• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 getting a Collector Edition in Europe (dated Oct 24)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Might want to ask retailers such as Spillsjappa.no, CDON, Coolshop and Platekompaniet while you are it. FWIW I am getting my Hyrule Warriors LE from the former.

Im doing this tomorrow if we wont have a good answer. I have a feeling we will have to import it and pay the custom though :(

Thanks for this by the way! I'm sitting here refreshing Webhallen in hopes that it'll pop up haha. I see they already updated Bayonetta 2's regular retail listing to be the Special Edition.

No problem! We scandinavian fans need to help each others out!

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Can we agree that the europeans are the master race of nintendo consoles?

oti

Banned
Here's the "normal" special edition.

BwuSMKdCEAA8Yu3.png

That'll do.

xevis

Banned
Leather? Wtf?! Why does a videogame need tobe dressed up in bits of dead animals? Eww. Pass. Standard edition for me.

Ok now I'm mad! ;(

What's with Nintendo in giving Europe everything? Doesn't the Wii U have the worst sales in Europe? How come the US never gets these cool editions?

Come on Nintendo I want that shit! Please! :(

I feel a less drastic version of this. I pretty sure the NA is still better than France and Germany on their own (obviously not a pure numbers comparison). Yet almost all special editions are Europe exclusive. Wouldn't it be much smarter to just ship a good portion of the physical goods to NA to make special editions?

javac

The first print is the Special Edition...right? I mean if you look at the First Print edition is contains the Book of Angels and it has the PEGI 18 rating so it includes both Bayo 1 and 2...right?

Hugstable

Banned
Great to see EU getting something pretty cool looking like this. I'm going digital so for me it doesn't really matter, but everyone upset about this should maybe wait it out? They might have something, probably not as awesome looking as this though. God something amazing looking like this LE would be the one thing to get me to break from going all digital on my Wii U haha.

Phamit

The first print is the Special Edition...right? I mean if you look at the First Print edition is contains the Book of Angels and it has the PEGI 18 rating so it includes both Bayo 1 and 2...right?

Yes, the First Print includes Both games

Dr Dogg

Well my excitement went rising up when hearing this announced and the crashing down when rumours about GAME being involved. I'm sure it will be on the Nintendo Store but that's essentially my other retail pet hate in The Hut Group urghh. Fingers crossed that whopping great USK logo means Amazon.de will come to the rescue.

JNA

Banned
I feel a less drastic version of this. I pretty sure the NA is still better than France and Germany on their own (obviously not a pure numbers comparison). Yet almost all special editions are Europe exclusive. Wouldn't it be much smarter to just ship a good portion of the physical goods to NA to make special editions?

It just doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint. If they get better sales in NA, shouldn't NA then get these kind of editions? Not trying to leave EU hanging or anything but for some reason I keep seeing this happen with various Nintendo games. Despite sales being much better in NA than most of EU in general.

And it makes me a sad panda as a fan of the series. :(

wrowa

It just doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint. If they get better sales in NA, shouldn't NA then get these kind of editions? Not trying to leave EU hanging or anything but for some reason I keep seeing this happen with various Nintendo games. Despite sales being much better in NA than most of EU in general.

And it makes me a sad panda as a fan of the series. :(

NoA and NoE are two different companies that make their decisions independet from each other. Not much more to say here, really.

oti

Banned
I'll gladly trade all those EU Special Editions for US eShop pricing. I mean SM3DL for about 15€? Yes please.

javac

First Print = Collectors Edition. (The Book of Angels)

Special Edition is the other Bayonetta 1 + 2 pack (pic below).

Oh yeah that makes sense. Just when I see the words First Print I thought that they meant the traditional "Be one of the first 15,000 people to buy the game and get a special box!" type of thing...they should have just called it the Limited Edition lol :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Tried to buy Amiibos at Game today. Everytime I hit Pay after filling everything it resets my basket and says it's empty. And when I choose Netherlands and fill NH in the state field, it changes it to to New Hampshire. Game's store just plain sucks. Give me amazon or shopto.

Tried to buy Amiibos at Game today. Everytime I hit Pay after filling everything it resets my basket and says it's empty. And when I choose Netherlands and fill NH in the state field, it changes it to to New Hampshire. Game's store just plain sucks. Give me amazon or shopto.

Why are you trying to buy amiibo from Game in the 1st place?

javac

Buying from GAME?

Not even once.

Eh I have no issues with them personally. I order a lot of Nintendo stuff with them since they get shit exclusively but since the launch of the Nintendo UK Store *Ahem The Hut* they've seem to be getting less and less. For example the Pokemon Steelbooks are also available on Nintendo UK Store, as was the ALBW Chest. I wouldn't be surprised if these are on there too, but being limited to 15k may limit that. I just hate that pre-orders are opening up in the 'morning'.

javac

I bet we get a download code for the digital version, knowing NoA.

Nope

The physical/disc package will include two discs: one for Bayonetta 2 and a separate one for Bayonetta 1. With the digital version, consumers will need to make two separate purchases, but the price of both will equal the total for the retail combo version. So you can buy one or the other separately if you want.

D_prOdigy

I like how we've gone from "It will be available from GAME" to "It is definitely a GAME exclusive and I'm getting angry about that now" within five minutes.

kuppy

bigger image via AGB
Yeah it's more like a booklet, what is it, 10, 12 or 14 pages?
The bigger box also seems quite bulky if you don't plan on storing the games in it. Sorry to say it, but I have a limited space, I don't find The Book of Spells all that visually appealing, the art book isn't really worth it, yap, I'm going with the normal Special Edition.

Also, just because Game will have all the different editions up for preorder in the morning doesn't have to mean no one else will, although it might.

Top Bottom