• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Looking Trees In Gaming

RELIGHT

Banned
This game has amazing looking trees, I don't know why I didn't take pics of them more:
ibx6dGuDCI6Y6r.png

ibuz3gJxy8LWMz.png

iQh6ssR2pG5IJ.png

VJ0TRao.gif

Some upcoming games (sorry about the barrage of animated gifs):

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:
eth1.gif

eth3.gif

eth2.gif

The Witness:
the-witness-gif.gif

i5MZ8MZ67MSZG.gif

No Man's Sky:
2.jpg

The Witcher 3:
i3poUBXpwPr7L.gif

ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

Interesting, looks the same to me.

Hey, don't get me wrong guys. The tree looks just as good, but things like the wonky rock texture mean the new shots don't have quite the same impact as the original. I definitely believe the original is a direct grab now, and it looks fantastic!

Uncharted 2 is the game that pushed me to buy a PS3 so I know how beautiful these games look, but I'm legitimately surprised that Uncharted 3 stands up so well in the face of next gen titles.

Neiteio

I'm surprised everyone is only now noticing how great the forest in France looks in Uncharted 3. That whole chapter was gorgeous.

tci

Naughty Dogs are texture wizards. You can see that even in the first Uncharted..

I see them as the new Factor 5 in terms of visuals/performance.

Just look at the first game...

6.jpg

nib95

Banned
Naughty Dogs are texture wizards. You can see that even in the first Uncharted..

I see them as the new Factor 5 in terms of visuals/performance.

Just look at the first game...

6.jpg

Can't believe a shot I took so many years ago is still being used lol.

terrisus

Oh yeah, another one.
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GCN)

jXmxEjs.jpg

(Had trouble finding a good picture of the areas I was thinking of, looks better in-game).

The game itself was kind of disappointing, but, I always liked the way that it looks.

Those UC3 shots could quite easily pass for a next gen game. In-fact, they're graphically more impressive than several big next gen games.

Interesting how bad the rocks look now in comparison to how incredible the Killzone ShadowFall ones look. As soon as one game raises the bar the others fall down.

Would it blow your mind to know... it is?! O_O

Hah, you know they meant pre-rendered computer imagery. I have not played Uncharted 3 since I put this AHP IPS here and mostly enjoyed it on a tiny 24" TN and 120" projection. Might have to play through the single-player again...

I remember fable 2 having some very well done trees... I couldn't find any pictures that actually show that, though, but here's a couple ones:

fable2_07.jpg

trees001uk7.jpg

(The left one, ignore the right, apparently it's from a comparison with crysis Xd)
Some upcoming games (sorry about the barrage of animated gifs):

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:

What platform(s)?

There is a reason why I spend an extra 5hrs gawking at the visuals in ND games. Their DOF use looks awesome and playing in 3D is a whole new experience.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to this thread, I learned about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I want to play it.

Top Bottom