• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

Seiniyta

this happens at least once a match for me when shooting from cover.

It's frustrating seeing my bullets hit the wall I'm hiding behind, giving my enemy my location and a free kill as I reload.

Seems like the collission box is either too big or when optimizing it they simplified it a tad too much. It's a relative easy fix, though I'm not familair with the engine from a dev point of view.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just heard "Hot potato!" after a thief threw a grenade.

God damn I love the dialogue in this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So the team who plays the objective wins?

Yes and no. Yes the team playing the objective wins. But at the same time there's fundamental problems with the way the mode works. The mode is basically "keep away" (of course, it's in the name) but there's various methods of keeping one team from actually attempting to get the vehicles back.

I'd say it's more map design, but at the same time the modes are "half-baked" and not well thought out.

Ramirez

This kind of stuff really annoys me when I'm in firefights.
nxinxw.gif

This happens all throughout the map in numerous locations.

Yea, there's a spot on top of the bank that has this issue, sucks.

Does anyone else feel like it's too easy to defend vs cap most points in the dustbowl map for Conquest?

Most matches i play end up being a landslide on one side or the other. It's never close. It feels like once a squad gets a CP it's pretty difficult to recap. Especially the meth lab and the motel, because there are so many little windows and areas to take cover.

I feel like in BF4 that motel would crumble to the ground and leave a lot less cover for defenders and would be easier to recap.

It's frustrating that you can't blow up more stuff and change the map more. I think it would be more back and forth and less defender advantage if you could.

Mugatu

They had to go and clean up a bunch of this stuff in BF4 as well. It's just difficult to catch all of it until people are live and playing. Same with the headglitching which they fixed mostly.

That's what I figured - I know a lot of people don't get this game but I really like it so far and I have faith that they'll try to have a good launch after BF4.

That's what I figured - I know a lot of people don't get this game but I really like it so far and I have faith that they'll try to have a good launch after BF4.

I really like how different the weapons feel - the recoil patterns and increased recoil do seem to balance out the lower TTK. in BF4 you would really have to reach to see differences in a lot of the AR and Carbines.

SMGs are fucking destroyer of all worlds at short range too, but utterly useless at longer ranges.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So what is "mobility" in a measurable form? Like when an attachment says it will reduce a weapon's mobility, what does that mean? Slower weapon switch? Slower reloads? Slower aiming? Slower on-foot speed? I haven't been able to tell myself.

nxinxw.gif

Yea, they had this in BF4 and it bothered the hell out of me.

I noticed it yesterday when I was trying to head glitch a sniper and none of my shots hit.

Do you even FAL bro? that thing rips m16/m416 users to shreds

I find the SCAR-H better. Much more stable but you can still get three pieces if your aim is right.

Man they still use that battlelog bullshit of having to launch the game from your browser?

Fuck that noise, I thought they'd moved past that by now, what a waste of 9 gigs.

I wish they would've done more with the concept that just change skins, add in some police scanner chatter/, gangland speak and a handful of unique objectives.

There was a real chance here to take the BF franchise to previously unexplored territory.

Sadly, this is DEFINITELY not that.

Sure. But that would render an entire gametype worthless, (Hotwire).

I don't see how. The HMG fires really slow and its difficult enough to land shots when you have a fast moving target.

The HMG would probably be better with just no recoil per shot, but even with a slight buff in power, vehicles can still get by without being torn apart by them.

My level 73 cries. I've only played conquest the whole beta though. I'm guessing hotwire is xp heaven?

Yes. You can be MVP just from driving the vehicle the whole time without killing.

legacyzero

Banned
Really annoyed that shotguns shot take a split second to register. I could have bodied an adversary, died, and THEN GET THE KILL.

Ark

Why can't I find Conquest on any map that isn't Dustbowl? I swear on the first day I played Downtown & Bankjob conquest, but everything, literally everything, is 24/7 Dustbowl?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Why can't I find Conquest on any map that isn't Dustbowl? I swear on the first day I played Downtown & Bankjob conquest, but everything, literally everything, is 24/7 Dustbowl?

because Dustbowl is the only map for Conquest in the beta.

TheSeks

Someone actually got to Level 150 in the beta. hahahahaha

He's played 76 hours and the beta's only been out 108 hours. crazy

Hotwire. So long as no one bothers you, you can get 10K in score just "joyriding" in that mode. FairFight is going to soooo ban people that play that mode and do no killing, I feel.

Hotwire. So long as no one bothers you, you can get 10K in score just "joyriding" in that mode. FairFight is going to soooo ban people that play that mode and do no killing, I feel.

I was able to do this the day it came out but it seems like people have wised up. Having a good transport heli and gunner is a must in hotwire.

The thing that pisses me off is how ass the starting weapons are.

The M16 is pure crap compared to later weapons.

You basically have your ass handed to you over and over until you can unlock better gear.

Wasn't this bad in other BF games. The starting weapons in BF3 and 4 had better parity.

Tubie

Someone actually got to Level 150 in the beta. hahahahaha

He's played 76 hours and the beta's only been out 108 hours. crazy

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/inside-the-metaverse

Visceral said:
Climb the Ranks

All the while you'll be earning Rank – a game-wide metric we use to measure overall game progress. There are 150 Ranks and we suspect absolutely no one will manage to get to the top during the Beta, but we'd love to be proven wrong – and there's a free cookie to the first person who does it.

lol

The thing that pisses me off is how ass the starting weapons are.

The M16 is pure crap compared to later weapons.

You basically have your ass handed to you over and over until you can unlock better gear.

Wasn't this bad in other BF games. The starting weapons in BF3 and 4 had better parity.

I don't know about that, I found the Rifle to be ok and I loved the first SMG.

The shotgun is OP and the first sniper rifle is about as good as it was in BF4.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Haven't seen that so much now since after the first day. Doesn't mean it can't be done but people loooooove their breaching charges and RPGs. I actually find it more exciting getting into car chases and chasing after people even whilst capturing a point. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but gives me a laugh :p

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
This brings up a REALLY good question:

How many maps does this game have for Conquest?

In previous BF games, all maps could be played on all modes? Is that the case here, as well?

I don't see why not, if Dustbowl can be used for Conquest Large (and it feels more like Conquest 32 player map IMO) then surely the other two could be ? Maybe they just want to restrict during the beta.

The other game modes I doubt would use anything bigger and the VIP and Hostage modes wouldn't need entirely different maps.

Proxy

One thing I'm really impressed with is just how quick the loading times are (PS4). They were absolutely atrocious for me with BF4.

Ugh, spent all night downloading, only to see that PS+ is mandatory to play.

I do see that PS4 offers a 2 day trial, but I think I got a good sense of this from the alpha.

TheSeks

I was able to do this the day it came out but it seems like people have wised up. Having a good transport heli and gunner is a must in hotwire.

Haven't seen that so much now since after the first day. Doesn't mean it can't be done but people loooooove their breaching charges and RPGs. I actually find it more exciting getting into car chases and chasing after people even whilst capturing a point. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but gives me a laugh :p

Right. But that doesn't change what I said. Get in a Hotwire server with 1000 tickets. Joyride around in circles for an hour. 10+ (probably 50K if you stay in bounds in circles) points easily. Throw in 200% and GG level up.

Ark

You know what I fucking hate the most? When developers lock guns behind factions. I spent $30k on an M16 and I can only use it half of the time if I'm lucky.

Isn't there a license system to purchase the gun for the other faction too? How do I do that?

OrangeOak

Heist mode with teams that know what to do (and after few day there is a lot of people that know what to do) is really fun.Matches are much longer than at the beginning and there is a lot of nice tactics.
Also this game is really making me play all the classes.There are matches where every class has its role to play as the match progresses.
Hotwire is also fun.
I am enjoying this beta a lot more than I thought I would.I don't really remember why but alpha wasn't half that good.

Dr Prob

Banned
Isn't there a license system to purchase the gun for the other faction too? How do I do that?

It's listed somewhere in the weapon loadout menu where you customize attachments, sights etc., but is only available after a certain number of kills. 300, I think.

Eh, just walk up a bit and it's fine. Yeah, it sucks, but Battlefield isn't about hiding in little corners and peaking out a bit to kill people. I need to be way more out than that and kill them when they move around. I can't be re-aiming just because they are out of LOS because I'm slightly out of a rock.

However, there are these railings on the heist map where the stairs leading up to the parking lot can't be shot through. Completely solid collision walls that seem like they can be shot through.

Zombine

Banned
I swear El-P did voice work for the criminals in Hardline. I heard a scream that sounded exactly like his voice, and I wouldn't put it past Volition to have him do some work seeing as how R2J is featured music in the game.

Top Bottom