• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman advance ticket sales outpacing The Avengers, Furious 7, Deadpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

I find Flashpoint to be disappointing compares to the source material. It was wayyy too tame IMO and the lack of the backstories for crucial characters like asshole Wonder Woman and skinny Superman is disappointing.

Dalek

I find Flashpoint to be disappointing compares to the source material. It was wayyy too tame IMO and the lack of the backstories for crucial characters like asshole Wonder Woman and skinny Superman is disappointing.

Yeah the book is definelty better but for an animated film it's pretty great. Justice League Doom is good too as well is the one with Crime Syndicate (the name slips my mind at the moment)

I thought the movie was better than the source material.

FLASHPOINT:

The convoluted assassination attempt on Queen Mera by an Amazon, vs Aquaman's dual marriage

Batman sneaking up on RF with a sword vs. Shooting him in the head with a gun. Both are dumb but the second one seems more plausible.

Captain Thunder's awesome fight scene with WW, non existent in the book because of enchantress.

duckroll

The convoluted assassination attempt on Queen Mera by an Amazon, vs Aquaman's dual marriage

Batman sneaking up on RF with a sword vs. Shooting him in the head with a gun. Both are dumb but the second one seems more plausible.

Captain Thunder's awesome fight scene with WW, non existent in the book because of enchantress.

Wow, BvS sounds PACKED! That's so crazy!!!!!!!!!1111

I feel like watching some animated DC movies. What is the absolute top 2 movies I should watch? Specifically with Superman/Batman/Justice League

The ones that I thought were superb: Batman/Superman:public Enemies, Batman/Superman:Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman Apocalypse, Batman Under the Redhood, The Dark Knight Returns 1&2, the Justice league film which had vandal savage exploiting Batman's recorded documents highlighting justice league member's weaknesses

FLASHPOINT:

I really need to watch it. I've been told its good and now being told its better then source material is another big incentive to watch it. I thought the comic book was straight up trash. I read Flashpoint and Avengers vs Xmen back to back for some good awful reason. I think that pretty much killed comicbook events forever for me.

Dahbomb

The 3 best Batman/Superman centric movies are World's Finest, Public Enemies and Apocalypse. World's Finest focuses firmly on the duo and their villains (Joker and Luthor) while the other two has other Justice League members in them.

Outside of that TDKR, Red Hood, Flashpoint and Doom are solid. JL Two Worlds(?) is alright too.

It's back up to 100/100 but I think WB is pulling the reviews because they're disappearing off critics pages, the embargo is lifting on next tuesday at 3:00 pm pst I think.

They should lift it earlier, I think it would convince fence sitters to go.

It's back up to 100/100 but I think WB is pulling the reviews because they're disappearing off critics pages, the embargo is lifting on next tuesday at 3:00 pm pst I think.

I'm gonna just roll in here and spoil everything from my screening

And THEN give it a bad review on RT because I care

Ashhong

6pm PST I believe. Right around the time of the free public screenings that day

jackdoe

There are no reviews. Everything is embargoed until next week. People are just desperate and want to fap over numbers right now.
Some fans are just so fragile over reviews. Hell, as a fan of the Fast and Furious franchise, I don't even look at reviews for those movies and I've applied this principle to any other films I want to watch.

Dahbomb

Embargo isn't on the day of release so that's good at least. Normally when an embargo is that late then you know something is up.

6pm PST I believe. Right around the time of the free public screenings that day

Yeah, beyond the Monday screening for the people who went to the IMAX trailer event, all the fan screenings are on Tuesday like normal

Some fans are just so fragile over reviews. Hell, as a fan of the Fast and Furious franchise, I don't even look at reviews for those movies and I've applied this principle to any other films I want to watch.

What the fuck is a review going to say about a Fast & Furious movie that will stop me from going there

Not enough cars?
Vin isn't in it ENOUGH?
THEY GO INTO SPACE?!

I'm gonna just roll in here and spoil everything from my screening

And THEN give it a bad review on RT because I care

FR7m2SW.gif

Eh, I've been sold on the movie since the first teaser and then the SDCC trailer. I just think the difference between a certified fresh and rotten will be huge for this movie's legs. It's not so much that I think JL won't happen, just those later films like Aquaman, Shazam and GLC that need a strong launch pad to go off of. The film needs to do well enough to convince WB this is the right direction, rather then retreat to the Batman & friends corner.

Rooster12

I thought the movie did the book justice.

They even showed the Wonder Woman and Mera scene.

Now Justice League Doom was where they failed spectacularly for me. Basically once again they turned Batman into a genius and everyone else into idiots. Tower of Bable wasn't like that at all.

Penguin

Embargo isn't on the day of release so that's good at least. Normally when an embargo is that late then you know something is up.

That is worrying, but what would have been worrying is if they were hiding the movie

It does seem like a decent amount of pre-release exposure.

We know critics saw last night. Fans will see monday

IconGrist

That is worrying, but what would have been worrying is if they were hiding the movie

It does seem like a decent amount of pre-release exposure.

We know critics saw last night. Fans will see monday

They've been showing it to just about everybody outside of the general public so that's a good sign. I don't believe Man of Steel had the same exposure. They didn't hide the movie but they were a bit more guarded with it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Both Crisis on Two Earths and Doom kinda suffer for being little more than generic action stories. There's very little meaningful character work, and what is there has little to do with the rest of the plot.

No surprise really, BvS is going to be massive for sure, this and Civil War are probably going to be two of the biggest movies in 2016, I'm looking forward to both now.

Batman v Superman is the warm up and Civil War is the main event for me, cannot wait to watch them at the local IMAX.

I thought the movie did the book justice.

They even showed the Wonder Woman and Mera scene.

Now Justice League Doom was where they failed spectacularly for me. Basically once again they turned Batman into a genius and everyone else into idiots. Tower of Bable wasn't like that at all.

I agree I think Flashpoint was one of the stronger adaptations. You get more if you read the comics, but I didn't feel disappointed by it at all.

Mariolee

Is this the general BvS thread now? Cause I finally watched that one video where Henry Cavill is walking around Times Square with a Superman shirt and no one recognized him despite the dozens of billboards. I was dying at his comment:

Dear Doubter,
The glasses are good enough.
Regards,
Superman

I don't think I have a problem with this canon anymore, and I didn't expect it to be resolved this way lmao

Cipherr

Comparing Deadpool with BvS is the most inane thing ever. Like, what is even the point?

You know we are gonna rank them anyway breh. Soon as this year is over Apocalypse, Gambit, BvS, Deadpool, Civil War, Dr Strange, and probably even the Warcraft movie (I mean, may as well) are all gonna get compared with all the previous Xmen, Marvel and DC films and ordered out from best to worst.

Nothing stops this train.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You know we are gonna rank them anyway breh. Soon as this year is over Apocalypse, Gambit, BvS, Deadpool, Civil War, Dr Strange, and probably even the Warcraft movie (I mean, may as well) are all gonna get compared with all the previous Xmen, Marvel and DC films and ordered out from best to worst.

Nothing stops this train.

Throw Rogue One in there too.

It's a real fucking struggle avoiding spoilers for this. I wanted to see this opening day but probably have to wait till Saturday. Fuck my life.

RT thread is going to amazing. Possibly the biggest crow serving of all time? Can't think of a big movie that got so much shit since day one.

It's a real fucking struggle avoiding spoilers for this. I wanted to see this opening day but probably have to wait till Saturday. Fuck my life.

RT thread is going to amazing. Possibly the biggest crow serving of all time? Can't think of a big movie that got so much shit since day one.

Never understood the hate for this movie, why do people hate on Zack so much?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Eh, I've been sold on the movie since the first teaser and then the SDCC trailer. I just think the difference between a certified fresh and rotten will be huge for this movie's legs. It's not so much that I think JL won't happen, just those later films like Aquaman, Shazam and GLC that need a strong launch pad to go off of. The film needs to do well enough to convince WB this is the right direction, rather then retreat to the Batman & friends corner.
This film is gonna open around 200m. As long as the reviews aren't Fantastic 4 bad the universe will be off to a fantastic start. You know this!

MartyStu

Man of Steel has a personal accolade with me as being the first film since Phantom Menace to have a massive disparity between its trailer and the final film. The Official Trailer 2 still gives me goose bumps watching it now, and got me crazy hyped for the movie before it released.

The actual film was such a bloated mess and let down.

I still really want to see this movie.

Is this the general BvS thread now? Cause I finally watched that one video where Henry Cavill is walking around Times Square with a Superman shirt and no one recognized him despite the dozens of billboards.
It probably would help if he had more than a single movie that wasn't super well regarded under his belt. I'm sure that the likes of, say, Robert Downey or Christian Bale donning their respective mascot logos would garner more attention. A few more movies in and this generation of Supes will likely be more known.

Flashpoint is great but the animation is very 'what the fuck-ish' at times, especially with character design. Aquaman being buff as fuck was just jarring and the lips too of most characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom