• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

12509857923_4293146117_o.jpg
He's back, and still hoping that Bayo has some time for pillow talk. Or he's very very pissed at her.
Probably the latter.

HNNNNNG.

Not many games make do that, but I'll do it again:

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Man, this looks so good. I can't wait until I get a Wii U for this and Smash--whichever comes first (along with TW101). I also liked what I heard of the vocal track. Sounds fierce from the little I could hear.

PokéKong

I reeeeeaally wanna see what that sage looks like unmasked, and if they're a rad new Vergil rival character, since it seems Jeanne may be demoted for most of the game.

imae

Can't wait for this.

Since playing bayo 1, all other action slashers have felt a bit 2nd rate. W101 came close to filling the void but it's not enough!

I'm already calling it, Bayonetta 2 will be my game of the generation just like Bayo 1 was.

Thimble-venter lol classic Platinum tougue in check story telling.

Salih

Holy Fucking Shit. The Queen is back and she is more ferocious than ever.

This game is a LEGIT action game. By now other developers should ask PlatinumGames for permission to develop an action game because PG obviously fucking OWN this genre.

tipoo

Banned
I want an uncompressed video of this trailer, the youtube one starts getting blurry just when the action heats up :/

Frodo

They confirmed it for this summer in Japan

I swear to all that's fuckin' holy if I have to wait for this like Wonderful 101...

They did? Seriously? They did? Honest question. They did?

So why not give a release date for the rest of the world? It is not like they are going to have to localise the game, since the voices are already in English, right?

Another notable difference between the Sage and Jeanne is the way Witch Time is applied to them.

With Jeanne, they simply made it so that you could only activate Witch Time by dodging her Wicked Weaves, but it was otherwise normal. With the Sage, it seems all attacks activate Witch Time, but the duration of Witch Time is significantly shorter than normal with him.

Also, his blood turns into red feathers when he takes damage, which is a cute way of staying consistent with Bayonetta and Jeanne's blood flowers.

Nyoro SF

So why not give a release date for the rest of the world? It is not like they are going to have to localise the game, since the voices are already in English, right?

The Wii U is tanking pretty badly in Japan, so they've been trying to throw bones to their JP audience more.

I wish the console was region free :(

its annoying to see Temperance and co, returning again (like, we dont fight them enough times already in Bayo 1). Other than that it looks so good.
That's my only complaint with what I saw. I think we know why Wonderful 101 may have cost more to develop. Game looks great though.

Satch

Banned
Another notable difference between the Sage and Jeanne is the way Witch Time is applied to them.

With Jeanne, they simply made it so that you could only activate Witch Time by dodging her Wicked Weaves, but it was otherwise normal. With the Sage, it seems all attacks activate Witch Time, but the duration of Witch Time is significantly shorter than normal with him.

if he is using his lumen sage super speed while bayo is using witch time, then they might as well be fighting normally
i0okTXK0nGcGo.gif

i think that may be the implication with the short witch time

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
if he is using his lumen sage super speed while bayo is using witch time, then they might as well be fighting normally
i0okTXK0nGcGo.gif

I think they're just making the game a bit easier

Should still play out the same on NSIC

I'd imagine Light Speed would be an attack with its own effect like in the reveal trailer. (It'd be pretty sick that if in later encounters he can dodge YOUR attacks to get Light Speed, punishing mashers)

Hopefully we will get a release date soon enough.

I do think Nintendo are doing the right thing in delaying the western release as ppl seeing the Japanese version on the internet will push more Bayo fans into pre ordeing and buying a WiiU (Maybe a W101 or Bayo 2 WiiU bundle)

ShinAmano

Pretty sick. She goes into Umbran Climax during the latter part of the combo and it looks like the arrows become living insects/demons.

He looks better than Cereza so far honestly. And at least this time we know of his origin won't be that he's bayonetta from the past. lol

Short answer is probably co-op. With him and Jeanne that's probably 3 playable characters for the mode. Continuing with the assumption that he's playable and has a moveset,(assuming that' not just some run from the boulder set piece in the trailer) he won't fight anything like an Umbran Witch.
Who?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
i0okTXK0nGcGo.gif

Dat light speed though. I think it's makes for a better boss battle than simply removing witch time completely in most modes. Gotta have him do the same things to you as you do to him.

Chindogg

So what needs to be done to get Bayo 1 on Wii U?

Also since Japan and Europe have release dates I'm assuming it'll release the same time worldwide.

wow look great. I have bayonetta for the ps3 sitting here. Haven't played it because I heard it plays like crap on the ps3. Will need to play this before bayonetta2 drops though.

if they would port bayonetta 1 to the wii u that would be amazing. wouldn't have to deal with this piss poor port. even an eshop only release would do. nintendo pls?

Trojan X

Banned
ibrbBNZm0CCMcd.gif

Action games are saved. ;_;

Looks like his wicked weave equivalent is telegraphed more clearly than Jeanne's.

FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucKA! THis game. THIS GAME! It got awesome spread all over it. I know my friend will tear this game to bits as will I!! Can't believe I will buy a Wii U but then again, as they will be awesome games available when Bayo2 comes out, I think that will be the best time to buy the machine.

Adaren

Not totally sold on the kid's design yet, but his accent is pretty swag.

I'm still expecting a twist where the Lumen Sages turns out to be a woman...either that or it's another time travel plot with the kid and the Sage.

I need this game so badly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom