. But I hope you're not insinuating that it's very "convienient" that I have RL to attend to. 1. It's a weekend 2. It's Eastern - that means Family and Friends and long nights of beer and schnaps.

But lucky for you (or not, we will see) I'm here now, so that's super awesome.

Anyway, who were you quoting in this post?

Camjo-Z

Before I read the rest of the thread, I wanted to adress this because I'm here for the next 2 hours. My vote on you? Fine, whatever. But I hope you're not insinuating that it's very "convienient" that I have RL to attend to. 1. It's a weekend 2. It's Eastern - that means Family and Friends and long nights of beer and schnaps.

But lucky for you (or not, we will see) I'm here now, so that's super awesome.

man why do you always have to post just as i'm making a point against you

Yeah, Karu had said he'd be missing for the rest of the day phase. It's not cool to question IRL excuses like that, when we have said we have an honor system regarding that stuff.

I have no problem with people having IRL stuff to do, but he knew in advance he might not be around for the end of the day, so to leave his vote on me with dated reasoning seemed like a way to avoid really voting.

El Topo

I get the feeling you're hearing a different argument than I made.

No. You argued that being against read lists would imply that one is against read and that we would instead solely resolve on power roles. I pointed out that this is simply not true.

So, since we clearly won't agree on the list point, what do you think should be done? Currently I find you to be the scummiest player. Do you have a solid read on an individual?

I find want activity with weight. I want people to argue, to discuss, to take a stance and explain themselves, to give their opinions and thoughts. These are things that will help us later on. Not today, because I find D1 reads unreliable, but later, when we can look back and investigate a player's behavior.

Do I have a solid read on anyone? No. Not on D1. I also may have the worst reads in history of Gafia. So who will I vote for? I'll vote for someone that does not draw attention, that coasts by, that is just active enough to seem meaningful without stirring anyone up. I'll go through the last few pages and hopefully I'll find a proper candidate.

We should make sure that we have a clear candidate ahead of time though, because otherwise we might repeat the mistakes from Archer and Love Boat.

El Topo

I'll vote for someone that does not draw attention, that coasts by, that is just active enough to seem meaningful without stirring anyone up. I'll go through the last few pages and hopefully I'll find a proper candidate.

Just to be clear, I don't think we should lynch someone due to inactivity, at least not on D1.

Sorian

Banned
No. You argued that being against read lists would imply that one is against read and that we would instead solely resolve on power roles. I pointed out that this is simply not true.

So are you saying you aren't against reads? Because this biting sarcasm says otherwise:

I, too, think we should all tell mafia how we really feel so they can better decide who of us they should butcher in the night. Wait, what?

FluxWaveZ

If you want me to get meta for a second, town Flux tends to fall all over himself with mislaid plans and tunneling. I don't see that here and the reason I got into observing you more is because I think you have a team that you can't disappoint.

You are ridiculous. And so insanely wrong.

El Topo

So are you saying you aren't against reads? Because this biting sarcasm says otherwise:

No. I'm against read lists. They're full of empty information. You know my personal experience with read lists? Getting lynched in Election because people read too much into a read list by (proven/lynched) scum.

I want people to give reads. Give me an explanation on what you think of someone with a proper explanation, backed by actual posts, not vague "XYZ seems town/scum/neutral".

El Topo

Read lists tell us nothing. Proper reads tell us about both the poster and whoever he posted about. One can built upon them, compare them with their own ideas and opinions and thoughts.

Fireblend

Banned
This read list stuff with Topo seems more like a semantics argument than anything else, even if his initial comment was phrased in way that seemed more hostile than he appears to think it was, and it's odd he's not conceding that.

I'm willing to reconsider my thoughts posted above on lynching an inactive today, but I'm worried because it seems like only a few people are willing to go that way and I want to avoid a tie. Right now, I don't feel strongly enough about anyone (other than Xam, to be honest) to push for a lynch, I just want to avoid a tie and protect players I want to see sticking around.

I'm gonna re-read some posts, back later.

Sorian

Banned
No. I'm against read lists. They're full of empty information. You know my personal experience with read lists? Getting lynched in Election because people read too much into a read list by (proven/lynched) scum.

I want people to give reads. Give me an explanation on what you think of someone with a proper explanation, backed by actual posts, not vague "XYZ seems town/scum/neutral".

Read lists tell us nothing. Proper reads tell us about both the poster and whoever he posted about. One can built upon them, compare them with their own ideas and opinions and thoughts.

I doubt the confusion is lost on you when you say that telling scum exactly what we think will give them a good list of who to butcher. Past that though, you seem to be arguing against the type of information given and not the form it is given in contrary to what you are actually saying. Reads lists are fine, you just don't want them out there as an obligatory rate everyone type of thing. I want everyone to make a "reads list" before the day ends, that doesn't mean I want them to take every single player and say something about them, they can, but it's worth nothing if they are just going through motions, kind of like Xam's null-all list from early on. I'll start though since the day is wrapping up.

My top two town are weemad and Fire, I've given reasoning for both of these. Fire's has not changed from my earlier list. He's now changed to dogging Xam and he isn't wrong in his assessment at all. As was the case when he was doing it to me, the effort feels genuine. Weemad is the same though she has has stumbled about more. Where Sky says that Flux is injecting himself into conversation, I call bullshit and point to weemad when it comes to someone who was injecting themself in when not required.

Top scum candidates, I have 3. Flux obviously, I'm not going to rehash, I've made my case the past few pages. Coppa, who I've jumped off of because he claims being busy but I don't like what I've seen at all today and I think I'll be following up tomorrow. He knows he is being quieter than normal and has since disappeared since my vote left. It could be the holiday weekend, I'm giving others a pass for the same so I'll do the same here but it doesn't feel right. Finally Xam, Fire is right in what he is pushing. Xam is acting reserved which tends to come off odd. I just finished running a game with Xam as a serial killer though and reserved is not what I would call him there but maybe neutral Xam is more brash than scum Xam. It makes sense as scum has a team in direct contact while neutral is the same as town in that regard.

FluxWaveZ

The fact that you seem to think players will act consistently from game to game if they are of the same alignment is kind of distressing, Sorian.

Sorian

Banned
The fact that you seem to think players will act consistently from game to game if they are of the same alignment is kind of distressing, Sorian.

Some do and some don't. More often than not, they do. Mafia is a game of tells just like any other.

FluxWaveZ

Some do and some don't. More often than not, they do. Mafia is a game of tells just like any other.

A game of tells, not basing your entire reasoning on how players behaved from game to game. People were complaining that I was often citing examples from previous games back in Love Boat, but this is on a whole other level.

SkyOdin

I can agree with this to an extent. There are any number of factors that can control someone's posting habits in addition to alignment. Not just alignment, but what role they are given, who else is around to react to, differing real life circumstances, and even just evolving posting style.

I don't want to discount it entirely, but I am skeptical of any claim made solely on the basis of changed posting habits. In part because I don't have the experience to coorberate these claims myself.

Sorian

Banned
Flux this is all well and good but while the reason that I started looking into you is purely meta, the reason that I am fighting you and voting on you is all 100% based in this thread. I'm not sure why you are poking at the meta bear. I did say that I am suspicious of Xam and have him on my top scum list for purely meta reasons but notice that I am voting for you, not him, my case on him is made solely based on changed posting habits as Sky says above, my case on you is not. Your changed behavior only got the ball rolling, lack of real scum hunting until prompted has been my issue for a majority of the day phase.

I am nowhere near smart enough to compare play from other games, so everyone gets a clean slate from me here in Batman Mafia. On that note, since Mazre is probably going to survive today,
Vote: FluxWaveZ

Flame_AC

Top Town: SkyOdin, weemadarthur, Kark

Top Scum: Flux, Camjo-z, pick one of the inactives as the other

There's my 3 in either direction.

This is my first game with SkyOdin and weemadarthur so I don't have much to base off of, but they're line of questioning and general quality of posts is enough for me to say they're town, for today at least. Kark can't really be looked at today, will have to reexamine on future days, but still, he's seems townier than other people.

Camjo seems very dismissive and hostile towards certain posts which is worrying, though it is Day 1, we still need to start establishing patterns and behavior today. Flux is similar, but has good posts to back his reasoning up. As for the inactive, I'd be willing to go along with him perhaps and pick Pop as the inactive to lynch, that or go for El Topo, if of course no other targets become available.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure why you are poking at the meta bear.

Yeah, I wonder why... Oh wait.
Coppa, who I've jumped off of because he claims being busy but I don't like what I've seen at all today and I think I'll be following up tomorrow. He knows he is being quieter than normal and has since disappeared since my vote left. It could be the holiday weekend, I'm giving others a pass for the same so I'll do the same here but it doesn't feel right. Finally Xam, Fire is right in what he is pushing. Xam is acting reserved which tends to come off odd. I just finished running a game with Xam as a serial killer though and reserved is not what I would call him there but maybe neutral Xam is more brash than scum Xam. It makes sense as scum has a team in direct contact while neutral is the same as town in that regard.
Every single one of your scum reads are because "they don't behave as they normally do." That's why.

TL21xx

Banned
Well we'll, here we are. There's a very good chance I won't be able to post again for the rest of the day, so I'll try to get this all down fast.

Top scum: Flux, Camjo, Xam

Top town: Sorian, El Topo

It all comes down to what you are bringing to the table. Flux and Camjo are playing aggro, but not bringing a lot. Some of this is probably Day 1 jitters, so how they start acting tomorrow will probably change their standing. Xam is Xam. Can't put my finger on it.

I know my town reads seem odd, but I'm going with my gut. Sorian may be overzealous, but he comes by it honestly. Topo is being cautious about Day 1, and I appreciate it.

I will try to pop in before the day's end, but I can't make any promises. Real Life and all that. Good luck Gotham!

Top 3 Town: Sorian, Fireblend, and El Topo
Top 3 Scum: Flux, Mazre, and Weemad

I just get these good vibes from Sorian, man.

I'd rather lynch Mazre, but like I said earlier, probably not gonna happen.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I wonder why... Oh wait.

Every single one of your scum reads are because "they don't behave as they normally do." That's why.

It's a good jumping off point for day 1 and I think there is good theory behind it. Again though, notice the difference between me voting for you and not them. Xam is giving me hesitation because I find it odd when someone puts me on a town list when I just got done saying how scummy I think they are but I'm not sold on Xam completely yet, still watching there.

Flame_AC

You and I have El Topo and Weemad switched on our lists, what makes you think Weemad is scum? I thought their posts have been generally good quality and have contributed to the discussion.

You and I have El Topo and Weemad switched on our lists, what makes you think Weemad is scum? I thought their posts have been generally good quality and have contributed to the discussion.
Their behavior just seems scummy to me, my personal feelings. They aren't as scummy to me as Flux or Mazre, however. I was thinking of only listing my top 2 scum but everyone would have gotten mad at me for breaking the pattern

Fireblend

Banned

Keeping my vote on Xam for now, but why are you trying to push this narrative when it's just not true?

Isn't this the post/arguments you should be defending against?
Shut up, Cloud.
---
I haven't really come up with anything new, I still find Mazre scummy the same reason I initially found Starsketch to be scummy in PW.
Weemad is starting to pop up on my radar because of her general bouncing all over the place when it come to her posts, maybe a newbie scum? Also stresses scum hunting a lot, and while I like scum hunting, I personally think that's a given thing every townie should do
I'd have to disagree with you and that's why I've been fine with weemad so far. Generally, scum forgets that they have to "scum hunt" and while weemad has pressed at weird times she seems to actually be genuinely scum hunting. It's the same reason that I gave Fireblend a town-ish nod earlier on in the day phase. That being said, this is what I tend to look for when I am trying to find scum, the people who aren't focused on scum hunting. I'm removing my vote from Coppa because, while I still think his attitude is off, he's claiming real life busyness and I'm not chasing that day 1. So I will point to these two posts of mine:
Flux - He has been oddly quiet. I can only assume that as he needed to grow as a player, he would have to realize that he can't thrust himself into the spotlight instantly but I also seem to recall that when he was doppel-scum in werewolf, he was also very reserved, at least until he thought that he had won he game. I mention Flux as a quiet person because last night it was obvious that he was watching the thread since he was answering questions almost instantly. The problem was the questions weren't exactly hard hitting (what he thought of Mazre's claim and then a joke answer to a a sarcastic question from myself). I felt it was worth noting that I think this is either low flying scum or Flux leveling up as a player.
My main problem with Flux is that I know he is watching the thread, he's even said as much, but he is poking his head up only when someone says his name. It's an extremely defensive stance.
It's pretty much the opposite of what I said about weemad in the first half of this post. Only speaking when spoken too. Staying in the background. Mild pressing here and there to look good but nothing I would feel is genuine. This post worst of all. I've seen this from scum time and time again:
Oh! I see, never mind then. I'm not used to always reading one's entire post if I'm directly quoted. Since I pretty much always have this thread open, I'll go for what appears to directly be referring to me, and then I'll overlook the rest later.

Sorry about that, SkyOdin, though you could probably see my confusion.
It's a vague promise of more to come later. But nothing ever really comes, it just appeases those watching because if something else interesting happens then you can slip to the background again. Now has he posted since this post? Yes, he's nipping at Mazre's heels incessantly, but I'm still convinced that Mazre is the choice for a lazy policy lynch or a last minute swing to save a claimed PR. The people that want to chase Mazre into the ground are who I am interested in right now, especially if Mazre ends up being town. We'll have to deal with Mazre in a more absolute way eventually but hiding in that easy vote is more worrisome than Mazre's bad play.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

The talk about repeated behavior only started in this page, but you haven't really responded to his other points. In fact you answered to that big post with some almost unrelated response about Mazre.

I very much doubt Sorian is arguing some absolute view on how people play from game to game. The theme for today seems to be "let's write sweeping statements that can be easily criticized". And I don't think pushing for a lynch based on a gut feeling is wrong either, I know Sorian is very greedy in terms of going for risky lynches instead of going for the low hanging fruit so his push for Flux doesn't really surprise me - he makes a good argument too, it's not like he dropped the vote without explanation.

Top scum: Xam, Flux, Topo, the inactives (TL, Karu, Coppa, Ty...)
Top town: Kark, Mazre, Sorian, Weemad

Fireblend

Banned
I am nowhere near smart enough to compare play from other games, so everyone gets a clean slate from me here in Batman Mafia. On that note, since Mazre is probably going to survive today,

You should at the very least pretend you are. This reads like you're asking for sympathy points to justify hopping onto the flux bandwagon.

I just get these good vibes from Sorian, man.

I'd rather lynch Mazre, but like I said earlier, probably not gonna happen.

Why El Topo as town? Why Flux as scum?

FluxWaveZ

Isn't this the post/arguments you should be defending against?

The talk about repeated behavior only started in this page, but you haven't really responded to his other points. In fact you answered to that big post with some almost unrelated response about Mazre.

What points are you referring to?

Karu

Camjo-Z said:
man why do you always have to post just as i'm making a point against you
I'm sneaky like that :p

Camjo-Z said:
I have no problem with people having IRL stuff to do, but he knew in advance he might not be around for the end of the day, so to leave his vote on me with dated reasoning seemed like a way to avoid really voting.
Fair enough.

Some thoughts to current affairs...

El Topo & The Crux of Readlists: He makes a fair case for himself. No list does not exclude Reads by themselves. Don't really see it, but I get where he's coming from.
weemad & The Weird Questions: Seems townish to me, honestly. Gut-Man speaking.
Xam & From Crazy To Not...So... Crazy?: It's just so jarring in lights of his pre-game behaviour and there's something up with that, Since he's not here for Day's end I'm willing to let it go for now, but yeah...
FluxWaveZ & 'I understand''s Brother 'I see': Sorian makes some good points, but I'm not convinced it translates to being scum right now.

But who cares about all that if it's all about Original Content^Trademark^Copyright^Registered nowadays, amirite?

You wanna know why I'm willing to leave my Vote on you, Camjo-Z?
day 1 can plant a large smooch directly on my rear end
Thanks for the contribution!

nyway, if I see something I want to comment on, rest assured that I will.
Yeah, here's an opinion. Maybe people so concerned about others' activity should go pester Karu, who drops a vote on me and parrots an opinion about how I should dance monkey dance on D1 while doing absolutely nothing himself.
Keep these in mind, will ya?

I also think the Batcomputer™ is your early (aka mostly wrong) read list that you refuse to explain because you think somehow that will give you better reads on those people, but instead will just end up annoying them and everybody else.
Personally, I'm more wary of the people who are way too eager to be leading the game. You, weemadarthur, SkyOdin. Lots of pokes, lots of little concerns, lots of dominos being set up for later.
Straight to Day Two, then, yes? Let's also give Scum two free kills - something to talk about at least!

Your entire playstyle shits on the idea of early activity, but then again, that's all you need for your scum hunting, isn't it? Without them you wouldn't have shit to say either, fall upon, getting caught. Then you can come around and dance with a grin, how you uncovered their inconsistencies. How convienient.

Camjo-Z said:
insert vague response here

SkyOdin

Posting top town and scum lists right now is a decent way to get things moving I suppose. We are getting close to the deadline now and are in a delicate situation with the highly spread out votes. I'm getting nervous about the Villains' ability to swing the vote in this state.

Top Town reads: Sorian, FluxWaveZ, weemadarthur, and Karkador
While Sorian and FluxWaveZ have been at each other's throats, I think that both have been acting in town's interest, just with incompatible styles. Perhaps I am willing to give FluxWaveZ some credit, because he has actually been skeptical of my behavior, which is something I can respect. Karkador has done the same, and I think that his efforts to stir discussion, while confusing, have been to town's benefit. Weemadarthur has just been proactive and involved. I don't 100% read these people as town, but it is a start.

Top Scum reads: El topo, Trigger, Camjo-Z and Coppanuva.
These are all people who have been present, but not particularly active or involved in discussion. El topo has mostly been active defending himself from criticism that stems from his original, rather scummy, comments. He is still my vote. Trigger and Camjo-Z have both been laying votes, but have acted in various ways that generally make me wary. Coppanuva has been very quiet, but has been posting just enough to not have an excuse for saying so little as he has.

Fireblend

Banned
What points are you referring to?

Well, if I'm reading correctly, having a lack of initiative, being reactive in a way that gives the impression you're watching the thread waiting to be mentioned, using not being caught up with the thread as an excuse and going against easy targets.

I dedicate this post to my second grade english teacher for teaching me basic reading comprehension skills.

You should at the very least pretend you are. This reads like you're asking for sympathy points to justify hopping onto the flux bandwagon.

Why El Topo as town? Why Flux as scum?
Personal feelings for Topo.
Flux has started to act really shadyespecially in regards to talking about Mazre, for sone reason.
Also, I won't try to pretend anything, thank you very much.
Easily the dumbest player Gafia has ever seen

FluxWaveZ

Well, if I'm reading correctly, having a lack of initiative, being reactive in a way that gives the impression you're watching the thread waiting to be mentioned, using not being caught up with the thread as an excuse and going against easy targets.

I dedicate this post to my second grade english teacher for teaching me basic reading comprehension skills.

I've responded to all of these points. Do you want me to quote my replies?

roytheone

fireblend (0)
sorian 127 (146)
weemadarthur 147 (165)

karkador (0)
flame_ac 128 (439)
camjo-z 356 (511)

weemadarthur (0)
fireblend 139 (303)
camjo-z 511 (598)

sorian (0)
skyodin 141 (523)

trigger (0)
sorian 146 (239)

tl21xx (0)
weemadarthur 165 (304)

no lynch (0)
karkador 209 (226)

camjo-z (2)
karu 219
coppanuva 577

pop-o-matic (1)
trigger 236 (488)
fluxwavez 582

thegoddamn (0)
sorian 239 (310)

mazre (1)
xamtheking 256 (619)
fireblend 303 (506)
thegoddamn 390
flame_ac 439 (571)

el topo (2)
weemadarthur 304
skyodin 523

coppanuva (0)
sorian 310 (544)

fluxwavez (4)
ty4on 499
sorian 544
flame_ac 571 (587)
xamtheking 619
tl21xx 622

xamtheking (2)
fireblend 507 (627)
camjo-z 598

skyodin (1)
karkador 575

10 votes needed for majority!

bla_1459112400.png

FluxWaveZ

having a lack of initiative, being reactive in a way that gives the impression you're watching the thread waiting to be mentioned

There are no grand theories to make; it is Day 1. I'm not into baseless conjecture like you seem to be. I'll take a careful approach with anything, because jumping to conclusions benefits no one. I've posted my thoughts as clearly as possible, and they are 100% my thoughts. I'm not going to write paragraphs of meaningless speculation to appear more town. I'm not going to write elaborate what-if stories to appear more town (on D1). The way things are now, that's all just useless until we actually have something concrete to go on (someone flips, someone claims + report, etc.), and we have nothing of the sort yet because it's D1. I would reserve the "deep analysis" for when it is actually warranted, because the best approach right now is actually a surface-level analysis.

For the rest...

using not being caught up with the thread as an excuse and going against easy targets.

You think I should respond to attacks on my character?

"Easy targets"? "Easy targets" are the type like Mazre, Karkador, or even Xamtheking. Are you saying that Pop-O-Matic is an "easy target"? I can switch my vote to T21, if you wish and that would seem less "easy" to you.

And I'm not sure at all what you're talking about by saying I was not caught up with the thread as an excuse. Another point pulled out of thin air to justify a lynch on me.

Camjo-Z

Flux and Camjo are playing aggro, but not bringing a lot.

and if anyone knows about not bringing a lot, it's TL

Camjo seems very dismissive and hostile towards certain posts which is worrying.

The fact that I've been popping up on so many scum lists suggests to me that the only people worrying are the mafia I've got running scared. They're too afraid to outright vote me because I haven't actually done anything scummy yet, so I currently exist solely as a "suspicious character". Maybe they're planning on a night kill.

You wanna know why I'm willing to leave my Vote on you, Camjo-Z? Your entire playstyle shits on the idea of early activity, but then again, that's all you need for your scum hunting, isn't it? Without them you wouldn't have shit to say either, fall upon, getting caught. Then you can come around and dance with a grin, how you uncovered their inconsistencies. How convienient.

I'm a reactive player, not a pokey-proddy one. I'm naturally going to be more active during late Day 1 than early Day 1.

Sorian

Banned
For the rest...

You think I should respond to attacks on my character?

"Easy targets"? "Easy targets" are the type like Mazre, Karkador, or even Xamtheking. Are you saying that Pop-O-Matic is an "easy target"? I can switch my vote to T21, if you wish and that would seem less "easy" to you.

And I'm not sure at all what you're talking about by saying I was not caught up with the thread as an excuse. Another point pulled out of thin air to justify a lynch on me.

Reading those posts from yesterday, you were focusing on Mazre a lot. My claim that you were going after an easy target was valid. Sure, you've switched gears to Pop now and I can at least agree that it is better, but are you going to pretend it isn't still easy? It's a vote for an inactive that probably won't even show up to defend on it. I don't know what's going on with Pop but it doesn't take a genius to look at this thread and know he isn't around.

As for using not caught up as an excuse. I'll point you to the same post I did before.:

Oh! I see, never mind then. I'm not used to always reading one's entire post if I'm directly quoted. Since I pretty much always have this thread open, I'll go for what appears to directly be referring to me, and then I'll overlook the rest later.

Sorry about that, SkyOdin, though you could probably see my confusion.

You are staying caught up, at a cursory glance, but you even admit yourself that you are only looking for mentions about you. Then you'll look at the rest "later" I gave time for later to show up and it never really did.

FluxWaveZ

You are staying caught up, at a cursory glance, but you even admit yourself that you are only looking for mentions about you. Then you'll look at the rest "later" I gave time for later to show up and it never really did.

Because, of course, what I posted there extends to the entirety of this game. Silly me, that makes complete sense.

And I never said that I would "post more later," I said that I would "overlook the rest" later at that point in time. If you want me to be transparent, I was playing Street Fighter V a bunch on that time in my primary monitor, while this thread was constantly open and being refreshed between rounds on my secondary monitor. After my play session, I then read what had mainly come before that post. That's it. It's another example of you looking too deeply into nothingness to then make up stories in your head you can pass on as fact.

I'm here observing what goes on at day end. Here's what I have for reads.

1. Camjo-Z [m] Seems to be scum hunting, that's towny behavior. Time will tell if it's fake.

2. Coppanuva [m] Absent. Suspicious for it. Don't remember any content in his posts when he was here.

3. El topo [m] My top scum. Despite changing his argument slightly, he is stifling conversation. His point about being obviously town was just bad.

4. Fireblend [m] I'm going to regret this. Top two town. Is reasoning and participating, not hiding in the background, has original content. Lynch you later, bud.

5. Flame_AC [m] Has upped his participation in last part of day. Offers some analysis. Need more data.

6. FluxWaveZ [m] Wasn't arguing well in the early day. Has stepped it up. Others have made plausible arguments against him. I wouldn't save him if it were up to me.

7. Karkador [m] Gambit gambiter. I dunno what he's doing. I try not to interfere in gambits and just hope the perpetrators get bored and give it up. Has given a read list that
Is full of blanks.

8. Karu [m] Suspicious by absence. Not my top scum but needs to really increase participation day two phase.

9. Mazre [m] Gambit gambiter. I dunno what he's doing. I try not to interfere in gambits and just hope the perpetrators get bored and give it up. Null.

10. Pop-o-matic [m] Suspicious by absence. Not my top scum but needs to really increase participation day two phase.

11. SkyOdin [m] My top town. If he turns out scum, wow. Good play, man.

12. Sorian [m] I tried to find something scummy about Sorian and came up with two fairly weak indicators, which he defended. I can't quite push myself all the way to thinking he's town, but there's a distinct lack of evidence he's scum. Need more data.

13. TheGoddamn [m] Suspicious by absence. Not my top scum but needs to really increase participation day two phase.

14. TL21xx [m] Suspicious by absence. Not my top scum but needs to really increase participation day two phase.

15. Trigger [m] Defended against my thinking he was scummy by doubling down on having told the truth. If he's lying he should trip up later.

16. Ty4on [m] Hasn't done much. Needs to step it up.

18. Xamtheking [m] Was all eager to start. Then didn't show up. Then showed up and did a bunch of scummy things. He can't possibly be this bad of a scum player, can he? Is this a gambit? Xam what the hell.

SkyOdin

I'll have to update my previous read lists. TO be honest, Xamtheking wasn't really on my radar. When I went back and read over everyone's posts to take detailed notes yesterday, I actually overlooked Xam because I was mostly relying on the search function to find posts and he posts in too many other threads. So I sorta gave up and didn't bother. Whoops. Since people have been bringing up Xamtheking a bit this morning, I decided to go back and fix that.

Now, even disregarding how Xam might be posting relative to other games, Xam has been acting pretty scummy this game so far. A fair bit of posting compared to our large swath of inactives, but most of his posts are light on content. Xam has two votes, but the first vote was on Mazre, an easy choice due to the role-claim, and the second looks like a bandwagon vote on FluxWaveZ.

What also stands out in my mind is Xam's useless read list that just gave "null" for everyone. It came at a time when there was a lot of discussion about read-lists, and did a lot of damage to the credibility of read-lists. Considering that Xam hasn't posted an updated read-list at all, it doesn't really look good. In fact, I have no idea about Xam's thoughts on the game, other than the fact that he doesn't like Karkador's batcomputer gambit.

Camjo-Z

I actually overlooked Xam because I was mostly relying on the search function to find posts and he posts in too many other threads. So I sorta gave up and didn't bother. Whoops. Since people have been bringing up Xamtheking a bit this morning, I decided to go back and fix that.

For future reference, if you find this topic in the community section and click the number of replies on the right, you get a list of how many times people have posted. Click the number across from their name and you'll see only the posts they've made in this thread.

Schoolwork + holidays = bad times

-I totally see where FluxWaveZ is coming from on his vote for me, and, if he feels I should be lynched, then he has every right to argue so. All I can really say in rebuttal is that I'm town, but that's not worth much.

-Kark's thankfully posting some more substantial stuff now (though still peppered with the Batcomputer garbage), so that's good.

-Sorian playing D for both me & Kark certainly make me a little worried, since I usually associate defending another player with either scum trying to protect one of their own or scum trying to go to bat for doomed town so people won't think they're scum when said doomed townie flips. Probably just paranoia on my part, but still something to consider.

-And finally, I have to say that El Topo has not managed to improve my opinion of him, continuing to defend himself without offering much to the discussion in terms of the scum hunt, and offering a very simplistic opinion of one player. I'm sorry, but his play is just unproductive and I don't have enough faith to expect him to improve in the following days.

Vote: El Topo

SkyOdin

For future reference, if you find this topic in the community section and click the number of replies on the right, you get a list of how many times people have posted. Click the number across from their name and you'll see only the posts they've made in this thread.

Oh cool, thanks. That will help a ton.

Top Bottom