• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 getting a Collector Edition in Europe (dated Oct 24)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Game cancelled :-(
I guess it's their "no overseas shipping over 1kg" policy.

It looks pretty neat and if this was 2 years ago or so I'd have bought it. I don't have the same urge to buy limited editions anymore. I suppose it has to be really special for me to buy a limited edition these days. The only thing I regret not getting is the Ni No Kuni lim. edition because Zavvi fucked up my order. That still hurts. Anyway, happy for those that got it! I need to order the game.

walnuts

Has anyone previously preordered games from Media Markt? I preordered the Special Edition, they already got my money, but I received an email after preordering that said I would be able to get the game 2 DAYS AFTER the release date at my nearest store.

Did this happen to you? Someone who's buying the game at the store at launch date can get the game exactly that day, but me, an idiot who prepaid for the game one month earlier does not have the right to get the game at launch, needs to wait two to get it. This does not make any sense.

I'm considering to contact them, ask them if I will be able to get the game at the exact launch date, or canceling my preorder and getting my money back. It will be hard, but I prefer buying it at Amazon if I have to get it late.

canocha

Just received this e-mail from Game.co.uk:

Thank you for preordering Bayonetta 2 from GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of Bayonetta 2 we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you on launch day! To help everything go smoothly for you, we will be processing your order and taking payment from Monday 20th October.

What do I need to do now?

Please check you have enough funds in your account and ensure your billing and delivery address details are up to date. You can update your order by logging into your GAME account. If you don't have an account please contact us by clicking on the following link http://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Contact-Us

Is that all?

Yes - If your payment is processed successfully you will receive an email letting you know that your order is on its way. Your order won't reach you early; the email just means it's being held ready for delivery on launch day.

If there is a problem with your order you may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled. This could be due to a problem with your payment method. If your order is cancelled in this way please place a new order here www.game.co.uk/bayonetta2 or alternatively contact our Customer Service Team.

Please be aware that if your order is being shipped outside the UK we unfortunately cannot guarantee delivery on the release date.

I don't know why, but i'm getting a feeling the transaction is going to fail.. just to piss me off!

Zafir

Yeah, got the same email.

It'll probably mean the CE will be available again when it happens as some will inevitably fail, so anyone still looking to grab one should keep checking GAME's page.

Is there a collector's edition for NTSC systems?

No, unless they do something sneaky like they did with Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors (they sold a couple of hundred LEs through the Nintendo World Store in NYC).

But ALL North American copies will get the first Bayonetta (on disc?), unlike Europe where only the First Print Edition and the Special Edition will get it.

I don't know why, but i'm getting a feeling the transaction is going to fail.. just to piss me off!

I saw this email on my phone so the subject line was "Important Information Regarding Your Order"

I was thinking "Oh man please don't tell me they cancelled my order"

Then I read the first line "Due to the epic size of Bayonetta 2..."

I was about to scream, then I read the rest and relaxed a bunch.

AngelSlayer

Neo Member
Has anyone previously preordered games from Media Markt? I preordered the Special Edition, they already got my money, but I received an email after preordering that said I would be able to get the game 2 DAYS AFTER the release date at my nearest store.

Did this happen to you? Someone who's buying the game at the store at launch date can get the game exactly that day, but me, an idiot who prepaid for the game one month earlier does not have the right to get the game at launch, needs to wait two to get it. This does not make any sense.

I'm considering to contact them, ask them if I will be able to get the game at the exact launch date, or canceling my preorder and getting my money back. It will be hard, but I prefer buying it at Amazon if I have to get it late.

I preordered the FPE from Media Markt a while ago and all it said was that it would probably be available for pick up on 24th October, at the store I selected for the purchase.
Customer service told me that they generally send out the pick up confirmation when the respective store gets the item, but I'm not sure if this means you could get it before the 24th (which would be amazing though).

If you don't get a confirmation until the 23rd/24th, I'd suggest you just buy it in store day one (I bet they'll have the Special Edition in stock from day1), and cancel the online preorder when you get home. They should give you an immediate refund.

mcmmaster

I never received that email from GAME about processing the orders early, should I be worried?

Really hope I don't end up losing my first print edition preorder.

Zafir

I never received that email from GAME about processing the orders early, should I be worried?

Only if you don't have enough money in your account now.

The only thing they're doing is charging now instead of say Thursday ready for release.

mcmmaster

The only thing they're doing is charging now instead of say Thursday ready for release.

I paid through PayPal but the payment won't show up anywhere in my account, yep I think I'm screwed.

They said on Twitter that they'll start taking payments from today meaning they could take it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Zafir

I paid through PayPal but the payment won't show up anywhere in my account, yep I think I'm screwed.
Make sure you aren't only looking at completed payments? Some of the paypal views only show completed payments. If you haven't been charged yet, then the status on paypal will be pending.

Edit: Oh, and double check your GAME account. See what the status is listed as on your order list?

I can't imagine that email not being sent unless your order didn't go through when you originally made it(besides the natural issues of email being in junk or w/e). They wouldn't have cancelled yet because of paypal.

Zafir

They didn't charge me today (yet)!

I was watching my e-mail like a hawk... just in case something goes wrong!

Hate to say it but if something goes wrong, you're screwed regardless unless it comes in stock again. xD They just flat out cancel your order if they can't charge, and don't give you the choice of changing payment method. Support don't help if it happens too, I had it happen in the past and tried to talk to support to get it reinstated and they said they couldn't do anything.

canocha

Just recieved an e-mail from GAME:

Hi

Great news! We've started processing your order and will have it ready for delivery very soon.

If you've ordered more than one item then your order may turn up in multiple deliveries. Also, please note that if you use our online tracker it may show your order as 'shipped' - this means we have packed your order ready for delivery - get ready for release day!

And my credit card was charged!!

jimi_dini

"If there is a problem with your order you may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled. This could be due to a problem with your payment method."

Wow, I dodged a bullet there. My bank has game.co.uk blacklisted, so it was already a hassle to create an order. I'm pretty sure that mine would have been cancelled.

Robin64

Shipped! Going to do the Bayo 1 -> Bayo 2 route myself.

(Also, I like how the new OT rules mean people just chatter in the review and news threads instead...)

Bought the download code from Game yesterday, it says coming soon where code should've been on the email.
Does anyone know when they usually send them out?

Sweet, people are getting their preorders shipped and paid for now.
Hopefully mine'll go through soon; I got the epic size email over the weekend at least, and I'm 99% sure my payment details are correct :lol.

Ban Puncher

Just got the email from GAME and credit card has been charged.

Incoming witches.

Bea_a11_akuwarai5.png

And mine's been charged and confirmed now.
Is there any chance Game'll get it delivered to people before Friday? I know they used to be good at getting preorders to people early.

Not like I'll have time to play it before Friday night mind you.

Greye

I'll go with the normal edition, those big logo's are a bit too much for my taste. I'm very excited for the game though!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last update, hour ago.

Hi

Great news! We've started processing your order and will have it ready for delivery very soon.

If you've ordered more than one item then your order may turn up in multiple deliveries. Also, please note that if you use our online tracker it may show your order as 'shipped' - this means we have packed your order ready for delivery - get ready for release day!

Australia here.

kubus

I completely forget to call the local Game Mania if they processed my internet preorder of the First Print Edition correctly.

I'll just wait it out now, hopefully I'll get the "you can pick it up!" text message soon :D. I've never played Bayonetta 1 and I can't wait to finally see what the fuss is all about.

I completely forget to call the local Game Mania if they processed my internet preorder of the First Print Edition correctly.

I'll just wait it out now, hopefully I'll get the "you can pick it up!" text message soon :D. I've never played Bayonetta 1 and I can't wait to finally see what the fuss is all about.

That got sold out crazy fast. I missed it :-(
Lucky you

Phoenixus

Just got a dispatch email from Game for my special edition. Gonna be so weird going to and from this and Hyrule Warriors, control-wise. :p

Soodanim

I too have had emails about Bayo 2. One from GAME, and 3 from ShopTo. All were processing/we took your money emails.
I ordered twice because Game was first but ShopTo was cheaper. I'll be returning game's one to store. I couldn't be bothered to phone up and cancel, and they don't let you manage pre-orders on their site.

Frodo

Will it get a midnight release on the eShop?

Haven't got any email or confirmation from my Amazon pre order. Which doesn't worry me too much as I'll buy it digitally regardless. :)

Weird...I only just got a Order processing email and not a dispatch email....

I got the dispatch email a little while ago. The email they sent out last week said they were going to process them earlier than usual, don't think any have actually been dispatched yet.

If your payment is processed successfully you will receive an email letting you know that your order is on its way. Your order won't reach you early; the email just means it's being held ready for delivery on launch day.

Top Bottom