• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 getting a Collector Edition in Europe (dated Oct 24)

Jofamo

I got the email as well, despite the issue being resolved on my end, and the rep upgrading me to the special edition. I think it's just a generic thing.

69wpm

Okay just spoke to customer support. She says she can't speculate or guarantee that the original order would have been upgraded, but to make an order now for the standard edition then get back in touch if those orders are upgraded and they'll honour it.

Pretty good if so, hopefully we get upgrades :) Hope that helps others.

That is so weird. Seems like their customer support has no idea how to handle this.

MicH

Actually, us cancellers now have a legitimate complaint if they start upgrading people or giving some other form of recompense, given that we cancelled our orders after being advised by customer services that it wasn't going to happen.
Yeah. I was specifically advised to cancel my order and order the SE if I wanted B1 by a service rep.if they upgrade the orders, I will definitely need to contact them

Craft

Got the Amazon email too.
I'm guessing Amazon will issue a digital download code for everyone who ordered the standard edition before the description changes were made, I can't see them upgrading everyone to the special edition.

Kiru

Limited first print here:

i checked this site everyday every 10 minutes so this one is fresh, grab it and it is yours :)

quote to see :)

i ordered it now 2x, buecher.de and there. if i receive it twice i will sell one here for the same price i paid.
death to all scalpers!

Ordered it there too now. Still a lot of time to cancel if I get it cheaper somewhere else. :)

Lernaean

Banned
Got the Amazon email, but i've already cancelked and ordered the SE from them.
I have the chat transcript where their CS guy tells me to do so.
There will be Blood.

I'll use their coupon to pay my next preorder.

Hello,

You recently purchased Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) Standard Edition:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BCWYRJA/

We're aware that the product details indicated that this edition would include the first Bayonetta game. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll contact you with an update by 16 September, 2014, if not sooner.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

Same.

:(

Astral Dog

This edition doesnt look very good to me, if its going to have an artbook, at least include the demons on it, im not sure if it includes them, but it doesnt seem like it does,other than that, is the book case, wich looks nice but also cheap, im a little dissapointed with this.

I would still buy this in a heartbeat if i could, though :p

scamander

Banned
This edition doesnt look very good to me, if its going to have an artbook, at least include the demons on it, im not sure if it includes them, but it doesnt seem like it does,other than that, is the book case, wich looks nice but also cheap, im a little dissapointed with this.

How can you tell all that just by looking at a fake CGI-Trailer and product shot?

Kouriozan

at least include the demons on it, im not sure if it includes them, but it doesnt seem like it does

uxQcpLg.png

AngelSlayer

Neo Member
I keep pressing F5 on Mediamarkt.de and Saturn.de

Just the thought of going to the local store first thing in the morning and getting the FPE makes me incredibly happy.

walnuts

Is it possible to get the game Day 1 once you preorder it at Game and Media Markt? I'm considering to get the Special Edition early in the morning too.

AngelSlayer

Neo Member
Is it possible to get the game Day 1 once you preorder it at Game and Media Markt? I'm considering to get the Special Edition early in the morning too.

Saturn and Mediamarkt let you preorder and pay in advance but you can choose local pickup instead of shipping. If the local store has it (I tried with Innsbruck, Austria, for example), then it says it'll be ready for pickup on Oct. 24th. So yes, it should work. Never tried this though..

EDIT: Do you even need to preorder the Special Edition at Mediamarkt, considering you have to pay immediately? I bet they'll have that one in stock from the beginning anyway.

walnuts

Saturn and Mediamarkt let you preorder and pay in advance but you can choose local pickup instead of shipping. If the local store has it (I tried with Innsbruck, Austria, for example), then it says it'll be ready for pickup on Oct. 24th. So yes, it should work. Never tried this though..

EDIT: Do you even need to preorder the Special Edition at Mediamarkt, considering you have to pay immediately? I bet they'll have that one in stock from the beginning anyway.

Thanks for answering. I will give it a try.

FryHole

Show some initiative. You have plenty of examples in this thread with success.

When you've received an email saying

We're aware that the product details indicated that this edition would include the first Bayonetta game. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll contact you with an update by 16 September, 2014, if not sooner.

I don't see the point of pushing anything until it's no longer the 16th. That's the situation a few of us are in here.

Storm360

regarding amazon.co.uk

just checked my order history, they did upgrade my order at no additional cost

Same.

Now I have to pick, this special edition and cancel my First Print or the other way around?

This does have full retail boxed copies like First Print right?

MicH

Currently chatting with Amazon again. I was advised to cancel my original order (and did), so I am trying to get them to upgrade my order like everyone else. So far they are not budging. God, this is ridiculous. I even have transcripts stating that my order would include Bayonetta 1 and then another rep telling me to cancel as it didn't anyway

Currently chatting with Amazon again. I was advised to cancel my original order (and did), so I am trying to get them to upgrade my order like everyone else. So far they are not budging. God, this is ridiculous. I even have transcripts stating that my order would include Bayonetta 1 and then another rep telling me to cancel as it didn't anyway
You might also get the upgrade e-mail too (as you got the one advising you to wait for further action). When you do jeff@amazon.com might be better way of doing it (that tends to not go to the useless customer services but might be just as useless in the end).

I can see them upgrading the canceled order and trying to make out you did it.

MicH

You might also get the upgrade e-mail too (as you got the one advising you to wait for further action). When you do jeff@amazon.com might be better way of doing it (that tends to not go to the useless customer services but might be just as useless in the end).

I can see them upgrading the canceled order and trying to make out you did it.
I'll try that. All I got out of the chat was the rep telling me to wait for the e-mail, so I guess that's what I'm gonna do for now. I'll try emailing him once I get the email. Thanks!

Nezzhil

I'll try that. All I got out of the chat was the rep telling me to wait for the e-mail, so I guess that's what I'm gonna do for now. I'll try emailing him once I get the email. Thanks!

I'm in the same situation that you. I hope that this ends well!

TheMoon

So the £45 special edition has two disks? If so, getting that day one instead of the most expensive one.

there is no version of bayonetta 1 on wii u in a box two that isn't on a disc. all versions you buy in a store that have bayonetta 1 included in any region are disc copies. for europe, we have the certain knowledge that it comes in its own regular game case, too. in the us and japan that part isn't explicitly clear.

scamander

Banned
Can someone post a screenshot of the upgrade e-mail please? I would really appreciate it. Having a hard time with the customer service right now... again... -.-

Top Bottom