• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman V Superman Ticket Sales Are Trending close to SW Ep7. Uh, your fish are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

The closer the hype gets the more seats will go. Very happy I have my tickets before the real rush begins. Feel sorry for those people who'll have to settle for neck ache seats.

Does anyone know if we'll be seeing new TV ads this week?

Dahbomb

They had a bunch of new TV spots a week ago but they are just rehashes of old footage. I think ever since that Doomsday trailer they have dialed back on new footage considerably.

I think ever since that Doomsday trailer they have dialed back on new footage considerably.
Wut,
We have gotten a big chunk of a Batman setpiece fight, Wonder Woman leaping into the fight as well as dialogue, extended clip of Batman fighting Superman, a flash of Lois & Clark.

Doubt we see anything else new though.

About quitters, are you guys getting people who quit before they're about to lose? Yesterday I had 2 guys quit during odd times. One guy quit right after I won the 2nd round. The other guy quit as he was getting pounded in the 1st round. And just a moment ago I had a guy quit during the start up screen. Honestly though I'd rather he bail before the match starts then waste my time with a match that he was going to quit anyways. Going on with the match and seeing that you're out matched and then bailing is a different story though.

I don't think that Superman V Batman is an interactive movie although it would be cool if people could control the action during the fight. ;)

Who is buying these tickets? This movie looks to be about as good as the last Superman.

1. MoS lovers
2. MoS haters
3. Marvel fans
4. Marvel haters
5. human beings
6. cats, dogs (my cat likes movement but doesn't like bright lights)

Hyun Sai

tumblr_m81c9umxZS1rsj99vo1_500.gif

I think even Renner is amused by the atrocious blue costume.

Dahbomb

Wut,
We have gotten a big chunk of a Batman setpiece fight, Wonder Woman leaping into the fight as well as dialogue, extended clip of Batman fighting Superman, a flash of Lois & Clark.

Doubt we see anything else new though.
All of these are extended shots of previously shown footage. They haven't shown anything past that Doomsday reveal yet.

Penguin

Here's some new tracking info/projections

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-global-opening-1201713544/

Warner Bros.’ DC title Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice officially registered on tracking reports this morning, four weeks before its March 25 debut, and industry/non-Warner Bros. estimates have the ultimate feud film between the Dark Knight and the Son of Jor-El opening worldwide between $300M-$340M in over 30K screens. Among global superhero debuts, if BvS actually does those numbers, it would rank fifth behind Avengers ($392.5M), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($392.5M), Spider-Man 3 ($381.7M) and Iron Man 3 ($372.5M).

In the U.S./Canada, the Zack Snyder-directed title is expected to pull in an estimated $120M-$140M

Total awareness, definite interest and first choice is huge among males under and over 25. “Youngest females are their weakest quad, but they’re still damn good,” beamed one rival distribution exec this morning.

nsiders tell Deadline that the first day sales of BvS outstripped that of The Dark Knight Rises. That 2012 threequel went on drum up $25M in advance ticket sales before its three-day opening of $160.9M. One rival studio B.O. analyst upon hearing the pre-sales intel on BvS indicated that if the film is truly pacing in tandem with Dark Knight Rises, then the Batman-Superman combo could possibly be looking at a $180M-plus stateside debut

Shaanyboi

Banned
Reactions to start coming in soon?

Anthony Breznican
‏@Breznican

I loved that it took things people didn't like about Man of Steel and jiu-jitsued them into being part of the story.

I'll add that I love the way Batman and Superman fight: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29/batman-v-superman-clip-ben-affleck-henry-cavill …

I'm not the critic, so I won't review BvS. I'll say I prefer a troubled Superman and thought this delivered. It surprised me, too. :)

I gotta go write, but last things I'll say about seeing #BatmanvSuperman. (Personally, I was happy.)

CcoiICaUcAA8PxK.jpg:large

Busty

Banned
At this same point Deadpool was tracking at $50-60m over three days IIRC so that's probably something to keep in mind.

I'd say the good money would be on $160-175m at this moment in time but it could easier go higher...., or lower I suppose.

The main thing to take away from this is that BvS is connecting with people and it will, unsurprisingly, find an audience.

what if i wanted to love MoS but there were like 2-3 incredibly stupid things that kept me from doing so?

is there something as comparably stupid as the twister scene, for example?

ryan299

BvS advance tickets went on sale Monday. How are they? Insiders tell Deadline that the dark knight risesfirst day sales of BvS outstripped that of The Dark Knight Rises. That 2012 threequel went on drum up $25M in advance ticket sales before its three-day opening of $160.9M.

One rival studio B.O. analyst upon hearing the pre-sales intel on BvS indicated that if the film is truly pacing in tandem with Dark Knight Rises, then the Batman-Superman combo could possibly be looking at a $180M-plus stateside debut.

How’s that? Turns out that was the original industry opening projection for Dark Knight Rises before the Aurora, CO. midnight theater shooting struck and slowed down business for the Christopher Nolan film during its first FSS. Put an asterisk on that forecast. Dark Knight Rises had the benefit of summer weekday audiences, BvS is hoping to milk as many spring breakers as possible. However, when it comes to record openings at the box office, does it even matter anymore what season you play?

witness

$120m-$140m is low balling the fuck out of it, but that's just what happens. $180m plus is much more likely, like the analyst believes. Tracking will keep going up, if the movie is really good then it will be in that AoU-JW range.

Anthony Breznican
‏@Breznican

I loved that it took things people didn't like about Man of Steel and jiu-jitsued them into being part of the story.

I'll add that I love the way Batman and Superman fight: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29/batman-v-superman-clip-ben-affleck-henry-cavill …

I'm not the critic, so I won't review BvS. I'll say I prefer a troubled Superman and thought this delivered. It surprised me, too. :)

I gotta go write, but last things I'll say about seeing #BatmanvSuperman. (Personally, I was happy.)

So he enjoyed it but didn't love it?

Anthony Breznican
‏@Breznican

Dammit, I was okay with Man of Steel.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Anthony Breznican
‏@Breznican

Number 3 is a HUGE issue with me :/

Anth0ny

Anthony Breznican
‏@Breznican

#3... uh oh :(

firelogic

Number 3 is a HUGE issue with me :/

Why? Batman is inherently grim-dark. And what's wrong with having a grim-dark comic book movie? We've got a ton of rainbow coloured and a one-liner every 20 seconds in 12 MCU movies so far. X-Men movies aren't really that or grim-dark and ride the line in between. Now we've got something on the other end of the spectrum. Variety is good.

grim/dark is fine, kinda hate that term though. it's about as corny as saying "edge"...

the problem is whether or not it's executed well. we have 14 comic book movies a year. they can't all be the same light-hearted thing. not to mention none of them have even done extremely well with that balance yet since spiderman 2. i'd say tdk and dofp had a good mix of both. but some people here think tdk was too self important and humorless, and dofp was shit. so, whatever...

Vanish

Why? Batman is inherently grim-dark. And what's wrong with having a grim-dark comic book movie? We've got a ton of rainbow coloured and a one-liner every 20 seconds in 12 MCU movies so far. X-Men movies aren't really that or grim-dark and ride the line in between. Now we've got something on the other end of the spectrum. Variety is good.

Agreed, don't really see the issue as long as the movie holds up.

IconGrist

Suicide Squad? Also I doubt Flash or Shazam will be anywhere near this grim.

Depends on their roles really but you're still talking 3 out of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern Corp, Cyborg and Aquaman. Then there is Justice League Dark as well.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm saying no one should be surprised a new Zack Snyder movie adopts the kind of tone present in every other Zack Snyder movie.

I mean... if someone else tackled this same story, would they deviate so hard from a dark tone when the core of the story is "Superman is a fucking danger to the planet after thousands were killed in an alien invasion, and I, Batman, need to stop him"?

Dahbomb

I didn't hate Man of Steel but I didn't think it was that good either. Certainly had a lot of issues. BvS despite being mostly a Batman film has a more saturated and brighter color palette than Man of Steel.

If they took the issues of MoS and improved upon them then this should be a good, entertaining film. My main concern is the pacing.

Boke1879

Anthony Breznican
‏@Breznican

Have no issues with any of this. Have a feeling I'm going to love this movie.

Effect

grim/dark is fine, kinda hate that term though. it's about as corny as saying "edge"...

the problem is whether or not it's executed well. we have 14 comic book movies a year. they can't all be the same light-hearted thing. not to mention none of them have even done extremely well with that balance yet since spiderman 2. i'd say tdk and dofp had a good mix of both. but some people here think tdk is too self important, and dofp was shit. so, whatever...

Grim/Dark is a term I think people have largely been using to wrongly describe something else. Just because a story is serious or perhaps to serious, and one doesn't like that, that doesn't mean it's a grim story. I would guess some don't want to be seen as describing something as "to serious" or "to earnest" in what it's attempting and then not liking it. That might be seen as a negative on the person. So saying it's to "grim" makes them come off better and pushes the negative on the film itself.

Penguin

That tracking estimate is low, I think. Which has to make Warners happy.

I forgot who now, but someone pointed out that it's a strange strategy.

Usually rivals will try to make a film seem larger than possible so that there's a bit of deflation when it comes in under expectations.

this seems to be a case where folks may be downplaying its potential, which would only benefit Warner if it easily surpasses them (which believe will)

Anth0ny

I'm completely fine with grim/dark. Dark Knight is my favorite comic book film of all time.

I'm not okay with "If you hated Man of Steel, not for you". Because I fucking hated Man of Steel =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom