• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman advance ticket sales outpacing The Avengers, Furious 7, Deadpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: Latest word on advance ticket sales for Warner Bros’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M) and Universal’s Furious 7 ($147.1M) two weeks prior to their stateside releases.

One non-Warner Bros analyst has the figure between $20M-$25M, which isn’t that far from where The Dark Knight Rises’ advance ticket sales were before it debuted to $160.9M. Anything above a $152M three-day would make Zack Snyder’s Dark Knight/Son of Jor-El fusion the biggest pre-summer opening. Besting Furious 7, would make BvS, the biggest Easter and April debut of all time. Last we checked, the global bow is between $300M-$340M, and stateside could reach $140M. BsS will play in 4DX, 3D, PLF and Imax, the latter for three weeks.
http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-...ahead-deadpool-avengers-furious-7-1201720435/

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
large.gif

Loxley

Not all that surprising, considering there's the draw of seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on the big screen together for the first time.

massoluk

Banned
Latest word on advance ticket sales for Warner Bros’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M)

Last we checked, the global bow is between $300M-$340M, and stateside could reach $140M.

I don't understand the math. How can they said it could reach $140M but outstripping Avengers $207M.

edit: Oh I see, confusing sentence, 140M was old estimate huh?

witness

That $140m US OW is low balling the fuck out of it. Thats what the studios want so that the press release after it blows that number up is big news. My prediction all along as been between AoU and JW. 140 would be terrible unless it had like 3x+ legs.

Penguin

We were doing so well on not making this thread!

Like, I think a lot of this is Thurs preview screenings. I'm sure it will have a good to great OW, but the real test will of course be 2nd weekend and its drop.

Yeah, but those dingleberries also thought Star Wars would lose to Ultron.
Star wars did lose In Singapore.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...-in-singapores-top-10-box-office-hits-of-2015

OVERALL TOP 10

1. Marvel's The Avengers: Age Of Ultron - $13.1 million

2. Jurassic World - $11.7 million

3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens* - $9.6 million

4. Fast & Furious 7 - $9.2 million

5. Ah Boys To Men 3: Frogmen - $7.6 million

6. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - $7.4 million

7. Minions - $7 million

8. Ip Man 3* - $6.8 million

9. Spectre* - $6.5 million

10. Marvel's Ant-Man - $6.1 million

* Still showing in cinemas when the article was posted.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Somebody unban him to ban him again please

kdIOVFK.png

Oh thats the new BO benchmark now right? Maybe avatar next while we're at it?

lol. Poster is right. He is saying BVS will only make a billion therefore Half of BVS or first part of BVS will make 500 million which is less than Antman.

Edit - shit beaten.

Cipherr

BvS and Civil War are both going to fucking EAT. Im less sure about X-Men. Maybe I'll become more convinced as we get closer? But so far X-Men is a distant thought in my hype meter behind seeing Batman and Supes square up and seeing Antman ride a fucking arrow brehs.

I'm still surprised people actually thought a movie titled fucking Batman v Superman would bomb. I understand some people are not looking forward to this movie at all, but regardless of the reviews, so many people will flock to the cinema to check this movie out.

SimleuqiR

I'm still surprised people actually thought a movie titled fucking Batman v Superman would bomb. I understand some people are not looking forward to this movie at all, but regardless of the reviews, so many people will flock to the cinema to check this movie out.

Batman alone is enough reason for the general public to go see this movie...and this is coming from a Supes fan.

Batman alone is enough reason for the general public to go see this movie...and this is coming from as Supes fan.
Pretty much. You have these two iconic characters going at it in a brawl and there are a couple folk on this very site who are expecting it to not gross much. Doesn't matter if the DCCU is only in its' second movie, that title is not shying away from the big selling point here. Even non-comic fans will want to see these two duke it out.

Biggest news is that Deadpool is in the same list as Avengers and Furious 7

Yeah, Deadpool is the odd one out. It probably will be the biggest surprise hit of 2016, it crossed $700 million world wide on a $58 million dollar filming budget.

It will sell a lot on the first week but what matters is the second week.

The second week drop off will tells us whether the word of mouth is poor or good. I mean look at Man of Steel.

icespide

Banned
It will sell a lot on the first week but what matters is the second week.

The second week drop off will tells us whether the word of mouth is poor or good. I mean look at Man of Steel.

yep. first weekend will be huge, 2nd weekend will tank if word of mouth is mixed. 50/50 shot of it hitting the Billion dollar club WW

element

First weekend was going to be big no matter what. It is percentage drop on 2nd and 3rd weekend which is based on word of mouth, as well as international numbers.

Again, if it doesn't hit $1b global, it would be considered a huge bust.

kswiston

Avengers is too old for presales to be comparable. Everyone already expected BvS to open over those other films.

$140M has always reeked of underprediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom