• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 to stay as Wii U Exclusives

i mean, its bayonetta 2, first game sucked but for some reason it became important to Wii U owners, i guess they are that desperate for software?

I.......*explodes*

Also Nintendo probably owns 101 as their own IP so of course its not going to other platforms.

teeny

SEGA I guess.

The same SEGA that killed the game because it wouldn't sell on the aforementioned consoles? I wouldn't hold your breath. ;)

i mean, its bayonetta 2, first game sucked but for some reason it became important to Wii U owners, i guess they are that desperate for software?

Sometimes, other people like things you may not like. I suggest you learn to deal with that fact.

JDSN

Banned
I thought the publisher of Bayonetta was Sega and not Nintendo

sega23qic3.png

Can't blame people for hoping something good to happen even if the chance is small.

The chance isn't small, the chance of it happening is 0.

It's like saying you can't blame people for hoping a hot female genie will appear out of no where and start sucking their dicks while millions of dollars start falling from the sky.

You have the same chance of both things happening.

On another note Nintendo should just buy the IP from Sega. It would make a nice addiction to their portfolio, and fill a hole in their 1st party IP line up.

Gadirok

I'm actually more interested in the sales of Bayonetta 2.

Of course it won't come to the Ps4/720. Its more likely that Nintendo will go third party and fall out, ahaha.

Who owns the intellectual property for bayonetta 2 though? Would it be possible for a goty edition or complete edition to release for the other consoles if the additions were funded by other sources outside of Nintendo?

Esura

Banned
The chance isn't small, the chance of it happening is 0.

It's like saying you can't blame people for hoping a hot female genie will appear out of no where and start sucking their dicks while millions of dollars start falling from the sky.

You have the same chance of both things happening.

On another note Nintendo should just buy the IP from Sega. It would make a nice addiction to their portfolio, and fill a hole in their 1st party IP line up.

LOL awesome post.

Would be nice if Nintendo buy up a lot of Sega's IPs. Not as if they use many of them anyways. Buy Valkyria Chronicles Nintendo.

Gamers are so delusional. You want to play these games, buy a Wii U. Thats how exclusives work. Its like 80% of neogaf is as clueless as casuals.

Who owns the intellectual property for bayonetta 2 though? Would it be possible for a goty edition or complete edition to release for the other consoles if the additions were funded by other sources outside of Nintendo?
Up to this point it's Sega, but we don't know all the details on the deal Nintendo made. Could be co-owned, now.

Pretty sure that didn't say the games were exclusive, maybe Nintendo will release them on Xbox and Playstation.
Terrible sensational thread title.

Porcile

I'm actually more interested in the sales of Bayonetta 2.

Of course it won't come to the Ps4/720. Its more likely that Nintendo will go third party and fall out, ahaha.

Again not a chance. Nintendo aren't going to allow some other Publisher to sell and make money off of content they've funded. Pretty sure copyright applies to scenarios as well too. So a company couldn't just remake Bayonetta 2 and release it as something else either.

I do not see how it is impossible; these things have a tendency to bend with time based on financial needs, desires, expectations, events, catastropes, etc.. I understand that Nintendo being involved in the publishing ties them together closely, but this is a volatile industry where crazier shit has happened.

I don't personally have much of a stake, I'll follow Platinum just about anywhere and then includes towards a Wii U purchase when these games are out.

I do not see how it is impossible; these things have a tendency to bend with time based on financial needs, desires, expectations, events, catastropes, etc.. I understand that Nintendo being involved in the publishing ties them together closely, but this is a volatile industry where crazier shit has happened.

I don't personally have much of a stake, I'll follow Platinum just about anywhere and then includes towards a Wii U purchase when these games are out.

If Nintendo owns TW101 IP how in the world do you think it is getting ported?

Daedardus

Pretty sure that didn't say the games were exclusive, maybe Nintendo will release them on Xbox and Playstation.
Terrible sensational thread title.

Yup, thread title should have been 'Nintendo may publish Bayonetta 2 on Xbox and Playstation'

No chance? Oh man! :(
Well, there is a chance. It's only really really small. About as big as an evil, ugly looking dude kissing with your wife while all your money gets sucked into a black hole.

Haven't you heard? Nintendo are doomed! They're going to be having a fire-sale next week to sell of all their IP and go third-party on MS & Sony.

Keep your mealy eyes off our games you lot. You've already had Rayman. Buy a Wii-U for these :p

Porcile

Has Nintendo ever funded a game's development and not owned the IP?

How did it work with Rare?

edit - I'm guessing they sold the IP's along with their interest back when it happened?

Those things can change to. Nintendo could sell it, license it,
nintendo could get out of the hardware business
. TW101 could be a flop and/or terrible and no longer valuable to them. I don't think any of these things are likely, but they're hardly impossible.

Daedardus

. TW101 could be a flop and/or terrible and no longer valuable to them. I don't think any of these things are likely, but they're hardly impossible.

If it flops, I see an even smaller chance for it getting a port.

B.O.O.M

W101 is a Nintendo IP so that was never an issue. Who owns the Bayo IP? Sega or Platinum? Either way I personally don't really for either title though it would cool have Bayo. Really had fun with the first game, great great combat system. Pretty bad environments, story etc though. As is the norm with most Platinum games

Erethian

I could win a billion dollars too. Anything is possible!

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
Good news for Wii U owners. I wonder if they can confirm if Mario and Zelda will also remain exclusive.
lol no way . Why would you release a game on 1 platform instead of 3 ? They would sell way more copies if the would go multi. Nintendo isn't that stupid.

The only reason I could see a tiny bit of chance that Bayonetta 2 could be eventually ported is because the IP is owned by Sega(/Platinum?). It is possible, although very unlikely given Sega was apparently not interested in a sequel, that Nintendo was so desperate for exclusive content that they agreed to fund it for a timed exclusivity. Nintendo, after all, had a significant hand on Razor's Edge, for what, 3 months of exclusivity?

W101 is a total different situation, though.

japtor

Has Nintendo ever funded a game's development and not owned the IP?

How did it work with Rare?

edit - I'm guessing they sold the IP's along with their interest back when it happened?
Yeah, pretty sure Nintendo owned everything then included the Rare developed original IP (i.e. Conker, Banjo, PD, etc) in the sale to MS.

Porcile

These are the only likely scenario's in which this possible. And it's hugely hugely unlikely to ever happen in the short term. Maybe when it does happen in some long off future, I doubt people are going to care too much like the levels they are now.

These are the only likely scenario's in which this possible. And it's hugely hugely unlikely to ever happen in the short term. Maybe when it does happen in some long off future, I doubt people are going to care too much like the levels they are now.

Sure, I agree with all that. Point is nothing in this industry is chiseled in stone.

StuBurns

Banned
I think people are right that it'll remain exclusive, but for the wrong reason. We don't know, and we most likely never will, exactly what the contract says, but the publishing rights reverting to Sega seems highly possible. But even if it did, what are they going to do with it? Port it to PS3 and 360? A year after the next console? It wouldn't sell at all, and Sega already don't care about package games beyond a certain threshold. Even if they can port it, they won't.

Mael

Gamers are so delusional. You want to play these games, buy a Wii U. Thats how exclusives work. Its like 80% of neogaf is as clueless as casuals.

You could make a good case that hardcore gamers in some (most?) cases are way more clueless in general...
Also if when the credit roles you see the usual text
"All music ..."
Then it's Nintendo's IP and no one else.
For W101 you've got more chance of seeing Golden Sun on Vita than seeing it ported.

Top Bottom