• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

i had this weird thing happen to me twice last night, the game froze completely whenever i was hit with a gas grenade. has anyone else experienced this?

zychi

Banned
I swear El-P did voice work for the criminals in Hardline. I heard a scream that sounded exactly like his voice, and I wouldn't put it past Volition to have him do some work seeing as how R2J is featured music in the game.

Visceral, not Volition.

I am enjoying conquest too now. Heist is still meh. Having a tons of fun and matchmaking is great.

But why don't people communicate at all?

Ps3 version
Funny I've had playtime on PC and PS3 and I have to say the PS3 community is far better at teamplay, even though I've heard nobody talk. Pc players, what are you doing? Teammates ramming me to get an objective before me? Driving away when I repeatedly press the spot button for pickup? Crashing into me with choppers constantly? Honestly the opposing team is not half as troublesome as my own guys in like 90 percent of games. Shameful

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Right. But that doesn't change what I said. Get in a Hotwire server with 1000 tickets. Joyride around in circles for an hour. 10+ (probably 50K if you stay in bounds in circles) points easily. Throw in 200% and GG level up.

Oh absolutely, I can see it being abused to shit, I was surprised how quickly I levelled up during the beta though I don't mind really.

It's funny as the beta feels a bit haphazard and the game silly and over the top but tbh I just find myself having more fun than I did with Battlefield 4. Maybe it's just the sour taste BF4 left in my mouth, the fact I love action films or that I find this to be more sillier and hence more enjoyable and to my taste but I don't know it's going on the list depending on how well it launches. Bloodbourne is still my main game for March though :)

gl0w

Is just me or there is no option to join friends on the ingame battlelog?

Edit: also the list of servers where friends are playing is always empty

gossi

So how many people here will be buying this game at launch?

Surprisingly, I plan to. I've put more time into the beta than most of my recent games.

One problem- despite the beta saying to pre-order on Xbox Live store, it isn't on the Xbox Live store to preorder yet.

tatsuki

Eh, just walk up a bit and it's fine. Yeah, it sucks, but Battlefield isn't about hiding in little corners and peaking out a bit to kill people. I need to be way more out than that and kill them when they move around. I can't be re-aiming just because they are out of LOS because I'm slightly out of a rock.

Walk up a bit?
bnkcbc.gif

A site is a cluster of squads from both teams chasing each other around those rocks. It's a problem that hopefully will get fixed later on. That's just way too high off the rock to still be hitting a barrier. It's not just those rocks near A site either. It's frustrating when I'm being chased and turn around to shoot an enemy who is right on top of me and hit nothing but an invisible wall with my shots and proceed to die because of it.

tumzvy.gif

If they were in areas in the middle of nowhere far from everything I wouldn't care. They seem to be in areas where constant close range firefights take place though.

I'll definitely be picking it up since I've played the beta. The game is a lot of fun and I find myself coming back to it over and over.

I'm pretty surprised too since I wasn't expecting it to be very good coming off of BF4.

Walk up a bit?
A site is a cluster of squads from both teams chasing each other around those rocks. It's a problem that hopefully will get fixed later on. That's just way too high off the rock to still be hitting a barrier. It's not just those rocks near A site either. It's frustrating when I'm being chased and turn around to shoot an enemy who is right on top of me and hit nothing but an invisible wall with my shots and proceed to die because of it.

If they were in areas in the middle of nowhere far from everything I wouldn't care. They seem to be in areas where constant close range firefights take place though.

Yes, walk up a bit, as in get out of that rock almost completely.

Even if you complain you can't shoot out, they can't shoot you for the same reason.
I get out of cover completely to get full range on moving targets. I would even kill snipers with my SMG while they're trying to shoot me. That's how confident you need to be playing this game to get out of cover.

There's no worry about getting shot because you either get one shot headshot or take a couple of hits and get cover really easily. Battlefield isn't about shooting out of small cover like Arma, and even Arma has tons of these issues like grass having collision on your bullets.

VariantX

Is there much lower recoil with guns in this game or something?? I seem to be able to devastate people with the DMR's and the G18 in this game in a way I could only dream about in BF4. Can equally do horrible things to the opposing team with this game's L96 vs the BF4 version.

terrible

Banned

Even if you complain you can't shoot out, they can't shoot you for the same reason.
I get out of cover completely to get full range on moving targets. I would even kill snipers with my SMG while they're trying to shoot me. That's how confident you need to be playing this game to get out of cover.

There's no worry about getting shot because you either get one shot headshot or take a couple of hits and get cover really easily. Battlefield isn't about shooting out of small cover like Arma, and even Arma has tons of these issues like grass having collision on your bullets.

Battlefield absolutely is about shooting from cover, I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

Fezan

Funny I've had playtime on PC and PS3 and I have to say the PS3 community is far better at teamplay, even though I've heard nobody talk. Pc players, what are you doing? Teammates ramming me to get an objective before me? Driving away when I repeatedly press the spot button for pickup? Crashing into me with choppers constantly? Honestly the opposing team is not half as troublesome as my own guys in like 90 percent of games. Shameful
Yeah there is a lot of teamplay. Maybe people are used to playing as team without communication but it feels so strange that not a single person is talking

tatsuki

"They can't shoot me either." Great, If only it stopped them from taking a few more steps around the rock and killing me while I'm shooting at an invisible barrier(which I had no clue was there) that I thought was the enemies head.

Is there much lower recoil with guns in this game or something?? I seem to be able to devastate people with the DMR's and the G18 in this game in a way I could only dream about in BF4. Can equally do horrible things to the opposing team with this game's L96 vs the BF4 version.

the hit detection/netcode not being complete ass like BF4 no doubt has something to do with it.

Battlefield absolutely is about shooting from cover, I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

No, Battlefield is hella not a cover shooter. It's about movement and flanking. If you're not moving around as a team taking objectives, you're not playing the game correctly.

I'm rank 50 in Hardline with a positive KD and a 71% win rate, so I know what I'm doing.

"They can't shoot me either." Great, If only it stopped them from taking a few more steps around the rock and killing me while I'm shooting at an invisible barrier(which I had no clue was there) that I thought was the enemies head.

Your gifs just show you shooting at no one, so I can't put your words in actual context. I always strafe for cover, not go above cover.

Dr Prob

Banned
Is there much lower recoil with guns in this game or something??

Feels that way. The default assault class gun is totally out of whack, but nearly everything else feels like you're firing laser beams. The low ttk together with what seems to be improved aim assist certainly factor into it, but at times it seems almost automatic.

Then again you see people arguing the opposite; that the recoil is off the charts. Doesn't seem to track, but maybe this all a dream.

Ramirez

Well, your shots actually kill people as they should, unlike BF4 for one. :p

meppi

No, Battlefield is hella not a cover shooter. It's about movement and flanking. If you're not moving around as a team taking objectives, you're not playing the game correctly.

I'm rank 50 in Hardline with a positive KD and a 71% win rate, so I know what I'm doing.

Your gifs just show you shooting at no one, so I can't put your words in actual context. I always strafe for cover, not go above cover.

Those are quite the mental gymnastics to defend an obvious flaw in the game. :-/

Don't go thinking that because you play a certain way and have a positive K/D ratio (lol?) that everyone else plays BF games exactly like you do.
The way you are describing it makes it sound like that's the only way to play the series, while it's anything but.
Each and every situation can and will be tackled in a ton of different ways depending on the people as well as the situation. Having some invisible walls blocking shots is just something that throws in a random variable into the mix which will no doubt end up annoying quite a lot of people.

So I was able to finally download and play today..I played for about an hour and got bored..I'm not feeling the game at all..Its ugly compared to BF4 also.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I can't fucking believe that visceral put the line "drop your weapons now" when playing as the cops, what the fuck. That line is so out place in a game that has nothing to do with how actual law enforcement works. Anyway i played like two hours today and my first impressions is that it's good but i really hate having so many weapons being faction exclusive i hated that shit in BF3.

So I was able to finally download and play today..I played for about an hour and got bored..I'm not feeling the game at all..Its ugly compared to BF4 also.

Yeah, what is the deal there?

The graphics actually looks like they've depreciated since BF4. How does that happen? Did they downgrade to ensure 60 FPS? Pretty lame if they did. They have had extra time to learn the hardware now. They shouldn't have to scale back the graphics.

terrible

Banned

I have over a 4 K/D in BF4 and my win% is well over 80% so I know what I am doing too I guess if we're just gonna stat brag. Using cover is absolutely huge in these games.

To be very specific one of the main keys to success as infantry is attacking and defending from smart positions, ie cover. When you have invisible walls like this it hurts the game competitively.

I also want to comment about the gunplay.

Something feels very "off" about the weapon mechanics.

The weapons don't handle and fire like previous BFs.

They take a LOT of getting used to. I used to dominate in BF4, but I am getting hosed in this game.

The problem is next to no one has it.

You have to unlock it (which is idiotic) and it takes a lot of money. You need those points for weapon upgrades.

Yes, I agree that is part of the reason. But playing Hotwire helps to speed up the cash income hehe.

I also want to comment about the gunplay.

Something feels very "off" about the weapon mechanics.

The weapons don't handle and fire like previous BFs.

They take a LOT of getting used to. I used to dominate in BF4, but I am getting hosed in this game.

Maybe is my imagination but I feel there are a lot of spread in the bullets, even at short distances, specially on submachine guns

I have over a 4 K/D in BF4 and my win% is well over 80% so I know what I am doing too I guess if we're just gonna stat brag. Using cover is absolutely huge in these games.

To be very specific one of the main keys to success as infantry is attacking and defending from smart positions, ie cover. When you have invisible walls like this it hurts the game competitively.

Cover = Camper
Camping = Losing

If you're not running 90% of the time, you fail.

VariantX

the hit detection/netcode not being complete ass like BF4 no doubt has something to do with it.

Yeah, thats one thing this game has over BF4, stuff seems to go where you put the crosshair and it feels far more consistent. Shotguns in this game dont suck like they do in BF4 either and I dont feel like I have to sneak up on everyone to use them too.

Feels that way. The default assault class gun is totally out of whack, but nearly everything else feels like you're firing laser beams. The low ttk together with what seems to be improved aim assist certainly factor into it, but at times it seems almost automatic.

Then again you see people arguing the opposite; that the recoil is off the charts. Doesn't seem to track, but maybe this all a dream.

Haven't unlocked any other assault rifles yet in my short play time but If its as you say, I'll grind out the cash and try another one out as soon as possible to test for myself

Well, your shots actually kill people as they should, unlike BF4 for one. :p

Yeah I've noticed I start shooting at a guy in BF4, either my bullet seems to come out and hit nothing even when the sights are on the targets body. I don't mind that I die because i didn't go for a headshot and lose the damage race, but I hate when the game just decides that the bullet you just fired simply didn't exist and you proceed to go down in a encounter you could have won.

terrible

Banned
Cover = Camper
Camping = Losing

If you're not running 90% of the time, you fail.

That's not true at all though. You don't run around while attacking and defending a flag. You only run when moving between them. The most important encounters happen around objectives and that is when you want to be using cover to your advantage.

Arguing that you're not supposed to be able to shoot through the air surrounding some solid objects/terrain is absurd. It's a blatant bug. They should change the hit boxes or whatchamacallit to fit the actual geometry so players know where they can shoot without the game giving faulty visual feedback for no reason and have them waste half their mags trying to find where this arbitrary invisible wall ends.

Top Bottom