• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront 2 Is Still Pay 2 Win

Enosh

lootboxes are the biggest cancer in gaming atm and I have no idea how they managed to spread as far as they did (I guess I'm part of the problem, I was fine with them in BF4, but they only rewarded easy to acquire attachments and some custom stuff not stuff like weapons or hero unlocks and i've never bought one in BF4 or any other game for real money)

I just hope people don't just give in like they did with all kinds of other DLC

Fuz

Banned
No paid DLC. All DLC will be free.*

* Some of the DLC like heroes, weapons, and star cards, while free, will be locked when you obtain them, and need to be unlocked using in game currency... which is easier to obtain if you buy crystals to spend on loot boxes. Maps and modes will be "free" free, no in game currency.

Let's just... not call that "free".

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Let's just... not call that "free".
Yeah, all of this (except maps and modes) will be locked either behind paywall or timewall, and you need to grind a lot to unlock what you need. It is always works that way and there's now way around it.

Played it through EA Access at the weekend and was immediately put off by the level of grind needed and the incentive to buy to speed it up.

Will be sticking to Overwatch and Titanfall 2 for my multiplayer, and Wolfenstein for my single player.

Top Bottom